eirinlinn

Insurance options for newborn baby. Husband is in middle of AoS.

8 posts in this topic

We just recently found out we are pregnant while my husbands AoS is pending! Just was wondering what alternatives were available other than my work insurance as it’s very expensive for both me and baby to be on it! My husband is waiting on his green card interview. 

just was wanting thoughts on possibly using CHIP for the baby when he/she is born. I qualify with my income. I just don’t want anything to adversely affect my husbands immigration journey down the road ! If it will we will go another route. 

Edited by eirinlinn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

The USC 's are perfectly fine to use whatever benefit is available. The only problem would come up if let's say you apply for foodstamps because you don't have enough money which most likely would also mean that you wouldn't have enough money to sponsor him. But even that can be solved with a joint sponsor.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

yes,  USC is able to get medicaid for the baby but if u qualify for these types of benefits,  your income is too low for the I 864 

so,  i would have a joint sponsor ready 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
54 minutes ago, eirinlinn said:

just was wanting thoughts on possibly using CHIP for the baby when he/she is born. I qualify with my income. I just don’t want anything to adversely affect my husbands immigration journey down the road ! If it will we will go another route. 

Go ahead and utilize CHIP for your baby as your baby will be a US citizen. 

Pertaining to your husband you'll need a joint sponsor if your income is too law, as others have mentioned already. 

Thanks guys; looking into it I probably wouldn’t even be eligible for it. 

5 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

The USC 's are perfectly fine to use whatever benefit is available. The only problem would come up if let's say you apply for foodstamps because you don't have enough money which most likely would also mean that you wouldn't have enough money to sponsor him. But even that can be solved with a joint sponsor.

Thank you. Researching more into it we more than likely would not qualify anyway. I will lean more toward using the marketplace for the baby or when my husband starts working (when he gets his ead) to see if the family plan  where he works is more affordable! 

4 hours ago, nastra30 said:

Go ahead and utilize CHIP for your baby as your baby will be a US citizen. 

Pertaining to your husband you'll need a joint sponsor if your income is too law, as others have mentioned already. 

My income is not too low thankfully! We were looking more towards affordability than desperation anyway we have a lot of options it was just worth exploring since a lot of people I know used CHIP with their kids. But since our situation is a little different we will just utilize either the marketplace or when my husband is Eligible to start working see if his family insurance premiums would be more reasonable. Thank you!

6 hours ago, eirinlinn said:

We just recently found out we are pregnant while my husbands AoS is pending! Just was wondering what alternatives were available other than my work insurance as it’s very expensive for both me and baby to be on it! My husband is waiting on his green card interview. 

I should qualify *. I looked more into it and more than likely will make too much for it. Oh well! We will look into other options. Thankfully we aren’t scrambling and I have plenty of time to do my homework on some insurances available through the marketplace! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~MOved to Moving Here and YOur New Life, from AOS FAmily K1/K3 - As the topic is health insurance and is discussed here often.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.