harden4mvp

Australian police certificate (AFP)

31 posts in this topic

I had a hell of a time with my certificate…

NVC finally accepted it after I wrote “this certificate has been confirmed as the correct reciprocal document as listed on Sydney US Consulate website” in the comments box right next to where I uploaded it.

Not sure if the comment was reason it was accepted or not, but they did is all that matters.. 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

4 hours ago, Duke & Marie said:

I had a hell of a time with my certificate…

NVC finally accepted it after I wrote “this certificate has been confirmed as the correct reciprocal document as listed on Sydney US Consulate website” in the comments box right next to where I uploaded it.

Not sure if the comment was reason it was accepted or not, but they did is all that matters.. 

We just submitted all the civil docs for the first time. I put this in the comments box too, and uploaded an email from AFP saying I have the correct police check, so hopefully there is no RFE at least for the AFP certificate. 🤞

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Chanel H. said:

We just submitted all the civil docs for the first time. I put this in the comments box too, and uploaded an email from AFP saying I have the correct police check, so hopefully there is no RFE at least for the AFP certificate. 🤞

Don’t worry ChanelB you will get your AFP accepted .I am gonna do the same as you did ,after i receive my hard copy ,I am not sure how to upload the email by AFP in Ceac Account ,,how did you upload that ?

Did you screen shoot the email and converted in pdf and upload in Ceac or how did you do that ? 
thanks 

8 minutes ago, Anzuu said:

Don’t worry ChanelB you will get your AFP accepted .I am gonna do the same as you did ,after i receive my hard copy ,I am not sure how to upload the email by AFP in Ceac Account ,,how did you upload that ?

Did you screen shoot the email and converted in pdf and upload in Ceac or how did you do that ? 
thanks 

Save the email as a PDF and then upload to CEAC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Email I received today from Sydney Embassy, I think they are trying to make sure everyone gets the right police certificate. 

Have you applied for the CORRECT Australian Federal Police Certificate?  

Many applicants apply for their Australian Federal Police certificate without following our specific instructions. Get it right the first time and you will avoid delays in processing your application.

It MUST state “Immigration/Citizenship – Australia”

image.thumb.png.9da7f3ee5f06a47202933080e24282f0.png

If your Australian Federal Police Certificate does not state “Immigration/Citizenship – Australia”, please apply for a new Australian Federal Police Certificate, by selecting “33 -Immigration/Citizenship – for Supply to the Department of Home Affairs”.

National Police Checks | Australian Federal Police (afp.gov.au)

image.png.31a4a2dc2a3dcbb08bb05af389e57c52.png

We look forward to processing your application on the day of your scheduled interview.

Regards,  

Visa Services (cc) 

U.S. Consulate General | Sydney, Australia 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, NikNush said:

Email I received today from Sydney Embassy, I think they are trying to make sure everyone gets the right police certificate. 

Have you applied for the CORRECT Australian Federal Police Certificate?  

Many applicants apply for their Australian Federal Police certificate without following our specific instructions. Get it right the first time and you will avoid delays in processing your application.

It MUST state “Immigration/Citizenship – Australia”

image.thumb.png.9da7f3ee5f06a47202933080e24282f0.png

If your Australian Federal Police Certificate does not state “Immigration/Citizenship – Australia”, please apply for a new Australian Federal Police Certificate, by selecting “33 -Immigration/Citizenship – for Supply to the Department of Home Affairs”.

National Police Checks | Australian Federal Police (afp.gov.au)

image.png.31a4a2dc2a3dcbb08bb05af389e57c52.png

We look forward to processing your application on the day of your scheduled interview.

Regards,  

Visa Services (cc) 

U.S. Consulate General | Sydney, Australia 

Hi NikNush ,

thanks so much I exactly have the same certificate like this ,I still got rejected on 21 st September,,saying ‘invalid documents pls submit the acceptable one with the correct issuing authority”as we can see it is issued by current issuing authority i.e Australian Federal police .

,I even got the confirmation from AFP saying I have the correct one ,,

In which email I’d did you send email to USA consulate Sydney ,,cld you pls let me know ,,

I will send email to them as well so that I can attached the replied email by USA consulate to the Ceac along with my police certificate or would you mind forwarding me the email that u got from USA consulate ..

thanks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 9/29/2022 at 4:07 PM, Anzuu said:

Hi NikNush ,

thanks so much I exactly have the same certificate like this ,I still got rejected on 21 st September,,saying ‘invalid documents pls submit the acceptable one with the correct issuing authority”as we can see it is issued by current issuing authority i.e Australian Federal police .

