Jas S

Anyone else have fights with their spouse?

30 posts in this topic

My hubby and I don't really argue, we have minor disagreements which are generally caused by lack of sleep for me. I get up at 5am to spend time with him before I go to work, and stay up late spending time with him before he goes to work. Eventually the lack of sleep makes me snarky and shortens my temper. Josh doesn't baite me though, so the mood eventually subsides.

When I am feeling particularly down in the dumps about being so far away, I withdraw away from him to avoid full-out arguements. I switch off my laptop and spend some time feeling sorry for myself, rather than taking it out on him. I don't want to lash out at the person I love just because I end up feeling the way I do. It's not his fault that we're going through this but he deals with it much better than I do. He is the type of person that lives for today and doesn't think about the distant future, where-as I am someone who is waiting for the future to get here so that I can put all this behind me and finally be with him. Two very different ways of dealing with a painful situation. I suppose I envy that he can remain so positive about it all.

Josh doesn't like my self-imposed solitary time, but he understands that I feel I need it. The messages I find in MSN when I do switch my laptop back on prove exactly how much he loves me and help to get my frame of mind back where it needs to be.

It reminds me how truly lucky I am to have found someone so perfect for me, even though he is so far away. And when I say that I am jealous of seeing couples walking around together, he reminds me that they are the ones that should be jealous because we know each other better than they probably ever will. I think long distance relationships open up a depth and strength to the relationship that wouldn't generally occur otherwise.

Cheryl

06/2005 Met Josh online ~ 02/2006 My 1st visit to the US ~ 09/2006 2nd US visit (Josh proposed) ~ 02/2007 3rd US visit (married)

04/2007 K3 visa applied ~ 05/2007 Josh's 1st UK visit ~ 09/2007 4th US visit ~ 02/2008 K3 visa completed ~ 02/2008 US entry

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

04/2008 AOS/EAD filed ~ 05/2008 Biometrics ~ 06/2008 EAD recv'd ~ 08/2008 Conditional greencard

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/2010 3rd wedding anniversary ~ 06/04/2010 Apply for lifting conditions ~ 06/14 package delivered ~ 07/23 Biometrics

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

No fights, no anger. But we had painful misunderstandings from differing cultures. Now just the garden variety painful waiting.

Good luck and it will get easier OP.

2-2-07 Sent I-129F to NSC

2-6-07 NSC received USPS mail, NSC then to CSC

2-15-07 NOA1 -file received

2-16-07 check cashed

2-23-07 touched

5-4-07 NOA2 approval -email

5-13-07 sent cancellation request letter

6-7-07 we're going to retry with a K-3

8-6-07 married in Thailand (dual language, dual representation prenuptial)

8-7-07 sent K3 from Bangkok

9-10-07 I-130 NOA1, (received at CSC 8-9-07)

10-9-07 sent I-129F to CSC

11-1-07 touched I-130

requested consular processing I-130 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf)

9-13-07 I-129F for Spouse arrived CSC via USPS return rcpt. requested

4-1-08 NOA2 for K3 (I-134 supposed to be processed but processed I-129F instead)

7-11-08 interview Bangkok, passed.

7-16-08 POE arrival, 2 hours in Seattle Customs.

AOS I-486 sent 4-4-09

AOS NOA1 4-13-09 for all; I-485, I-131, I765

RFE 4-27-09 Thai official document in lieu of original Birth Certificate not sufficient???

Infopass appointment 5-26-09 at USCIS. Officer thought our doc was valid and doesn't know why the RFE.

7-28-09 EAD and AP sent

Social Security card 8-4-09

interview 9-10-09

10 year green card expires 9-17-19, Permanent Resident Card.

Resident since 9-10-09.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello,

Me and my husband have our arguments too. Really, its more from my end and I really think that it has to do with me being a female, but I can see how your wife can be in emotional rollercoaster especially being pregnant. Is this her first time? I would like to have children but I can not imagine how it will be like if I did get pregnant and my husband is still in the other side of the world. He wants to be with me when I go through it. I hear stories of pregant women and I think its really important for the man to be there emotionally for the woman. She probably is having low self esteem. I know my hubby makes me feel good when he tells me that he loves me everyday and that Im beautiful and he cant wait to show me off to his friends and he always makes me laugh. A funny guy can make a girl do anything. Its hard when two people have pride but eventually one has to give in in order to give the opportunity for the relationship to work. It makes it easier when the both of you "LISTEN" to each other and understand where each other is coming from. When you and her understand each others point of views, then you both will have to come to like an agreement or at least to the same level of understanding and then I think that ends the argument. But you both have to really try and mean it. Since May of 2005, that is what me and my husband have been doing. Long distance sucks but I get excited and take pride to know that not many people can do what we both have done for over two years. And that this has made us stronger and that our love is sincere. I have never cheated on him and never had the thought to be with any of the men around me (beleive me, I have been hit on hard and there are unfaithful men in my area) and the same for my husband in Germany. Do you really think any of your friends can do what you are doing? All my friends, but one said there is no way they would have kept up with long distance. That is not love if you give up. When you love someone, you will fight and give your all. Sometimes I wonder if God approves or does not approve. But the way I see it is that this is my life and I hope that God sees that this is sincere and I feel the best is yet to come (when we are finally living together). I cant wait to see how life will be like then. Buying a house, furniture, living the american dream. Best of all sharing my life, my job and my future with him. (L):star::yes:

