Mike20090622

Hopeless for Russian fiancé

24 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
7 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

since u are going over In july ,  why not marry,?

the K1 takes as long as a CR1 spouse visa 

and CR1 is so much better in so many ways

I have been following OP's case; he's quite far along with the K1 process, the only issue now is he's held up by Warsaw's processing for non-residents, which wouldn't resolve itself through CR1 at this point. OP's fiancee also has three (iirc) children who are coming with, making finding an interview harder.

OP: please don't lose hope, you will find an interview slot when you least expect it, I promise. I checked every day for three weeks and found one by chance. I recommend checking either at noon or midnight DC time. I've heard both of these times are when people get lucky finding spots. Your main difficulty is going to be finding an opening where four people have cancelled for the same time. It does happen, though. People often schedule appointments together and cancel at the last minute, when it's clear they can't make it to Warsaw.

Get everything possible done in the meantime and be prepared to get to Poland and the drop of the hat. If you can schedule an interview, any interview, now, you are free to reschedule it and at least you have some date to go off of. This process is challenging for a Russian but you're more on top of things than most solely by being on VJ. I met a Russian filer outside the embassy who had been waiting since January 2020. What's the status of the Schengen?

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

I have been following OP's case; he's quite far along with the K1 process, the only issue now is he's held up by Warsaw's processing for non-residents, which wouldn't resolve itself through CR1 at this point. OP's fiancee also has three (iirc) children who are coming with, making finding an interview harder.

OP: please don't lose hope, you will find an interview slot when you least expect it, I promise. I checked every day for three weeks and found one by chance. I recommend checking either at noon or midnight DC time. I've heard both of these times are when people get lucky finding spots. Your main difficulty is going to be finding an opening where four people have cancelled for the same time. It does happen, though. People often schedule appointments together and cancel at the last minute, when it's clear they can't make it to Warsaw.

Get everything possible done in the meantime and be prepared to get to Poland and the drop of the hat. If you can schedule an interview, any interview, now, you are free to reschedule it and at least you have some date to go off of. This process is challenging for a Russian but you're more on top of things than most solely by being on VJ. I met a Russian filer outside the embassy who had been waiting since January 2020. What's the status of the Schengen?

I got am email from NVC saying I can inquire Warsaw email 6 weeks after my case was ready and it was due on June 26 and also I should not schedule an appointment until I got instructions from Warsaw embassy, I emailed Warsaw embassy and no response, I called Warsaw embassy and they said NVC should send me the instructions, what can I do, I really want to sue department of state to make clear who should send me the instructions, it’s very frustrating 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
17 hours ago, slavaskii said:

More expensive than AOS for 4 people ?

Timeline
17 hours ago, slavaskii said:

I don’t think they can get a regular Schengen visa at this time, also for a party of 3, you need get 3 interviews spots? That doesn’t make sense I think, also kids under 12 no need goto interviews on site I think 

12 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

I don’t think they can get a regular Schengen visa at this time, also for a party of 3, you need get 3 interviews spots? That doesn’t make sense I think, also kids under 12 no need goto interviews on site I think 

The whole Schengen Visa is flawed.  Right now they don't want to give them to Russian even thou some country's say they are. Let alone making it difficult to apply based location. You passport says Russia but you live in the US no mater where you go they tell you should apply in the other country. Children not living with the parent they are traveling with but yet the parent has to be there for the interview. 

The other issues is trimming on getting a interview. When we asked about applying they said we should apply 1 month out. Go to apply 1 month out appointments booked for 2 months out. Most of the countries say its because of increased travel and telling people to go Italy or France first and apply there to get where they want to be. 

Then I read Turks are getting screwed on Schengen visas but Norway now getting to Turkey without. Basically Norway can enter Turkey without visa cause Turkey does not have enough cips to make them so they just waived it. Norway on the other hand did not make it any easier for Turks to get there. They already have some extreme requirement for applying.

13 hours ago, Mike20090622 said:

Since you don't have a date yet it make it hard to figurer out when to apply for a Schengen visa. If you are looking to transfer it may just have to be like my stepsons case. Apply for a Schengen Visa knowing it will be refused. The purpose of this is to show that you are not going to be able to get one. Then you just have to keep bugging a embassy multiple times a days. Don't know how well it will work if you don't even have a interview date yet. Seeing a physiotherapist and getting a medical evaluation as well. 

We hade to pull out all the stop just to get it moved even tough we kept telling them that we are not going to be able to make the interview or any interview in a Schengen country. 

You could try Czech Republic a month ago they said they would take our transfer and we gave them very little information. The only problem is Schengen Visa so we did not even bother with it.