,I even got the confirmation from AFP saying I have the correct one ,,

In which email I’d did you send email to USA consulate Sydney ,,cld you pls let me know ,,

I will send email to them as well so that I can attached the replied email by USA consulate to the Ceac along with my police certificate or would you mind forwarding me the email that u got from USA consulate ..

thanks 

Hi - I just sent it to US Embassy Sydney. Make sure when you get the police certificate you choose code 33 as the reason, not code 35. US embassy Sydney is SydneyIV@state.gov 

All the best - that is really frustrating i hope you are able to show them that it is the right document. 

• 2 months later...

Great advice in this thread.

I've just been told that my police check is incorrect by the NVC. It is the exact same one as has been posted above and was ordered through code 33 so I know it's the right one.

Absolutely no clue how to proceed past this one. I've just resubmitted and noted in the comments that it's the consistent with the reciprocity guidelines for Australia and as advised by the US Sydney Consulate.

Has anyone else had this resolved? Also does anyone know how long it takes to review the resubmitted document?

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@Shades8 We resubmitted the same police check and clearly explained that it was the right document. I also wrote to the congresswoman for the area we are moving to and they helped get in touch with the NVC to clear it up.

They have now accepted the police check and have 'accepted' all other documents but I am still waiting for the documentarily complete email.

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to figure out how to get the Australian police certificate.

Here is our current situation:

1) My spouse (beneficiary) is a Korean national.

2) She studied/lived in Australia for 11 months.

3) We passed the NVC stage because I wrote a letter with a picture of the instructions stating she doesn't need one because she lived in Australia for 11 months.

4) She lived in Australia in 2002

5) She has no close ties to Australia.

6) We are currently residing in South Korea.

I have a couple of questions:

1) How does she get the 100 points of identification when she only has a Korean passport? What other documents can I upload that will be accepted?

2) Do I have to click number "33 - Immigration/citizenship"?

3) I want to get the digital copy, do I get right away?

Thank you.

Timeline
On 7/26/2023 at 6:07 AM, ineedadisplayname said:

Good luck and hope you don't need to travel in the next 3 months or so. Apply for a passport as soon as possible because unfortunately it takes around 3 months with regular processing. Emergency passport is a hit or miss, sometimes there are no appointment event for emergency as far as I read so it's not a 100% that you will get a passport a couple of days before your travel date.

1 minute ago, Dante2019 said:

I'm trying to figure out how to get the Australian police certificate.

Here is our current situation:

1) My spouse (beneficiary) is a Korean national.

2) She studied/lived in Australia for 11 months.

3) We passed the NVC stage because I wrote a letter with a picture of the instructions stating she doesn't need one because she lived in Australia for 11 months.

4) She lived in Australia in 2002

5) She has no close ties to Australia.

6) We are currently residing in South Korea.

I have a couple of questions:

1) How does she get the 100 points of identification when she only has a Korean passport? What other documents can I upload that will be accepted?

2) Do I have to click number "33 - Immigration/citizenship"?

3) I want to get the digital copy, do I get right away?

Thank you.

I applied Australian pC from Nepal in my case for 100points…

I submitted my Nepali passport biography page ,bank statement,Nepali police report and my scanned bank card ,,,

yes u must have to select number “33”

you have to get both digital and hard copy …

at first i submitted only digital one that got rejected ,next time I submitted both hard and digital copy then only nvc accepted ,,, so please submit both hard and digital copy

thanks …

6 minutes ago, Anzuu said:

you have to get both digital and hard copy …

1) Is there a reason why they didn't accept the digital copy?

2) how long did it take to get the digital and hard copy?

3) Is there a difference between the digital and hard copy?

@GusGusGusGusGus Did you submit a digital copy or hard copy?

Thank you.

Edited by Dante2019

Timeline
Just now, Dante2019 said:

1) Is there a reason why they didn't accept the digital copy?

2) how long did it take to get the digital and hard copy?

3) Is there a difference between the digital and hard copy?

Thank you.

I have no idea why nvc don’t accept digital one coz in my case they rejected twice ,,,

digital copy u will get in two working days ,for hard copy they won’t send it to back home ,,so better request to send that in the Australian address like your family or friends postal address and Request them to send it in your back home address ,,

AFP started giving digital one just one year back coz of that may be coz of that 

47 minutes ago, Anzuu said:

I have no idea why nvc don’t accept digital one coz in my case they rejected twice ,,,

digital copy u will get in two working days ,for hard copy they won’t send it to back home ,,so better request to send that in the Australian address like your family or friends postal address and Request them to send it in your back home address ,,

AFP started giving digital one just one year back coz of that may be coz of that 

The issue we have is that we don't have anyone in Australia that can send it to us. So it seems like we have have to get the digital one accepted.

How did your's got rejected for a second time?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.