Same here!

5/11/2007 - Submitted I-129F

5/14/2007 - Packet Received by USCIS

5/21/2007 - Received NOA1

7/11/2007 - Ordered Police Certificate

8/16/2007 - Received Police Certificate

8/23/2007 - Received NOA2 Email Confirmation

8/30/2007 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

9/4/2007 - Received NVC Letter

9/10/2007 - Packet 3 Received

9/24/2007 - Packet 3 Returned

10/7/2007 - Medical Interview - London

11/6/2007 - Interview - PASSED!

11/13/2007 - Passport Returned

11/18/2007 - Coming Home for Good

11/19/2007 - Had trouble at the aiport...NOW coming home for good.

12/18/2007 - Applied for Social Security Card

12/27/2007 - Received Social Security Card

2/05/2008 - Getting Married!

2/18/2008 - Submitted AOS packet

2/26/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-I-765, and I-131

2/28/2008 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

3/12/2008 - Biometric Appointment

3/13/2008 - RFE for I-485

3/24/2008 - Submitted Evidence

5/2/2008 - I-485 Transfer Notice - sent to CA center

7/17/2008 - Received EAD

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Distance causes havoc on a relationship, add that to the pain of delayed approval while the people who got married to H1B are leaving right away with their husbands, things get very frustrating. All I can say is hang in there, thats what I am trying to do and figure everytime you fight and makeup you are that much colser.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Chennai, India

2007-02-25 : Marriage

2007-03-14 : I-130 Sent

2007-03-18 : I-130 Transferred to CSC

2007-03-31 : I-130 NOA 1 (Recieved in mail)

2007-08-23 : I-130 NOA 2 (Recived email from CRIS)

I129F

2007-04-02 : I-129F Sent to Chicago

2007-04-09 : I-129F NOA 1

2007-04-25 : I-129F Touched I129 transferred to CSC

2007-05-21 : I-129F Touched I129 Recieved at CSC

2007-08-23 : I-129F NOA 2 (Approved, recieved email from CRIS)

2007-09-24 : I-129F Recieved at NVC and Case Number assigned.

2007-09-26 : I-129F Left NVC and on its way to Chennai.

2007-10-05 : Chennai Embassy Recieved our Case

2007-11-01 : Interview date, K3 Visa issued with absolutely no questions.

2007-11-11 : POE JFK took less than half hour

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I remeber arguments we had while waiting for my visa, the waiting just took it's toll, I think that is perfectly normal.

Your situation is probably even harder due to your wifes pregnancy. I just remember how I felt when I was pregnant, the hormones acting all crazy, I am not sure how that would have went if we had been apart like you guys are.

My advice, whenever you feel things are getting heated, take a deep breath and try to figure out, what caused the argument.

Sometimes we would get off the phone to calm down and then call back a little later and talk about it again.

I definitley learned patience with myself and my fiance during that time.

My best wishes for you!

Nadine & Kenneth

Our K-1 journey

02/06/2006 filed 129F

07/01/2007 received visa via "Deutsche Post"

08/27/2006 POE Dallas

->view my complete timeline

AOS, EAD and AP

12/6/2006 filed for AOS & EAD

1/05/2007 AOS transferred to California Service Center

01/16/2008 letter to Congressman

03/27/2008 GREENCARD arrived

ROC

02/02/2010 filed I-751

07/01/20010 Greencard arrived

Naturalization

12/08/2021 N-400 filed 

03/15/2022 Interview. Approved after "quality review"

05/11/2022 Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

My fiance and I go through this. We seem to take turns. Some things he does that really help.

1. When im upset he stops and says...."talk to me" tell me what you are thinking and feelling". This almost immediately makes me stop and think...what really IS bothering me. Then he listens. Nothing more. Once im done venting....its done. I find once i let out the EMOTIONS i can FIND the LOGIC.

