bavana Havana

Expérience with marriage an American woman visa cr1

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

What made me write my story here.  It may help some people to get an idea of the decision to marry an American woman.  I say that all people are like this.  But I am one of the people who are really hurt and wronged.  I met my ex-wife in 2016 after a four-year relationship, and she came here three times..but this is a marriage.  And this experience was one of the worst experiences that I have had in my entire life and so far I still did not accept it and I am still angry.  I'm a good guy and I always have been.  So but the woman I thought was the love of my life wasn't.  She was mean and didn't treat me well.  I mean, this woman changed, she did not preach to the woman she married.  Very selfish.  And you don't appreciate my circumstances and always.  Watching problems.  All this came after I went to the consulate in Casablanca, and my interview was like everyone who received bad treatment and an interview that had a lot of questions.  There is a difference that you go to the embassy and see insults in front of you. Be employees.  Their questions are disrespectful, as if I was accused of a crime.  All this experience made me angry and I'm the only one hurt by this marriage.  Nice to me that I was patient for a long time until my family suffered with me.  When I go to the consulate.  I do not find the respect I was waiting for.  It is true that all are doing their job, but I do not understand why they should insult people.  Only for Visa.  I don't really understand.  I lost money and time for them and for many years they told me that my visa was rejected, how is this, but I decided to move forward because I had no choice.  I hope God will give me justice in heaven someday.  what i got.  betrayal.  From the woman who met her.  abandoned me.  I disrespect my family.  My consulate was insulted by staff and method.  Their question is disgusting.  Wasting time and effort for nothing.  All applicants must do a medical examination for $200.  before an interview.  It doesn't matter if she refuses or not.  Is money falling on us from the sky? This is a consulate that never respects people.  I lost a lot of time in the end, I'm the only one losing here.  Preach all of this.  I must have a divorce.  In a complex court, there is a lot of money and time lost.  Especially if there was no response from my ex-wife, who refused to help in this.  Now I'm still fighting to get fired.  Let's go on with my life there.  And with another kick and I'm Zahdi, who became suffering.  with everything.  I do not agree with this.  And I do not agree with you as an interview.  People should be respected because I am a human being.  That's all, and this is my bad experience with this marriage. Anyone who is about to marry an American woman should think before deciding, good luck to all.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Moved to Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits***

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

you wrote back  in July that she was withdrawing her support so attending an interview was fruitless

and yes,  Casa is very much like this when it comes to interviews 

1st one the Co asked my husband "what does your family think of her?"

i had spent a month with them all and he said , "they love her and smiled "   

CO said "you smile, you lie"

your USC wife will probably send u papers to sign for the divorce

if she does,  make sure you only sign if the lawyer and /or her sends u a copy of the final divorce

she will not make another trip to get the moroccan divorce as she gave up a long time ago

The truth is as follows:

USC and moroccan marry and its a long process for the visa so many give up 

now,  the USC does not want to spend money to fly back for the easy moroccan divorce (and i know this is easy -not hard like the marriage process as i watched it happen many times)

now,  the Moroccan can try to make the divorce but its hard to  find USC and serve the papers (plus the dowry has to be paid if not paid at time of marriage)

many moroccans have tried to get help from US embassy when this happens  and there is nothing the embassy can do

your government is also at a loss to help 

you think the embassy is hard but they have seen it all and still try to protect both the USC and the Moroccan as they have all the facts

i am sure they had info that your USC wife was no longer supporting your visa as u stated in July

i wished u a happy life back then and i do the same now

but find a woman who will be supportive in your religion and make sure she is one your mother approves of -that's a good indicator 

Women know women and see thru the BS

Yes you are right. The one thing i didn't accept from them is that unrespectful things from them.  They should not do that. And also the money and time i loses. For nothing. For then to prepare everything.  It's not fair.  Their conditios sometimes are kit fair for people i hope one day they change it. We not rish we also the same people fighting for their life everyday.  I did medical exam which was very expensive and translation papers all during this journey. For what. For them to unrespect me. I agree they should ask and do their job.  But i don't agree they insoles me and ask by that way. Like am bad person. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 minutes ago, savana said:

Yes you are right. The one thing i didn't accept from them is that unrespectful things from them.  They should not do that. And also the money and time i loses. For nothing. For then to prepare everything.  It's not fair.  Their conditios sometimes are kit fair for people i hope one day they change it. We not rish we also the same people fighting for their life everyday.  I did medical exam which was very expensive and translation papers all during this journey. For what. For them to unrespect me. I agree they should ask and do their job.  But i don't agree they insoles me and ask by that way. Like am bad person. 

i am sure when your wife was notified of the interview date,  she sent a message saying she no longer supported the petition and that she had informed u of her decision

this is why the CO was rude

Co would have seen it as u trying to get to US under false claims (not to unite with your wife)

Basically this is a misprep on your part 

they should treat all with respect but many embassies do not 

i am sure the CO asked u specific questions about your wife and your marriage

u have to say the truth /  there is no pretending all is ok so they approve a visa 

if u are not getting back together with your wife ,  there was no reason to attend the interview for a spouse visa 

and the CO knew the facts and reacted according to the issues surrounding a failed marriage

If an alien is caught using fraud or willful misrepresentation of a material fact to procure an immigration benefit, he or she will be deemed inadmissible to the United States. This ground of inadmissibility is particularly severe because it attaches to an alien for life.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You are the reason for this mess.  Not your ex-American wife.

