Kiran kaur

Interview for 2 years old

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My child’s case is at nvc waiting for documents to be qualified but my case (mother) is already dqed since dec 2022 

Does 2 years old needs to attend his own interview or I can bring him with me at my interview date???

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

A 2 years old? What are they going to do with the little todler, an interview in babytalk language? Yes and in addition, this little guy should not forget to fill out his DS-260 form and provide it's police and military records. 😁

Sorry - I had a clown for breakfast and I find the question funny - NO OFFENSE THOUGH!!!

Edited by Volli

*** Moved from IR1/CR1 Progress Reports to Bringing Family of USC to America forum, where topics about IR2 cases are discussed ***

5 minutes ago, Volli said:

But aside from just being silly, here is a link that might be helpful to you:

https://do.usembassy.gov/children-under-14-do-not-need-to-be-present-at-interview/

That link is for applicants in the Dominican Republic.  Based on OP's VJ profile, they will be interviewing in India.  Each consulate has their own policy on whether toddler applicants are required to attend interview.  At the consulate in my home country, all immigrant visa applicants, even toddlers, need to show up at the consulate for interview.  Obviously, all questions are directed at their parent or adult guardian, but the children are required to be physically present regardless.

9 hours ago, Kiran kaur said:

Does 2 years old needs to attend his own interview or I can bring him with me at my interview date???

Best to contact your consulate directly to confirm if your child will be required to attend the interview.  If so, you may request NVC to link your and your child's cases together so you two can be scheduled for interview together.  Whether your child needs to attend the interview or not, DS-260 is required for your child.  Police certificates are not required for applicants below 16 years old.

Not for the OP, but for those interviewing at Lagos, Nigeria.  Here's a note from the official embassy website -- https://ng.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visas-processing-in-lagos/

"All people who will be receiving an immigration benefit must be in attendance for their interview, including children."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.