2. He rings me alot...that is our "touch" or hug

3. He uses skype to call me for no reason

4. He makes me more a part of his day by sms'ing me what he is doing at THAT moment and telling me he misses me.

5. He SHARES his frustrations with me to. THAT makes it so i don't feel alone in this. I dont' want to hear why he can't be here...I KNOW this....what i want is validation and to know im not alone.

6. He stays extra time online...up later...special visits when im down.

7. He leaves me voice mail or offline messages

8. I dont want THINGS...I want HIM.....

I think your wife is the same. She is full of hormones...and if this is her first...she's scared. She needs more of YOU. If you can find little ways to put yourself into her days more...take pics and send them to her of things in your area...things u did...where you shop...let her SEE where you wre that day Email them with the "story" of your day. ANYTHING to make her feel a part. I sent him a map with the roads I take on my job highlighted....and when approximately in my day im on what road. He LOVES it....he can follow me and know where i am. Be creative...its not all about just a callll ....but making her FEEL you. She misses you....and wants nothing more than to be a part of your DAILY life....find ways to do that for her and just say....Im sorry you feel this way....talk to me.....what are u feeling....and let her talk. Stop trying to justify why you can't be there....deep down....she KNOWS this... Good luck.

No fights, no anger. But we had painful misunderstandings from differing cultures. Now just the garden variety painful waiting.

my wife gives me the ole silent treatment when she's mad

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Sometimes you have to understand men and women handle worry differently. My husband was a massive grump for 9 months until he arrived on his K-3 - everything he thought may go wrong was a source of anger for him and a was a source of obsession for me. While I cried, he just detached, it lead to many disagreements and misunderstandings, and mostly because of my own worry and emotion I was too silly to see how worried he was. I can only say, step back, realise you are going through the same thing separately but together, and you need each other to make it through. Sometimes women need constant reassurance, no matter how irritating it is to you, you need to know a. she's pregnant hormones are going uber nutty b. she misses you so much and wants to be with you desperately c. refer to letter a again :P but don't remind her her hormones are nutty :P

