Sonder74

Visiting BF and Mom in US on TouristVisa

5 posts in this topic

Hello. My Thai GF of 3 years will visit me in July with her daughter. She has a valid TouristVisa, has been here for two weeks some 4 years ago. She also visited Canada for a few days on that trip, but departed from LAX. Her mom lives in a different state, USC for 15 years or so, and would like to travel here to spend a few days together, visiting my big city. Last three years,  I was traveling for 1 month in Thailand, returning home for 2 months, repeating the cycle. We bought land and started building a new house over there. She's a head nurse in a government hospital, and has to finish her contract, 6 more years. Now, reading this and some reddit, CBP is looking for strong ties to her country, that's fine. She will have paper from her hospital, with her position and salary, well above average. Statement acount with a decent amount. Bills on her name. Home title on her name, land on her name. New car lease on her name. The little one is enrolled in a private school, always a top 3 student, 12yo. Will have letter from school, that she's allowed to travel to US, including when she's expected to be back. They have an official document stating that her mom is the one exercising parental power, for traveling abroad with her daughter, as she has a different last name. Also, they have father consent, even if irrelevant, they never been legally married. I've read that Thailand is somehow red flagged at CBP. There is 0 intent for her to overstay those 12 days, she won't leave her job and kid's school, as well as her other engagements there. At least not for the foreseable future, as I am the one moving there. But I understand that we have the burden of proof. Are these documents sufficient? Is there anything else we haven't think about? Forgot to mention, my return ticket to Thailand is on the same flight as their departure. Maybe I'm just paranoid. Thank you for any advice, and for reading my too long post. 

Edited by Sonder74
grammar

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.