Jaccerz

SSN for EAD during filling

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Just wondering, the SSN card i received with my EAD while awaiting for my 485 to be approved states that it is for work purposes only. As my 485 is approved, does this mean a NEW SSN will be sent out? Or is that my SSN now until life and a new card will come with my GC?

(Not sure if asking in the correct area) The guy who did our interview could not answer the question, so im wondering if someone else in this situation could explain how it all works from this point onwards

*** Moved from AOS from K1 Visas forum to SSN sub-forum ***

15 hours ago, Jaccerz said:

is that my SSN now until life and a new card will come with my GC?

Although not required, I recommend you apply for a replacement card without the DHS annotation after you get your GC.  Your SSN will be the same, but having an unrestricted card will help you avoid being questioned about your immigration status on the rare occasions you may need to present your SSN card.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

I applied for a GC and +2 weeks ago my EAD arrived but I don't have my SSN yet. In my form I ask for SSN, I called the local office and they told me that they don't have register of a SSN in my name so I made an appointment to make a card because I have a job waiting for me to give them my SSN. Do you think making a SSN card in the office can cause a problem? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.