Shay1

my wife is outside the US and fiance visa not approved yet

25 posts in this topic

I am a US citizen, and I got married in a different country. My wife is a citizen of that country. I applied for a fiance visa to bring her to the US but it was not approved yet, I also asked to expedite the process and that was denied. She is now pregnant and is due in July, and I want her to come here before her last trimester. What can I do to get her to come here before April? Can I apply for advance parole for her? I know that if I apply for AOS for her it will start a new process and that might take even longer, so what is the fastest way for her to come here. She cant get a tourist visa in her country. Please help!!

20 minutes ago, Shay1 said:

I am a US citizen, and I got married in a different country. My wife is a citizen of that country. I applied for a fiance visa to bring her to the US but it was not approved yet, I also asked to expedite the process and that was denied. She is now pregnant and is due in July, and I want her to come here before her last trimester. What can I do to get her to come here before April? Can I apply for advance parole for her? I know that if I apply for AOS for her it will start a new process and that might take even longer, so what is the fastest way for her to come here. She cant get a tourist visa in her country. Please help!!

Since you got married, you will need to start over with a spousal petition, as she is no longer eligible for a fiance visa.

If you mean April 2022, that's not going to happen.   

I don't think you understand what advance parole is.

Even if she could get a tourist visa, it would not be legal for her to travel here on that with the plan to adjust status.  That is FRAUD.

Unfortunately, your only option is to refile a petition for a spouse visa.  

It will take a couple of years, not months.  If time is a big deal, consider moving to her country.

Edited by Jorgedig

2 hours ago, Shay1 said:

Well, the thing is we only married religiously not legally through the state. So does that mean that she is still eligible for the fiance visa?

It doesn't matter. It still disqualifies you for a fiance visa.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

2 hours ago, Shay1 said:

Well, the thing is we only married religiously not legally through the state. So does that mean that she is still eligible for the fiance visa?

No.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

this is the important part of your Post  

"I am a US citizen, and I got married in a different country. My wife is a citizen "

married is married 

and many of us in the US marry in a religious ceremony

get your marriage registered in her country and apply for the spouse visa 

Edited by JeanneAdil

10 hours ago, Shay1 said:

Not a chance

Hopefully you got a marriage certificate that you can use to file an I130 ASAP

What country is this?

Edited by iwannaplay54

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Boiler said:

seems a very different story

Boiler! Boiler! Boiler! 

gonna win the day day day!

Edited by Mike E

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Welp, in another thread you were the wife on a tourist visa, asking about how to apply for your daughters, and now you’re the husband. Who are you? Are you the pregnant husband? Mmmm The miracles of science!

Anywho, the ship for the K1 has sailed. Your only option is the CR-1

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.