josep1310

I may face serious problems in my interview so please help. Feeling hopeless. Divorce case

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Unfortunately I don’t share the same sentiment as those saying just tell the truth you will be fine. USCIS typically have tunnel vision or confirmation bias, once they suspect you and tag you with fraud, they seem to go on a purely confirmation mission of their previous conclusion and it becomes almost impossible to convince them otherwise until it gets to court.They’re not known for being open minded or taking a fresh unbiased look at the facts.

I wish you the best. 

Edited by African Zealot

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No one can predict what will happen at the interview, but you are a legal permanent resident until/unless an immigration judge says otherwise. Even if the worst happens and you were ordered to appear before a judge, I personally do not think a judge would revoke your status and order removal based on what you have shared here. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Moved to Effects of Major Changes on Immigration, from ROC - as similar threads are discussed here.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

50 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

No one can predict what will happen at the interview, but you are a legal permanent resident until/unless an immigration judge says otherwise. Even if the worst happens and you were ordered to appear before a judge, I personally do not think a judge would revoke your status and order removal based on what you have shared here. 

thank you for reply

55 minutes ago, African Zealot said:

Unfortunately I don’t share the same sentiment as those saying just tell the truth you will be fine. USCIS typically have tunnel vision or confirmation bias, once they suspect you and tag you with fraud, they seem to go on a purely confirmation mission of their previous conclusion and it becomes almost impossible to convince them otherwise until it gets to court.They’re not known for being open minded or taking a fresh unbiased look at the facts.

I wish you the best. 

thank you for reply but what do you suggest i should do? i don't want to lie when i shouldn't because everything i say is true and i didn't do anything wrong. 

what is your recommendation? what would you do if you were me at this point?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
16 minutes ago, josep1310 said:

thank you for reply

thank you for reply but what do you suggest i should do? i don't want to lie when i shouldn't because everything i say is true and i didn't do anything wrong. 

Have you checked Jim Hacking's channel yet?

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
27 minutes ago, josep1310 said:

thank you for reply

Nobody is suggesting you lie. Definitely do not lie. At this point all you can do is assemble strong proof of a bonafide marriage and proof they sent the interview notice to the wrong address.

If you can get a sworn affidavit from your in laws etc confirming that they knew the relationship to be bonafide it would help. Also if your ex can prepare one withdrawing his claim of marriage fraud. They normally don’t give much weight to a retraction however it can’t hurt.You don’t need a lawyer to do the things suggested.

However what I just wanted you to know is you should not be surprised to be put into removal proceedings. Sometimes it’s even “better” to go before an immigration judge because they tend to evaluate evidence fresh without bias. Being put in removal proceedings is not the end of the world.

Edited by African Zealot

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, josep1310 said:

i don't want to lie when i shouldn't because everything i say is true and i didn't do anything wrong. 

I don't think he is suggesting you lie. What he is saying is just telling the truth might not be enough. You have to gather other evidence to prove that this was not fraud.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

23 minutes ago, Family said:

If you have the extensive evidence of bonafides you are on solid ground and the only “ serious problem “ is to switch your own mindset from FEAR to BRING IT ON…these are internal thoughts/emotions that affect your behavior and body language. 

Your case MUST be decided on the evidence YOU submitted that marriage was real , clearly you met your burden . 
USCIS can only delay if they still want to follow up on exes allegations of fraud..but since he recanted , I doubt they will continue down that path..especially as they too have a burden to prove it. 

BUT most important is to understand that NOTHING SERIOUS/ BAD ( like arrest or detention or even NTA ) will happen at this interview. Just questions about your marriage, divorce, addresses and questions to pursue anything ex alleged.

If you feel any question is a “ trick question “, then slow down, process what they are asking , ask for clarification and if you are still uncertain what they are asking, say so. There’s nothing they can trip you up with regarding your marriage/timeline/ divorce, thus previous filing / addresses. 

Trick questions on alleged fraud will clearly stand out so don’t be shy to ask to see the “ disgruntled ex letter “ ..