Maybe she smelled a marriage for a green card and abandoned things.  

Regardless of her reasons, she told you it was over.  You choose to ignore that.  You went ahead with the medical and interview for a spousal visa.  

Don't blame others for your bad choices.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I do not get it

You are getting divorced so why did you have a medical, why did you go for an interview?

What was the point?

According to July posts he listened to other Moroccans who said "attend the interview"

unfortunately that is what most in Morocco do 

they get advice from other Moroccans instead of reading official sites or reading embassy posts 
"I'll ask someone is what i heard all the time in Moroc"

and his friends gave advice to try to help him get a US visa / not understanding what CO's look for in an interview and that even if he had gotten to the US ,  the green card would be sent to his "wife's " address 

he tried to bypass the system and i suspect the CO knew

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I should have looked, seems that all this happened last year, so quite what is the point of a post now.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
15 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

You are the reason for this mess.  Not your ex-American wife.

Maybe she smelled a marriage for a green card and abandoned things.  

Regardless of her reasons, she told you it was over.  You choose to ignore that.  You went ahead with the medical and interview for a spousal visa.  

Don't blame others for your bad choices. 

Sir I don't agree with you you don't know me you don't know the whole story.  I was loyal husband. And even i can't use someone for my beinfit it's not good. You said she smell something about green gard is not true. The problem is not from me okay. You can't judge me you don't know me.  The problem is from her. She promise me she will be good wife for me she will be loyal woman and loves me    i was always respectful with her and her family.  Always when she visit me Mt family treat her good. I don't need a green card America county it's not the one in this world's if i want to move to another country i can with my own. So please before judge me. Think of it.   She cheated on me and always lie   and always unrespectful with me. And Yoh said the problem from me  come on. 

4 hours ago, Cathi said:

Sounds suspicious. Suspicious Leyla GIF by Brat TV

There is nothing like that.  Am telling my story. Us the truth.  Day something nice. Or don't comment 

Timeline
17 hours ago, Boiler said:

I should have looked, seems that all this happened last year, so quite what is the point of a post now.

Why you ask  am free to post it anytime i want.  What is the problem of posting now. If you don't like the post  just leave it. Ignore 

Timeline
2 hours ago, savana said:

Sir I don't agree with you you don't know me you don't know the whole story.  I was loyal husband. And even i can't use someone for my beinfit it's not good. You said she smell something about green gard is not true. The problem is not from me okay. You can't judge me you don't know me.  The problem is from her. She promise me she will be good wife for me she will be loyal woman and loves me    i was always respectful with her and her family.  Always when she visit me Mt family treat her good. I don't need a green card America county it's not the one in this world's if i want to move to another country i can with my own. So please before judge me. Think of it.   She cheated on me and always lie   and always unrespectful with me. And Yoh said the problem from me  come on. 

There is nothing like that.  Am telling my story. Us the truth.  Day something nice. Or don't comment 

You can move to another country on your own.  Great.  Which country?  Which fabulous country will you move to?  

Your ex-wife told you that the relationship was over.  Done.  Fin.  

You were so desperate to get to the US that you ignored the advice on VJ and went ahead with the medical and interview.  Who forced you to do that?  Your ex-wife?  The US Government?  If you're not desperate to go to the US, then why bother going to the visa interview?  What was in the US for you?  A wife?  No.  Nothing.  But you still want to live here.  Don't lie.  You are not a victim.  

No one here feels sorry for you.  Not everyone is stupid.  

And I will comment if I want to.  You can't tell me what to do.  You came on a public forum with your spiel.  Deal with it.

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline
Just now, aaron2020 said:

You can move to another country on your own.  Great.  Which country?

Your ex-wife told you that the relationship was over.  Done.  Fin.  

You were so desperate to get to the US that you ignored the advice on VJ and went ahead with the medical and interview.  Who forced you to do that?  Your ex-wife?  The US Government?  If you're not desperate to go to the US, then why bother going to the visa interview.  What was in the US for you?  A wife?  No.  Nothing.  But you still want to live here.  Don't lie.  You are not a victim.  

Seem like you don't understand this happens after the interview. If this happens before the interview am not stupid why i should go. And she was telling me to go  she want to work out. The relationship what is the problem. Am not  desperate if you like to judge people then do. Your problem not me. Say something nice. Of move on.  And yes  i can move to another country if i want you don't need to know where is not your business. Ok.  Am Human. And a good man i deserve respect from any country  like i respect others  . 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, savana said:

Seem like you don't understand this happens after the interview. If this happens before the interview am not stupid why i should go. And she was telling me to go  she want to work out. The relationship what is the problem. Am not  desperate if you like to judge people then do. Your problem not me. Say something nice. Of move on.  And yes  i can move to another country if i want you don't need to know where is not your business. Ok.  Am Human. And a good man i deserve respect from any country  like i respect others  . 

I don't have a problem.  I am a US citizen.

Your problem not mine.  

Ha. Ha.  You can move to another country.  Right.  Ha. Ha. 

Edited by aaron2020

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.