Vickrd

Filed yesterday online and got Biometrics reused and Actively Reviewing on the same day (marriage based)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello guys, my question is kind of simple.

I'm filed online yesterday marriage based. A couple of hours after I filed, I got a notice online saying that my biometrics were reused, and that my case is being actively reviewed by uscis. Keep in mind yesterday was friday night when I filed, so I woke up today Saturday very confused as to how could they do this so fast... especially on a friday night?

Is this a good thing and should I be excited? Or is it just an automated message...?

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
12 hours ago, Vickrd said:

I'm filed online yesterday marriage based. A couple of hours after I filed, I got a notice online saying that my biometrics were reused, and that my case is being actively reviewed by uscis. Keep in mind yesterday was friday night when I filed, so I woke up today Saturday very confused as to how could they do this so fast... especially on a friday night?

Is this a good thing and should I be excited? Or is it just an automated message...?

Hi Vickrd, I remember you from October filer. I guess it's a good thing, unless they have an automated system that send everyone an notice whenever they received each application, I'm eligible to filed for citizenship next month marriage based...do you mind sharing what documents you submitted with your application please?

Timeline
11 hours ago, Junior818 said:

Hi Vickrd, I remember you from October filer. I guess it's a good thing, unless they have an automated system that send everyone an notice whenever they received each application, I'm eligible to filed for citizenship next month marriage based...do you mind sharing what documents you submitted with your application please?

Junior818!! So glad to hear you’ll be filing soon as well! The process was relatively simple. For the evidence of marriage, I submitted tax transcripts, lease agreements, lease insurance, old and new drivers licenses showing the two addresses we’ve lived at, and bank statements checkings and savings. All for the past 3 years. I believe this should be enough but I will be bringing more evidence to the interview so that if they want to see more then they’ll be able to.

Also, be careful with the online application. Make sure you check that all your documents are uploaded right before you apply, instead of uploading them and then logging out and then logging in and thinking that they’re still there, because sometimes they won’t all be saved. It’s kind of wonky.  

If you realize you have forgotten to submit a document after you’ve applied, they have a button in “my cases” called “unsolicited evidence” where I believe you can upload it. But try to do that as soon as possible because there’s a chance they won’t see it in time if you submit it later on. I unfortunately forgot to submit my latest lease agreement and I will be submitting it that way tomorrow once I get it from my landlord. I think it should be fine because it’s only been a weekend—I applied two days ago… I don’t think they’ll be checking my application anytime soon. That’s why I was worried when I saw “we are actively reviewing” because it was like a saturday morning on a holiday weekend (yesterday) and I was like NO! I still have to submit my forgotten lease agreement! But I think it’s probably like you’re saying where it’s just an automatic kind of thing, so I think it should be fine to submit it today or tomorrow. 

Thanks for your reply Junior818! Hope this info helped :) 

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Vickrd said:

Junior818!! So glad to hear you’ll be filing soon as well! The process was relatively simple. For the evidence of marriage, I submitted tax transcripts, lease agreements, lease insurance, old and new drivers licenses showing the two addresses we’ve lived at, and bank statements checkings and savings. All for the past 3 years. I believe this should be enough but I will be bringing more evidence to the interview so that if they want to see more then they’ll be able to.

Also, be careful with the online application. Make sure you check that all your documents are uploaded right before you apply, instead of uploading them and then logging out and then logging in and thinking that they’re still there, because sometimes they won’t all be saved. It’s kind of wonky.  

If you realize you have forgotten to submit a document after you’ve applied, they have a button in “my cases” called “unsolicited evidence” where I believe you can upload it. But try to do that as soon as possible because there’s a chance they won’t see it in time if you submit it later on. I unfortunately forgot to submit my latest lease agreement and I will be submitting it that way tomorrow once I get it from my landlord. I think it should be fine because it’s only been a weekend—I applied two days ago… I don’t think they’ll be checking my application anytime soon. That’s why I was worried when I saw “we are actively reviewing” because it was like a saturday morning on a holiday weekend (yesterday) and I was like NO! I still have to submit my forgotten lease agreement! But I think it’s probably like you’re saying where it’s just an automatic kind of thing, so I think it should be fine to submit it today or tomorrow. 

Thanks for your reply Junior818! Hope this info helped :) 

Thanks a lot, I  really appreciate it!

I’d be fairly sure the bio notice is automated by now - the system probably searches for a uscis bio done within the last x years and reuses if so. I can almost certainly guarantee that no-one was actively reviewing your case on a Friday night. FYI, my n400, and those of my spouse and over 18 child,  were all being “actively reviewed” for over a year between bio and interview notice. I think what is actually means is, your application has been placed in line and we’ll get to looking at it when it gets to the front of the line. Hopefully your FO has a shorter wait time than ours.

Timeline
48 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I’d be fairly sure the bio notice is automated by now - the system probably searches for a uscis bio done within the last x years and reuses if so. I can almost certainly guarantee that no-one was actively reviewing your case on a Friday night. FYI, my n400, and those of my spouse and over 18 child,  were all being “actively reviewed” for over a year between bio and interview notice. I think what is actually means is, your application has been placed in line and we’ll get to looking at it when it gets to the front of the line. Hopefully your FO has a shorter wait time than ours.

Ohhhh that makes so much sense, since my Biometrics for my removal of conditions was done in January this year, so very recent. Thank you, I never even thought about it. Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 9/4/2021 at 12:15 PM, Vickrd said:

The agency works on Saturdays.  I also filed last Friday and received exactly the same respponce as you did. I filed online and the system in addition gave me time completion 10 months, then two hours later changed to 13 months. So, I expect 12 to 13 months time plus 3-4 months for a passport.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.