Timeline
2 hours ago, marpolsdofer said:

Since you don't have a date yet it make it hard to figurer out when to apply for a Schengen visa. If you are looking to transfer it may just have to be like my stepsons case. Apply for a Schengen Visa knowing it will be refused. The purpose of this is to show that you are not going to be able to get one. Then you just have to keep bugging a embassy multiple times a days. Don't know how well it will work if you don't even have a interview date yet. Seeing a physiotherapist and getting a medical evaluation as well. 

We hade to pull out all the stop just to get it moved even tough we kept telling them that we are not going to be able to make the interview or any interview in a Schengen country. 

You could try Czech Republic a month ago they said they would take our transfer and we gave them very little information. The only problem is Schengen Visa so we did not even bother with it.

Then department of state should give Russia fiancée a way out, relocating the interviews to another country which Russian can visit without a visa 

Timeline

I'm in the same boat in this ridiculously horrible process. 

We relocated to Mexico for the past 1.5 years while we wait.  It was my impression that Mexico was welcoming Russians and eased immigration.  Haven't heard that this has changed? There are Russian communities in Playa Del Carmen, Queretaro and Mexico City, maybe more.  We also obtained Mexican residency and are hopeful that she can go to Mexico City for the interview.

That said, I notice that no K1 NOA2s have been reported since April.  I have to wonder if there is some sort of hold on Russian fiancee visas.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Irina and Chris said:

That said, I notice that no K1 NOA2s have been reported since April.  I have to wonder if there is some sort of hold on Russian fiancee visas.  

It could be that, but I doubt it. I don't think the USCIS would be allowed to discriminate on the basis on nationality, regardless of the home country politics. I would think, that more likely, is that people have stopped updating as much, or are trying to figure out other options. 

The same happened for IR-1 visas, for a long time over COVID plus the US embassy closure, there was not much reported progress as many people decided to seek alternative options (based on my own anecdotal research by messaging various members who hadn't updated their timelines last year between July-Oct...)

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Simplytex said:

It could be that, but I doubt it. I don't think the USCIS would be allowed to discriminate on the basis on nationality, regardless of the home country politics. I would think, that more likely, is that people have stopped updating as much, or are trying to figure out other options. 

The same happened for IR-1 visas, for a long time over COVID plus the US embassy closure, there was not much reported progress as many people decided to seek alternative options (based on my own anecdotal research by messaging various members who hadn't updated their timelines last year between July-Oct...)

I bought the flights tickets to Moscow and then got an email saying my flights are canceled by the airlines and no refund maybe.  Before I buy the tickets, we plan to meet in Mexico but Russian are blocked for E visa and now it’s open but my fiancé mom is sick in hospital and she can’t live in Mexico for long, tickets for her and her daughter is 8500$ this year and last year it’s just 2500$ the same summer time, it’s not worth it for a short meeting in mexico and they need travel 30-45 hours. I got depression when I knew they can’t come in summer, today they am more depressed knowing the canceled flights and they said all flights depart from Moscow are fully booked and they can’t do anything, yesterday I also got an email from Warsaw embassy saying they are in administrative process of our case and my fiancé will get everything by email for instructions and forms and it doesn’t tell me a timeline, they said our case is in the middle. Very frustrating 

Timeline

Look into tickets with Emerates.  They have rt $2300 moscow to Mexico City.

Turkish airlines has gone crazy with their pricing.  However it may be possible to get a much better price booking seperately Moscow to Istanbul on aeroflot or another, then to Mexico City on Turkish.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Irina and Chris said:

Look into tickets with Emerates.  They have rt $2300 moscow to Mexico City.

Turkish airlines has gone crazy with their pricing.  However it may be possible to get a much better price booking seperately Moscow to Istanbul on aeroflot or another, then to Mexico City on Turkish.

Bought their flights to Moscow and got canceled and all following flights are full 

Timeline
35 minutes ago, Mike20090622 said:

Bought their flights to Moscow and got canceled and all following flights are full 

That sucks.  My fiance's tickets from Mexico City on Turkish Airlines were listed cancelled but we checked and only her flight Istanbul to Sochi was gone.  They changed her to an Istanbul to Moscow flight.

Will Emirates cancel without refunding?  

Regardless, I am currently experiencing the same hopelessness and depression.  So saddening to distill down to long chats and video calls.  Feels like life is on pause.  We aren't even to NOA2.  Filed in September '21 and so far nothing at all.  Likely another 6+ months just to move another step forward.  BTW, It was nice living together in Mexico, but no work or income sucked.  She had to go back for her son who's dad tragically died.  We both want to go back there, hopefully in September.  Hope you get some news.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.