Susana Distor

Apply US tourist visa with NO strong ties

33 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

I’d like the poster to give the facts of the case because it was strangely worded - and seeing as a transit visa is decided on the pretty much the same basis as a B (because the US doesn’t have sterile transit areas) having a transit visa would still have been something. But there would have had to be something off to be denied transit with a visa. (I can’t imagine an airline boarding then without a visa either but that could have been an oversight.)

Unfortunately, I don't know the details of it, as it was something mentioned in passing a few years ago. I believe her parents were denied at the airport in the Philippines - but I honestly couldn't guarantee it wasn't at LAX. I heard the story from her husband, but his main focus in telling the story was that he was desperately scrambling to try to find an alternate route/flights for her parents in the limited time he had before he (and his wife) were due to fly. Also, I've slept many times since then 😆.

Regardless, the point I was making was that they weren't granted tourist visas. It definitely happens.

Edited by Zoeeeeeee

8 minutes ago, Zoeeeeeee said:

Unfortunately, I don't know the details of it, as it was something mentioned in passing a few years ago. I believe her parents were denied at the airport in the Philippines - but I honestly couldn't guarantee it wasn't at LAX. I heard the story from her husband, but his main focus in telling the story was that he was desperately scrambling to try to find an alternate route/flights for her parents in the limited time he had before he (and his wife) were due to fly. Also, I've slept many times since then 😆.

Regardless, the point I was making was that they weren't granted tourist visas. It definitely happens.

So from what you posted here - if they got denied boarding in PH - it actually sounds like they thought they could transit the US without a visa, and they got (correctly) denied boarding because of that. If they had had a visa there would have been no reason for the airline to refuse to board them. This is not the same as being denied entry by CBP. 

And yes totally re the visas - we see plenty stories here of parents denied tourist visas. Of course, part of the reason - probably a very big part for certain countries - is because so many parents who get them do use them to jump the queue and adjust once they’re here. 

• 2 months later...

Hi

I am agree and read the comments you shared a lots of information. I am happy from heart my friends .😍

I am share this with my friend also  https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/785122-apply-us-tourist-visa-with-no-strong-ties/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-10690403.

Thanks to all my friends 

Edited by ArnieNaeeni

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.