chioparis

Adoption in Mexico

62 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
25 minutes ago, chioparis said:

It is unknown - he is not listed in her birth certificate and no one knows who it is.

Even the mother?

I have seen cases where people do this in anticipation for the child to be "adopted" later by a USC relative. Basically, it is planned out.  

You know when I heard the latest case? December last year (2021). The baby in question is yet to be born but the parents have all planned it out. I bet in 3 years, the mom will want the kid adopted and the father will be "MIA."

I am Mike-E-ing at this point. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

1 hour ago, chioparis said:
1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Oh.

Orphan?

No - but.... her mother is the only one in her birth certificate and it's a sad reality, but we live in one of the most dangerous cities in the world and she hangs out with the toughest crowds.  Would process change if she became an orphan?

(Hope I don't sound so dark - but it is really dangerous here)

You are to be commended for stepping in , moving your life there and sticking it out for the last five years. Even as your husband grumbles but commutes to support the family. 

There is no scrutiny of the adoption on any grounds other than meeting the statutory requirements. ..and if the biological mother relinquished parental rights and biological father never bothered to claim/ legitimate child ( let alone love and support her) then he has zero part in this process.

Stay clear on your path, get the adoption finalized and you will be fine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
40 minutes ago, chioparis said:

Is there really a way for USCIS to know we are related unless we volunteer that information?  

I will start by saying that I know nothing about adoptions etc etc and I believe @Family said this shouldn’t be an issue. 
However, looking into the bigger picture, imagine that your nephew becomes a USC and wants to petition someone else when older. This information would for sure come up. 
That being said, the plan itself might work out. Just don’t conceal information

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

1 minute ago, Rocio0010 said:
44 minutes ago, chioparis said:

Is there really a way for USCIS to know we are related unless we volunteer that information?  

I will start by saying that I know nothing about adoptions etc etc and I believe @Family said this shouldn’t be an issue. 
However, looking into the bigger picture, imagine that your nephew becomes a USC and wants to petition someone else when older. This information would for sure come up. 
That being said, the plan itself might work out. Just don’t conceal information

The big picture is quite simple. The adopted child WILL gain USC automatically and when that child grows up , can petition for ANYONE except biological mother or biological siblings, since that tie is severed by adoption. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Family said:

The big picture is quite simple. The adopted child WILL gain USC automatically and when that child grows up , can petition for ANYONE except biological mother or biological siblings, since that tie is severed by adoption. 

Yeah I know and I agree with you, I was just saying if OP decided to conceal/ misrepresent their relationship, it might bring issues in the future should the kid petition for someone else 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Family said:

2 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

Yeah I know and I agree with you, I was just saying if OP decided to conceal/ misrepresent their relationship, it might bring issues in the future should the kid petition for someone else 

I know this game quite well. 

We had a case here in December where someone wanted to reestablish the link, now that they had achieved the first step: citizenship for the adopted kid. All of a sudden, the parents/ siblings wanted relationship with the newly minted USC 🤣

If immigration paid well, I would like to join and be a supervisor.

USCIS, if you are reading, call me, but only if it is above $100k / year base salary.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

11 minutes ago, Timona said:

know this game quite well. 

We had a case here in December where someone wanted to reestablish the link, now that they had achieved the first step: citizenship for the adopted kid. All of a sudden, the parents/ siblings wanted relationship with the newly minted USC 🤣

If immigration paid well, I would like to join and be a supervisor.

USCIS, if you are reading, call me, but only if it is above $100k / year base salary.

They’re calling…

https://www.usajobs.gov/job/699906600

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Family said:

They’re calling…

https://www.usajobs.gov/job/699906600

They ask too many questions. I have no patience. I just want to upload resume and out.

Filed: Timeline
49 minutes ago, Family said:

You are to be commended for stepping in , moving your life there and sticking it out for the last five years. Even as your husband grumbles but commutes to support the family. 

There is no scrutiny of the adoption on any grounds other than meeting the statutory requirements. ..and if the biological mother relinquished parental rights and biological father never bothered to claim/ legitimate child ( let alone love and support her) then he has zero part in this process.

Stay clear on your path, get the adoption finalized and you will be fine.

Thank you 🙏 this is what I have gathered from my research as well.  We just want to go home with our daughter. 

No tricks or games, just a young family trying to come home and provide a better life in a better place to our kid!  Living here with cartel presence/violence is no joke 😵💫 

46 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

...not concealing, but mostly wondering if the relationship would come up at all.

Timeline
Just now, chioparis said:

...not concealing, but mostly wondering if the relationship would come up at all.

But then if it does, what would be the issue?

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
4 hours ago, chioparis said:

It seems the process doesn't change because we are related... but maybe I am interpreting this wrong?

LINK

"U.S. citizens wishing to adopt a child relative from abroad and then petition for that child to immigrate to the United States following the completion of the adoption must generally proceed in the same way as non-relative U.S. prospective adoptive parents. "

There's a legal answer legit reasoning for this eg if the child is legitimately an orphan. 

It is not meant to skirt immigration laws like most people do nowadays. 

21 hours ago, Family said:

You should work on trying to get a job offer ( in writing) from a US company around the time adoption is final...

Just to clarify - My future employer must have in writing that they will hire me once I am back in the United States?  Or do they need to put an actual date?

10 minutes ago, chioparis said:

Just to clarify - My future employer must have in writing that they will hire me once I am back in the United States?  Or do they need to put an actual date?

It will need to have a date for you to start …for example within 60 or 90 days from when you show letter to CDJ and ask to qualify for DCF

Edited by Family

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.