MaxThai

AOS & IV fees rejected but was then DQ’d?

27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Has this happened to anyone else? This morning  I received an email from NVC that both fees were rejected. Then like a couple hours later we were DQ’d.

So confused.

I paid 2 weeks ago and the payments were cleared. Already sent an inquiry to NVC with screenshots from my bank of the payments. I’m thinking NVC has system issues.2140214808_DQemail.png.b27794d89dc60763c235eecc2bb5d157.png2078564522_NVCDQ.png.a97e841ecddb674c211c9604b9ee19e7.png

IMG_6130.jpeg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Same. It’s been an issue for a lot of us apparently. 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Transferred? Potomac Service Center on 2022-07-01
Consulate : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Marriage (if applicable): 2022-06-21
I-130 Sent : 2022-06-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2022-06-29

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, dattran1116 said:

hopefully it does not affect our interview date! goood luck

Right, that’s my concern too. I want to say no because DQ in theory should override this glitch… I hope. 

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Transferred? Potomac Service Center on 2022-07-01
Consulate : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Marriage (if applicable): 2022-06-21
I-130 Sent : 2022-06-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2022-06-29

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I tried searching on here and google for this same issue and all I found was a few people who just kept paying over and over again after getting rejected multiple times. They never updated on what happened after or how it was resolved or if even they got refunds for the multiple payments.

1 hour ago, MaxThai said:

I tried searching on here and google for this same issue and all I found was a few people who just kept paying over and over again after getting rejected multiple times. They never updated on what happened after or how it was resolved or if even they got refunds for the multiple payments.

I think this is a new issue. For the people they had a rejected payment which was from the begining of the NVC steps. So they cannot submit or upload documents. For our cases, we all received the DQ...so Idk what happened in the next several day. Just wait for their answer!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Happened to me on Wednesday. The funny part is that I paid for my wife's IR-1 in January using the exact same bank account and everything and it got accepted and I never got a rejection for it. However when I paid for my daughter's IR-2 on April 25th, it got rejected this past Wednesday, so more than 2 weeks later. I got charged the full $325 amount, btw my bank is Chase, not a small town local bank. Sent in statement PDF to NVC, waiting.

Oh and btw, NVC decided to go and drop their official 603-334-0700 number. They no longer offer assistance through it to "...focus their entire team on approving cases..." as the recorded message said...

Looks like an issue with their system 🙄

Edited by ZRomper

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline
40 minutes ago, MaxThai said:

UPDATE: 

Well, thats not a great response. So, I just paid again. Let’s see what happens in 2-3 business days. 

IMG_6135.jpeg

But how do we even know that pay.gov will refund us?! Is it automatic, like if you get a rejection message in CEAC, they signal pay.gov to refund it?!
Also, how can they reject a payment which got successfully deducted from the account, this means their bank received it, they even confirm it after 3 days. This is total nonsense. In my case, as i mentioned above, i used the same bank account for my wife's DS-160 in January and it did not get rejected, they provide no reason for the rejection...I mean if they reject Chase, then who else has a chance?! This is one of the biggest 3 banks in America.

Why can't they admit it's a system issue. 😠

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, MaxThai said:

UPDATE: 

Well, thats not a great response. So, I just paid again. Let’s see what happens in 2-3 business days. 

IMG_6135.jpeg

This is the same response I woke up to this morning. This is def not a good response! I just hope that after I pay again, they will refund me of the previous payment that was deducted from my account.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.