30 posts in this topic

Is anyone else (I am sure there is, just feels lonely) been waiting 2 years for the I 751?  Our filing was May 26, 2020, Biometrics completed on December 11, 2020 then nothing but crickets for the last 17 months.

Really caused an issue when we tried to buy a new home and the underwriter has basically accused us of lying since she "got her I 751 in 3 months...."

Just looking for someone to tell us they are still out there hanging in limbo too.

Just now, mushroomspore said:

Just curious, why did the I-751 come up with during the home purchase? I hope you showed current processing times for I-751 on USCIS' website to that underwriter. Super rude of her to say that and literally everything changed with Covid. It doesn't take much brain power to know that.

Other question - have you filed N-400? A lot of times, both I-751 and N-400 will be adjudicated together if I-751 is still pending.

Yea, I needed some time to cool down before I replied to her.  We have not filed the N-400 because everything seemed so screwed up when we tried to do the I-90 to change my wife's name at the same time - she waited to change her name until after arriving here (not k-1) due to time constraints on travel papers at the time.  

It came up during home purchase as she is part of the application for the loan and at this point her green card is 21 months expired - apparently the extension letter wasn't enough proof that it is processing.

Yes we supplied print screens of processing times, case histories, case documents and the status of the 2 cases.

The attitude just started us questioning if something was actually wrong - having gotten to this point we should be used to the wait but that statement brought back all the old impatience from the CR-1 days!

19 minutes ago, Shane & Len said:

Yea, I needed some time to cool down before I replied to her.  We have not filed the N-400 because everything seemed so screwed up when we tried to do the I-90 to change my wife's name at the same time - she waited to change her name until after arriving here (not k-1) due to time constraints on travel papers at the time.  

It came up during home purchase as she is part of the application for the loan and at this point her green card is 21 months expired - apparently the extension letter wasn't enough proof that it is processing.

Yes we supplied print screens of processing times, case histories, case documents and the status of the 2 cases.

The attitude just started us questioning if something was actually wrong - having gotten to this point we should be used to the wait but that statement brought back all the old impatience from the CR-1 days!

Ah copy that. I'm so angry for you that the underwriter was so rude like that! The extension letters are now plainly extend the GC's for 24 months now.

Hmm, so what happened with the I-90 and trying to change her name? At the N-400 interview, you can request a name change if that's your concern. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
50 minutes ago, Shane & Len said:

Is anyone else (I am sure there is, just feels lonely) been waiting 2 years for the I 751?  Our filing was May 26, 2020, Biometrics completed on December 11, 2020 then nothing but crickets for the last 17 months.

Really caused an issue when we tried to buy a new home and the underwriter has basically accused us of lying since she "got her I 751 in 3 months...."

Just looking for someone to tell us they are still out there hanging in limbo too.

Filed in March 2019.....still waiting for an interview.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, mushroomspore said:

Omg I was gonna tag you cause I know you guys have been waiting so long. ☹

It hasn't been a big issue for us......My wife will probably file her N-400 after we get her Medicare started in a month or so....

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My I-751 took almost exactly 2 years to be approved.

Timeline:

Spoiler

AOS Journey:

Spoiler

08/19/2016 - day 0 - I-485, I-130, I-765 sent to USCIS office in Chicago (PD: 08/23/2016)

08/31/2016 - day 9 - electronic NOAs received via text and email, check is cashed.

09/08/2016 - day 17 - biometrics appointment notice received in the mail (appointment date 09/19/2016).

09/13/2016 - day 22 - early biometrics walk in.

10/28/2016 - day 67 - EAD status changed to "New Card Is Being Produced".

11/16/2016 - day 87 - EAD card received in mail.

06/27/2017 - day 309 - contacted the congressman office.

07/28/2017 - day 340 - finally received an interview appointment in mail (online status has not changed).

