Chad9797

Police Clearance from Indonesia

11 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, Chad9797 said:

Can anyone advise me how to apply for a police clearance document from Indonesia?

Thank you

The best way to do it in indonesia is just by go to the local police station. But if u can’t do that, try this https://www.pnbimmigrationlawfirm.com/services/police-clearance-certificate-skck-indonesia/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Misscloud said:

The best way to do it in indonesia is just by go to the local police station. But if u can’t do that, try this https://www.pnbimmigrationlawfirm.com/services/police-clearance-certificate-skck-indonesia/

Ok great. Thank you for the information.. she is in the Philippines now.. she worked there in 2015.. it will not be possible to go there.. 

I really appreciate your help with the link. 

have a great day!!

11 minutes ago, Chad9797 said:

Ok great. Thank you for the information.. she is in the Philippines now.. she worked there in 2015.. it will not be possible to go there.. 

I really appreciate your help with the link. 

have a great day!!

You may want to check with the Indonesia Embassy in Manila.  They may be able to get the police certificate from there.  Quite a few, but not all, countries will do this.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Timeline
1 hour ago, flicks1998 said:

You may want to check with the Indonesia Embassy in Manila.  They may be able to get the police certificate from there.  Quite a few, but not all, countries will do this.

Ok. Thank you.. I will check into that also. I appreciate the advice

The State Department has an interesting take on Indonesian Police Certificates on their reciprocity page

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Indonesia.html

Police Records
Unavailable for applicants inside and outside Indonesia. Indonesian police certificates require initial processing at a local or village level, which is nonstandard in nature, can be subject to capricious decisions by officials and may require nonofficial payments to proceed further."

I have no idea how that works in practice though.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, top_secret said:

The State Department has an interesting take on Indonesian Police Certificates on their reciprocity page

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Indonesia.html

I have no idea how that works in practice though.

Thanks for the heads up on this.. I will start investigating this

On 8/9/2022 at 8:18 PM, Chad9797 said:

Can anyone advise me how to apply for a police clearance document from Indonesia?

If the visa applicant was ever convicted of a crime during her stay in Indonesia, then she will need court/criminal records from Indonesia.  If she was never convicted, no need for Indonesian police certificate.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Chancy said:

If the visa applicant was ever convicted of a crime during her stay in Indonesia, then she will need court/criminal records from Indonesia.  If she was never convicted, no need for Indonesian police certificate.

ok, Thats great.. Thank you for the info.. 

Do you think I should contact the Embassy in Manila to verify that or do you think I should email the NVC? I would like to have a email from them to bring to the interview just in case.

Have a great day !!

Just now, Chad9797 said:

Do you think I should contact the Embassy in Manila to verify that or do you think I should email the NVC? I would like to have a email from them to bring to the interview just in case.

The consulate staff will be familiar with the information on their own website.  But if it will give the visa applicant some peace of mind, print and bring the relevant page from the DOS Reciprocity site linked above.

Your VJ profile says K1.  Other than assigning a case number and holding the case files, NVC will have no involvement with your K1 case.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 8/11/2022 at 2:08 PM, Chancy said:

The consulate staff will be familiar with the information on their own website.  But if it will give the visa applicant some peace of mind, print and bring the relevant page from the DOS Reciprocity site linked above.

Your VJ profile says K1.  Other than assigning a case number and holding the case files, NVC will have no involvement with your K1 case.

I wrote to them today.. I will take this response from them with us to the interview. Thanks again for helping us with this information

We are writing in response to your August 23, 2022, inquiry to the Immigrant Visa Unit concerning the fiancée (K-1) nonimmigrant visa case 

Please be advised that fiance(e) (K-1) nonimmigrant visa applicants are required to present a police certificate from any country in which they resided for at least one (1) year from the time they turn 16 years old.  There is no waiver for this requirement.  However, please note that applicants need not submit a police clearance from Indonesia since police clearances are unavailable for people who no longer reside there.

The consular officer will determine if additional documentation is required during the visa interview. 

We hope this information is helpful.    

Sincerely,

CONSULAR COMMUNICATIONS GROUP
Consular Section | U.S. Embassy in the Philippines
/rsn

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.