JoanBill

Pre-nups

64 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My guess is he lives in his parents guest house and drives a Volkswagen van with a surfboard rack. I also think this post was a "TROLL" post to stir up controversy. Lets see what the original poster has to say about his assets.

If the OP wishes to answer that's up to him, but until then I'd appreciate it if we could keep our own personal assumptions out of this. Thanks.

Edited by Mags

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

I'm not sure I understand the fuss about pre-nups, and yes, they were discussed here various times.

People seem to think that a pre-nup is always a one-sided, selfish protection of assets. Not true, in my opinion!

What if the pre-nup provides the spouse with a certain amount of money per year for a certain amount of time, should the marriage fail? This would enable the wealthier spouse to hang on to his/her assets without leaving the other person to starve...

And looking at a pre-nup as a proof for mistrust - well, I'm not even going to comment on that one... :whistle:

Conditional Permanent Resident since September 20, 2006

Conditions removed February 23, 2009

I am extraordinarily patient,

provided I get my own way in the end!

Margaret Thatcher

Aloha kakou,

I would like to say mahalo to everyone who offered constructive commentary regarding my post. Reading these was very helpful for me in realizing what the right thing to do is.

Mahalo again with wishes that all of our respective VJ's continue to thrive.

Bill

AOS Journey

01/18/08 - Mailed AOS packet to Chi-town

02/05/08 - Received Notice for Biometrics

02/23/08 - Received Notice for Interview (AOS)

02/26/08 - Scheduled Biometrics Done!

03/11/08 - Received Notice of Approval (AP)

03/13/08 - Card production ordered (EAD) Gee! Thanks a lot!!

03/21/08 - Approval Notice sent (EAD) Yahoo!!

03/24/08 - Touched & received EAD card today!! Yipee!!

03/25/08 - Scheduled Interview (AOS) Approved! Thankful!!

03/26/08 - Notice mailed welcoming as new permanent resident

03/28/08 - Card production ordered!! Wow!!!

03/31/08 - Received welcome letter.. Nice!

04/04/08 - Received green card through mail! Truly great! Mahalo nui loa!!

4589670_bodyshot_175x233_1205147893574.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.