08/31/2017 - day 374 - Interview; I-485 status changed to 'New Card Is Being Produced'

09/08/2017 - day 382 - greencard received in mail

I-751 & N400 Journey:

Spoiler

06/20/2019 - day 1036 - ROC packet mailed (PD: 06/21/2019)

06/29/2019 - day 1045 - NOA/Extension letter received in the mail (new GC expiration date is 2/28/2021)

01/17/2020 - day 1256 - biometrics appointment

06/03/2020 - day 1382 - N400 filed online (PD: 06/04/2020)

02/01/2021 - day 1626 - Biometric Reuse notice uploaded to my online account

02/08/2021 - day 1634 - Interview Appointment notice uploaded to my online account

03/16/2021 - day 1670 - N400 Interview - passed; due to I-751 stuck in another office 'No decision can be made at this time'

06/01/2021 - day 1747 - with help of Sen. Sanders' office, I-751 file finally forwarded to St. Albans field office

06/28/2021 - day 1774 - I-751 status changed to 'New Card is Being Produced'; N400 status changed to 'Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled'

08/19/2021 - day 1826 (exactly 5 years since day 0) - Oath Ceremony (notice received on 7/19/21)

1 hour ago, Shane & Len said:

So sorry this happened to you. Happened to me as well, we applied for land loan, went through entire process with the bank aware of the expired GC but at the very end the underwriter said he was unfamiliar with the 24mnth extension letter therefore it was not enough proof. 😤

Apply for N400 if you can. Good luck 

1 hour ago, mushroomspore said:

Ah copy that. I'm so angry for you that the underwriter was so rude like that! The extension letters are now plainly extend the GC's for 24 months now.

Hmm, so what happened with the I-90 and trying to change her name? At the N-400 interview, you can request a name change if that's your concern. 

The I 90 will be a year old in a week - they made us come back a 2nd time in 6 months and do biometrics all over again - then sent a letter 6 months after that stating that it wasn't necessary because they were already on file.... LOL.

So basically it is in the same limbo land that the I 751 is in.

We will find alternatives and keep moving forward until the paperwork makes its rounds.  Thanks for all the advice and support!

Timeline
10 hours ago, Vegas i-751 said:

I’d sue. That’s ridiculous that length of time jeez!! I was June 2021 Cali filer and my 10 year came back in 9.5 months although K1 interview mandated per prior admin. 

I think the money can be better spent by filing her N-400 in a few months.  She qualifies under the 5 year rule now.  The wait hasn't been a big issue for us.  She has obtained one ADIT stamp to travel last year.......

I'm so sorry that underwriter was such a piece of work to you.  Grr!  I would absolutely raise a stink over that with their supervisor (higher if necessary).  It is absolutely unacceptable.  To be shocked about the processing times - fair.  To insinuate that you're lying?  Not acceptable.  AT. ALL.  

Spoiler

Petitioner: USC | Applicant: B2 | (c)9 AOS (Marriage)

07/31/18: Filed I-130, I-130A

08/01/18: Delivered Potomac Processing Center

08/07/18: Text/Mail Notifications (for I-130)

08/14/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-130)

08/24/18: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-864

08/27/18: Delivered

08/31/18: Filed

09/04/18: Text Notifications (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/06/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/14/18: Biometrics letter rec'd

09/26/18: Biometrics appt completed

10/02/18: Ready for interview to be scheduled.

12/18/18: Form I-130 APPROVED!

01/27/19: EAD Approved and card being printed!

02/02/19: Combo card and SSN card arrived!

03/08/19: Text and online notification that interview has been scheduled.

04/16/19: Interview.  AOS approval text rec'd.  Card in production!

04/24/19: GC in hand! 

Removal of Conditions

Here we go!

02/10/21: I-751 package sent

02/12/21: Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/22/21: Money order cashed

03/24/21: Text notification rec'd

03/25/21: NOA rec'd

04/30/21: Case updated: Fingerprints taken

06/27/22: Approved!  Card being produced!

07/05/22: 10-year GC in hand!

4vrsm5.pngN3Zem6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.