pbb_12

Interview Scheduled in My Previous Address.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone! 

So my interview has been scheduled for November 5th! Which are great news! 

However, I moved to Texas by the beginning of September, I filed my change of address accordingly and have the confirmation emails to prove it. Nonetheless, USCIS didn't take note on my request of change of address and scheduled my interview in the Philadelphia Office. 

I called USCIS and the agent was not really helpful, he said it was up to me to determine if I should go to the interview and it would be up to the official interviewing me if they wanna carry out the interview or they would redirect me to the Texas office. 

Has anyone been in the same position as me? If so, what have you guys done about it? Did you go to the interview or tried rescheduling? 

The only thing I am afraid about rescheduling is that it might take a very long time to get the interview again. 

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

1 hour ago, pbb_12 said:

Hi everyone! 

So my interview has been scheduled for November 5th! Which are great news! 

However, I moved to Texas by the beginning of September, I filed my change of address accordingly and have the confirmation emails to prove it. Nonetheless, USCIS didn't take note on my request of change of address and scheduled my interview in the Philadelphia Office. 

I called USCIS and the agent was not really helpful, he said it was up to me to determine if I should go to the interview and it would be up to the official interviewing me if they wanna carry out the interview or they would redirect me to the Texas office. 

Has anyone been in the same position as me? If so, what have you guys done about it? Did you go to the interview or tried rescheduling? 

The only thing I am afraid about rescheduling is that it might take a very long time to get the interview again. 

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

I do know of someone this happened to, they just attended the interview with the schedule office, the officer went ahead and interviewed them with no issues. Rescheduling may push you further out.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 minutes ago, stellashir said:

I do know of someone this happened to, they just attended the interview with the schedule office, the officer went ahead and interviewed them with no issues. Rescheduling may push you further out.

This is very helpful! Thank you so much! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

But it's totally up to the discretion of the IO if they'll interview you or not. It could be wasted time to wait and attend the interview. What works for one doesn't work for everybody unfortunately. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.