You don’t need to call your former husband a JERK ( during interview) but you should refer to him as “ disgruntled ex” a couple of times. 

You missed the G-56 call in interview due to USCIS mailing address letter , so no need to worry..

You did a fantastic job with filing divorce/ and refilling w waiver, are an excellent writer so even if you get I-72 /RFE you WILL prevail. 

Your comment made me cry. I just want this to be over and i have nothing to hide but unfortunately everything i said happened during the interview and i got denials and now I will have to be questioned.

Yes i will go to interview with all the proof i have and i can explain.

I will work on changing my mindset. It was just scaring to hear what others say about how USCIS becomes evil. I was afraid if USCIS will only listen to my ex husband be blind and deaf to me.

also i was afraid of "form g-56" which people said "ice will be waiting for you"

1 hour ago, Rocio0010 said:

I don't think he is suggesting you lie. What he is saying is just telling the truth might not be enough. You have to gather other evidence to prove that this was not fraud.

Hi again, Yes I won't lie because I don't need to and it would only be bad for me.

As far as evidence, I really have A LOT of evidence (anything except for child and affidavit letters from friends/family) for entire relationship. Do you think I should gather more? Like just because I don't have letters from friends, will it be a problem? 

1 hour ago, African Zealot said:

Nobody is suggesting you lie. Definitely do not lie. At this point all you can do is assemble strong proof of a bonafide marriage and proof they sent the interview notice to the wrong address.

If you can get a sworn affidavit from your in laws etc confirming that they knew the relationship to be bonafide it would help. Also if your ex can prepare one withdrawing his claim of marriage fraud. They normally don’t give much weight to a retraction however it can’t hurt.You don’t need a lawyer to do the things suggested.

However what I just wanted you to know is you should not be surprised to be put into removal proceedings. Sometimes it’s even “better” to go before an immigration judge because they tend to evaluate evidence fresh without bias. Being put in removal proceedings is not the end of the world.

yes i would never lie because there is no need to. I don't have relationship with my ex and their family anymore and reaching out to me makes me only afraid more. I worry he might try to sabotage again if he knew i'm going to interview. 

Do you mean i can be put in removal proceedings if I get a denial again? or they could do it anytime again? I don't think I'm in removal proceedings, I just check the online portal with my a-number and it says "no case found" and i never received court letter, that is how i assume I'm not in removal proceedings.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Family said:

but since he recanted

I agree a 100% with what you're saying, but just curious, where does OP say that husband recanted? Can't find it! 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, josep1310 said:

Do you mean i can be put in removal proceedings if I get a denial again?

I mean, they could.. I doubt it will happen and even if it does happen, it's up to a judge to decide, who most likely won't proceed with it.

9 minutes ago, josep1310 said:

Like just because I don't have letters from friends, will it be a problem? 

No, but it would help if you could get notarized affidavits from his family

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

4 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

I agree a 100% with what you're saying, but just curious, where does OP say that husband recanted? Can't find it! 

My ex husband reported me and I got denial. 6 months after, when we were getting divorce, he wrote a letter to divorce court that we both loved each other and married each other for love but our relationship didn't go well and we want to be stay friends and single. He even tried to contact me for birthdays etc after divorce. I think this shows how unstable he is.

2 minutes ago, Rocio0010 said:

I mean, they could.. I doubt it will happen and even if it does happen, it's up to a judge to decide, who most likely won't proceed with it.

No, but it would help if you could get notarized affidavits from his family

how can i be sure i'm not in removal proceedings? is this the correct website to check? https://acis.eoir.justice.gov/en/

Timeline
1 minute ago, josep1310 said:

My ex husband reported me and I got denial. 6 months after, when we were getting divorce, he wrote a letter to divorce court that we both loved each other and married each other for love but our relationship didn't go well and we want to be stay friends and single. He even tried to contact me for birthdays etc after divorce. I think this shows how unstable he is.

Ok, so he did report you for fraud, but then he did not withdraw the allegations to USCIS?

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.