I-130 Filed - Sept. 15, 2006

129-F Filed - Oct. 27, 2006

I-130/129F Approved - Jan. 10, 2007

K3/K4 Visas Approved - May 4, 2007

~~~~Hubby and Son PoE Newark - May 27, 2007~~~~

EAD filed for Hubby - June 6, 2007

EAD NOA for Hubby - June 13, 2007

AoS filed for Hubby and Son - June 15, 2007

EAD for Hubby APPROVED! WOW!!!!!! - July 19, 2007

AoS Interview for Hubby and Son in Philadelphia - Friday, September 14, 2007 - APPROVED!

10 Year Green Cards Received!!!! - October 12, 2007

Done until naturalization!

m_7dc3c15c2e1d0eafb3d8770777862202.gif

same here brother rich..sometimes silence is golden

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Be patient with her, specially being pregnant she will experience a lot of mood swing as due to Hormones.

You might be doing it already, but one thing that's very important is communication, get her involved into the process, if she can go to a browsing center, you can refer her to Visajourney, she can come here and read people experience, she can feel that she's not alone, there are lot of women going through the same thing. You need her to be strong with you to to through it, because when she cries, and going to so much pain, you cant's sleep, can't eat, and madly worry about her and specially being pregrant with the baby, sweet talk her.

By getting her involve, that will release some pressure from you, she can know you are doing your best, but the decision is up the the USCIS, there's no way and nothing you can do to make it move any faster, you can refer to the uscis website as to what month they are processing.

And lastly start to discuss the financial aspect of the marriage, sweetheart I would love to be there with you right, even stay there until all the paperwork is all done and we both fly back together, but how are we going to pay the bill, I have to set up the house for you when you get there.(Special HINT= but don't do much as once she gets here, she can fix it to her own taste). Start addressing everything as We, Ours, both of us. with due time she will understand and see where you are coming from. Be strong and be patient my friend.

Edited by Nikita2Charles

Gone but not Forgotten!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Some things Jonny does for me when I'm really missing him loads:

• He recorded himself reading a book for me to listen to.
  • he slept in the same shirt for over a week, sealed it in a plastic bag and mailed it to me so I can smell his scent next to me when I sleep. I did the same thing too. He's also sent his pillowcases :D we joke that he's really just mailing me his laundry to do :P
  • Recorded videos of himself
  • We have been known to have dinner together via webcam. Yes, dressed up nice too. (we are such dorks)

This is all on top of the usual care packages that have my favorite chocolates and cookies (ok ok ok, I mean biscuits :P), his favorite gatorade flavors, letters, cards, pictures, emails, yahoo chats, calls, skype, talks about what we will be doing when we are reunited...etc. It's amazing what something with a personal touch can do.

Flowers hu? man I never get flowers, not even in person! :crying:

I say be patient with her and listen to her vent. Let her know you miss her just as much and that if you came down with the disease of money falling out of your butt that you would be there as soon as you could wash all the money. (hell if it's contagious come give me that disease before you leave! :whistle: ) Being apart is hard enough, but bring hormones into it and it's exponentially harder. Good luck!

Life long Texan, living in Hull, UK. How did this happen?

11 January - We met online and became friends

4 February - Became a couple

17 March - I went to Hull to meet the guy

20 March - First "I love you"

25 March - I go home :(

16 November - He comes to visit me in Texas

25 November - he leaves back home :(

14 December - ENGAGED! <3

1 March- I fly off to see my babe in Hull

4 April - I go home :(

9 October - He comes back to Texas!!!!

13 October - WEDDING!!!

22 October - He goes back to England and I continue to wait for my settlement visa.

13 December 2007 - Move to England

Now the wait begins, I will become a citizen then we will DFC back to the US.

the-british-are-comming-small.jpg965-smaller.jpg

Our slide show .......... Our page on TheKnot.com

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

same here brother rich..sometimes silence is golden

I do that so well :) not on VJ but to my hubby :P

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

If she is pregnant, she is very emotional. Poor her. Be nice and done take it close to heart, because pregnant woman can say much things in fight and anger meanwhile she don't mean at all.

07/29/2006 – I-129 sent to Vermont

08/04/2006 - NOA1

08/28/2006 - NOA2 - approved

09/01/2006 - NVC - approved

09/07/2006 - Warsaw embassy sent packet 3 (damn post services, never received any)

09/18/2006 - packet 3 sent (Nothing fails)

09/27 - received packet 4

10/10 - medical exam

10/19 - INTERVIEW!

10/20 - received visa

11/7 - arrived in USA, POE YFK

1/19 - Married

02/23/2007 - Civil Surgeon (checked just vaccines for $ 25)

05/04/2007 - AOS package sent to Chicago

05/11/2007 - NOA1

05/15/2007 - NOA2 - ASC appointment letter about biometrics

05/24/2007 - RFE about tax forms w-2 and 1099!!!

06/05/2007 - Biometrics

21/06/2007 - NOA3 - Transfered to California

10/07/2007 - AOS approved, card production ordered!!!

19/07/2007 - Half year marriage anniversary - GC arrives!!!

07/08/2009 - Package sent (My cover letter 40 peaces of evidence)

07/14/2009 - check was cashed

07/10/2009 - NOA 1 received, GK extended for a year

07/17/2009 - received biometrics letter with my case number

08/06/2009 - scheduled biometrics appointment

11/16/2009 - approval

12/01/2009 - touched - card production ordered

2/26/2010 - got ten year card

No more departures!!!

No more typing!!!

Ne mirkli Tu neesi atstājis manas domas,

Tā, ka manas domas aizmirsa pat aizmirstību.

Mīļotais ir ienācis manā teltī,

Un mana sirds ir mulsas pārņemta.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
If she is pregnant, she is very emotional. Poor her. Be nice and done take it close to heart, because pregnant woman can say much things in fight and anger meanwhile she don't mean at all.

Thanks for the advise everyone....I apprecaite it. The distant is what is causing the problem, so I am going to see her very soon.

Timeline

--------------------

01/03/07 Married :)

03/15/07 Mailed I130

03/22/07 Received NOA1 for I130

04/25/07 Received Transfer Notice to VSC for I129F

05/29/07 Touched I130

05/30/07 Touched 129F

06/23/07 Joined this great site

06/25/07 Touched I130

06/25/07 Got notice in the email that they need more information for the I130 and that they sent me a letter in the mail (RFE)

06/26/07 Touched I130

07/05/07 Got the RFE in mail

07/06/07 Mailed out the evidence required in the RFE

07/12/07 My wife got the PCC done at her local Passport office :)

07/12/07 Touched I130 "Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed."

07/16/07 Touched I130

07/17/07 Touched I130

08/07/07 Called for RFE info. They said not yet, and will have something in the mail by 3-4 weeks :(

08/15/07 I130 Approved!!! Woo Hoo!!! Finally....

09/28/07 I129F Approved!!!

10/04/07 Oct 4th NVC Sent K3 Info. To The Consulate

Nov 1st Interview Date

Nov 6th VISA APPROVED! & in hand

Arrived in NJ on Nov 10th

Baby due date is January 8th!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hang it there. It does get better.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right