rebeccajo

"Filer" threads

189 posts in this topic

the mods and ewok do have lives, they can't monitor VJ 24 hours a day...

I'm sure they do have lives and wouldn't expect them to monitor VJ 24 hrs a day. However as there's already been at least 1 report in this thread and the Cap'n has been contributing to the thread, I naturally would have assumed someone would be reading the content.

Maybe an alert system for mods? When a thread reaches over a certain number of posts it alerts the Mods so they can keep an eye on it?

Edited by cheeky^Wolf

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
the mods and ewok can't know exactly what is going on in every little corner of VJ unless it is pointed out...

and like I mentioned earlier they do have lives and can't be expected to monitor VJ 24 hours a day... so when things are pointed out to them it might be too late to intervene ...etc....

When admin/mod post a few minutes after the 'attack' your argument holds no water.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
the mods and ewok can't know exactly what is going on in every little corner of VJ unless it is pointed out...

and like I mentioned earlier they do have lives and can't be expected to monitor VJ 24 hours a day... so when things are pointed out to them it might be too late to intervene ...etc....

When admin/mod post a few minutes after the 'attack' your argument holds no water.

i know i sometimes post without reading all the posts before mine..... or sometimes a lot of people post at the same time etc.... and a post might not get noticed right aways...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

i know i sometimes post without reading all the posts before mine..... or sometimes a lot of people post at the same time etc.... and a post might not get noticed right aways...

I'm not interested in prolonging the discussion either, but I do have to add that one characteristic of a good moderator/arbiter should be to remain impartial. Impartiality requires that one review the facts, all of them, prior to and before rendering and opinion and ultimately intervening. Otherwise, the desired result is not achieved and a diametrically opposed perception conveyed. In this instance, a "pot shot" was taken by LisaD (how she gets away with this time and time again is beyond me!), the perpetrator slinks off, and later the "pot-shotee" (me) gets the flack. Not a good practice, in my opinion. If one were to review posting history on this board, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see a trend. Some have a proclivity for calling it like it is and being hypercritical.

In all due respect, and I'd like to take this time to offer my opinion that the moderators are voluntary and should be commended for their efforts, I'll agree, but anyone can see that an earlier post that was a low blow could have been selected, quoted and included so that the onus fell where it belonged. No need to really go much further. :wacko:

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

What's going on on VJ is about people realizing that Ewok, and not them, own this site.

OMG, LisaD!!! So, you're publicly announcing that Ewok is Steve then? :unsure: Some can't help but gush!

It's this kind of childishness that detracts from the site.

Actually, rather it's comments like the above that really detract from this site. Why is it that when you make a comment, no matter how you initially delivered it, it's supposed to be perceived by all as funny, whether you actually carry it off, or not? And God forbid someone dare to have a comeback, lest he or she get to hear you spew for page after page. Yet when someone else makes a funny comments, you publicly coin it ...... "childish".

Your "holier than thou" rubbish is a real turn off to me. No doubt to lots more. So, spare us, please!

I know, I know.... it's because you're privileged. Another case of "Do as I say, not as I do". Yada, yada, yada.......

Your comment had nothing to do with anything...just a ridiculous attempt to make it into something it isn't. And your vitriolic disposition towards me seems like it's uncontrollable, as evidenced above. Kinda like your only journey into OT to attack me about my wedding gown, hahahah. That was fun!

If you can't stay on topic, please spare the personal attacks. Not that they hurt me, mind you....but they do you no good whatsoever. Try a little perspective maybe?

What a shame, DM....I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

*taps microphone* Is this thing on? :unsure:

Seriously though, I requested that we keep personal comments out of this and continue any further issues via PM. The next comment that is not on topic will result in this thread being locked.

Thankyou.

What's going on on VJ is about people realizing that Ewok, and not them, own this site.

OMG, LisaD!!! So, you're publicly announcing that Ewok is Steve then? :unsure: Some can't help but gush!

It's this kind of childishness that detracts from the site.

Actually, rather it's comments like the above that really detract from this site. Why is it that when you make a comment, no matter how you initially delivered it, it's supposed to be perceived by all as funny, whether you actually carry it off, or not? And God forbid someone dare to have a comeback, lest he or she get to hear you spew for page after page. Yet when someone else makes a funny comments, you publicly coin it ...... "childish".

Your "holier than thou" rubbish is a real turn off to me. No doubt to lots more. So, spare us, please!

I know, I know.... it's because you're privileged. Another case of "Do as I say, not as I do". Yada, yada, yada.......

Your comment had nothing to do with anything...just a ridiculous attempt to make it into something it isn't. And your vitriolic disposition towards me seems like it's uncontrollable, as evidenced above. Kinda like your only journey into OT to attack me about my wedding gown, hahahah. That was fun!

If you can't stay on topic, please spare the personal attacks. Not that they hurt me, mind you....but they do you no good whatsoever. Try a little perspective maybe?

What a shame, DM....I'm actually embarrassed for you.

No need to feel embarassed for me. I can hold my own. And as for my travels into OT, I was here for years prior to your emergence on the schene. You can't know of my prior activities and I pity anyone that has nothing better to do than to watch what I do.

My question (and note that it was a question, not a blanket statement) was on topic. I queried your announcement that Ewok owned the site. Am I not entitled to question what you write? Is noone entitled to question what you write without being fodder for another of your personal attacks? Childish? Not I. I have years on you\; years that have provided me with knowledge of courtesy, respect and diplomacy. If only you knew vitriol, you'd be sparing VJ quite a bit of bandwidth. :lol:

I'm done. You're not worth my time.

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.