8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Hi,

I am a green card holder. I am filing I-130 for my kids. They are currently in Hong Kong.

In USCIS.gov, it asked me to provided census records and even DNA test result.

Are these necessary? Can I skip these?

I can provide a legit birth certificate and marriage certificate issued by Hong Kong government.

Edited by fkie4

Timeline

No. I am filing a new petition I130 recently It is a new petition.

I got my green card in 1993. I have been working and I own a house in California.

My question is, do I need to  provided census records and even DNA test result?

I DO have a legit birth certificate and marriage certificate issued by Hong Kong government.

If the long-form birth certificate was issued more than a year after birth, they usually ask for more evidence of the parent-child relationship. It’s not clear to me if you are referencing some kind of general suggestion or if your case has a specific RFE for this evidence? If the latter, yes you need to provide it.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

My kids are 6 and 9 years old. They got the birth certificate sone after they were born. So we have the birth certificates for several years

I just moved to my new house for over a year. Census data is collected every 10 years. and I have never received any census forms in mail. so I have no census record.

for DNA test results. USCIS said:

If other forms of evidence have proven inconclusive, the petitioner may submit on a voluntary basis other evidence of a birth parent and birth child relationship to include deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) testing. DNA test results will only be accepted by USCIS from parentage-testing laboratories accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB). A list of laboratories can be viewed at www.aabb.org/sa/facilities/Pages/RTestAccrFac.aspx.

so it sounds like my kid's birth certificate is good enough...

So do you think i can skip the census record and DNA test?

13 minutes ago, fkie4 said:

My kids are 6 and 9 years old. They got the birth certificate sone after they were born. So we have the birth certificates for several years

I just moved to my new house for over a year. Census data is collected every 10 years. and I have never received any census forms in mail. so I have no census record.

for DNA test results. USCIS said:

If other forms of evidence have proven inconclusive, the petitioner may submit on a voluntary basis other evidence of a birth parent and birth child relationship to include deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) testing. DNA test results will only be accepted by USCIS from parentage-testing laboratories accredited by the American Association of Blood Banks (AABB). A list of laboratories can be viewed at www.aabb.org/sa/facilities/Pages/RTestAccrFac.aspx.

so it sounds like my kid's birth certificate is good enough...

So do you think i can skip the census record and DNA test?

If it’s a full birth certificate (both parents names and birth dates etc) issued less than a year after birth it should be fine. 
I wouldn’t send any extra evidence unless they ask for it. But it’s still not clear to me where you are getting this from, if it’s a specific request to you or not. Can you answer that?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, fkie4 said:

No. I am filing a new petition I130 recently It is a new petition.

I got my green card in 1993. I have been working and I own a house in California.

My question is, do I need to  provided census records and even DNA test re

I DO have a legit birth certificate and marriage certificate issued by Hong Kong government.

you came and received green card in 1993 and returned to Hong Kong to birth 2 children 

Is the father a USC?   

CO may ask for DNA / its up to the interviewer

Timeline

I am the father. I am not a USC yet. I am just holding green card.

Also, after I submit I130 online and pay the fee. Can i add more evidence later? 

Let's say I submit form now, and then i do a DNA test later. can i add the test result to my current petition?

Edited by fkie4

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.