rooji

Tourist Visa-Delimma

42 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am not sure if anyone can help me with this because it is a unique situation. A bit of background, my oldest sister-in-law is officially married to her husband and has unofficially (will get to that in a minute) 2 daughters. The problem is, the husband has a second wife and officially that wife has 2 kids plus my sister-in-law's daughters. Basically when my sister-in-law's biological daughters were born, the husband tricked her and put his other wife's name as the mother so officially as per Pakistan's NADRA system my sister-in-law is not the biological mother and it is the husband's other wife. The problem is this: my mother-in-law wants to invite my sister-in-law to come visit us and we already applied for her, however the kids' dad is stating to apply for the youngest daughter as well to go with my sister-in-law. Now we don't know what to put in the application in terms of how the youngest daughter of my sister-in-law knows us and if she will be traveling with my sister-in-law since by birth certificate she is not the mother. the youngest daughter is a minor too so I am assuming that she will be rejected if we don't put down anyone in terms of mother and if she knows anyone in USA. My sister-in-law wants to come with her biological daughter and the father is giving the permission for the daughter to travel with her mom and will provide the letter too but since we already filled out the mother's application we did not mention that she will be traveling with another person and even if we had we have no way of explaining how she knows the daughter since the daughter is not officially her daughter. She can say step-daughter but even then by law the other wife is alive and living with them. I don't know what to do, will the sister-in-law get the visa and will the daughter get it too? will the officers ask them to provide proof of their relationship? will they be able to pull up her daughter's records if we mention that daughter knows us? Are minors allowed to travel to us on visit visa if they don't know anyone officially but still know us.

I don't know what to do at this point. The father is adamant that we apply for the daughter but is not willing to change the birth certificate since his own immigration to canada will be jeopardize.

I can provide more information if someone can help me with this.

Urooj

Most of visit visas are denied.

Denials for visitors from Pakistan is even higher than average.

Add to that complicated family history and unusual family ties, it's almost guaranteed that no visa will be granted.

Disclamer: this is my opinion only.

5 minutes ago, OldUser said:

Most of visit visas are denied.

Denials for visitors from Pakistan is even higher than average.

Add to that complicated family history and unusual family ties, it's almost guaranteed that no visa will be granted.

Disclamer: this is my opinion only.

I am well aware of that and I think my sister-in-law's visa will be granted given her daughters are not applied. however that is least of our worries at the moment because she has a strong standing.

3 minutes ago, EmilyW said:

Also, your brother's polygamy excludes him from immigrating to Canada.  False birth certificates are the least of his problems.

Just to correct you: he is not my brother or any way related to me so please don't call that man anything to me.

secondly in pakistan polygamy is allowed and I believe he has already been granted visa to canada with his other wife based on business so they are in fact migrating. Even if he gets arrested not my problem since I want him arrested and so does my in laws. But I believe he lied on his marital status to canada and plus he is not taking my sister-in-law.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 minutes ago, rooji said:

I am well aware of that and I think my sister-in-law's visa will be granted given her daughters are not applied. however that is least of our worries at the moment because she has a strong standing.

Strong standing?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I can’t even follow what is going on.  

Sounds like immigration fraud / material misrepresentation to me.  Thus …

Until the birth certificates are corrected my advice for all concerned parties is to stay away from the situation or  be prepared to be arrested and convicted for felony perjury. 

Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.  

Unfortunately Pakistan is one of those countries where making false documentation is easy. The guy put down his other wife's name as the birth mother when the daughter was born and since then in the Pakistan official NADRA system my sister-in-law is not the mother. My mother-in-law wants to correct that and can correct it with DNA testing however the manipulative father will not allow it and have high ranks members in the government who can seriously cause trouble for my sister-in-law who has been a victim of domestic abuse for 15 plus years. anyways that is a different story but I wanted to point out that how officially by the national system of pakistan my sister-in-law is not the mother. I just need to know that should we even attempt to try to apply for the daughter or just keep it to my sister-in-law only?

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Strong standing?

She is financially capable to support herself and is going to return to pakistan. she has strong ties since she is married and will be returning home.

10 minutes ago, Boiler said:

It seems the plan is to lie on the DS160 which is is a clear case of perjury and will result in a life time ban and more importantly a breach of the VJ ToS.

Sort out the paperwork first and then apply.

That is where you are wrong. The plan was to apply for my sister-in-law alone and that is what we did. she didn't mention anyone traveling with her because she was going to travel alone. Since she is financially dependent on her husband, he has demanded that we apply for the daughter too and i know that officially we can't do that since officially she is not related to us however unofficially she is the biological daughter of my sister-in-law. We were never intending to apply for the daughter and the father stated he will give permission for her to travel with the sister-in-law officially however since the Ds-160 asks if daughter knows anyone in us and who she will be traveling with, we can't put down our names or my sister-in-law's name in that order because officially she is not related to us. I don't know if that makes sense. So all I am asking is what should we do, how do we tackle this because even if we put down our names, it will be pulled up in the system when my sister-in-law goes for her interview. It is really confusing. the father is not willing to make payment unless we apply for the daughter...that is where we are stuck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 minute ago, rooji said:

That is where you are wrong. The plan was to apply for my sister-in-law alone and that is what we did. she didn't mention anyone traveling with her because she was going to travel alone. Since she is financially dependent on her husband, he has demanded that we apply for the daughter too and i know that officially we can't do that since officially she is not related to us however unofficially she is the biological daughter of my sister-in-law. We were never intending to apply for the daughter and the father stated he will give permission for her to travel with the sister-in-law officially however since the Ds-160 asks if daughter knows anyone in us and who she will be traveling with, we can't put down our names or my sister-in-law's name in that order because officially she is not related to us. I don't know if that makes sense. So all I am asking is what should we do, how do we tackle this because even if we put down our names, it will be pulled up in the system when my sister-in-law goes for her interview. It is really confusing. the father is not willing to make payment unless we apply for the daughter...that is where we are stuck.

This is a Tourist Visa situation, you are not applying for anybody.

An adult applies for themselves, a minor is applied for by their Parents.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

2 minutes ago, rooji said:

Ds-160 asks if daughter knows anyone in us and who she will be traveling with, we can't put down our names or my sister-in-law's name in that order because officially she is not related to us. I don't know if that makes sense.

It doesn't. You either know or do not know the person, whether you are officially or unofficially related.

You need to be truthful, otherwise it's fraud.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.