KateD

NVC to Ghana Embassy....Finally!

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

FYI, I just got an email today from the NVC that they have sent my k1 application to the Ghana Embassy. It has been there since March 2020. Good to see movement from NVC to Ghana finally.

Question: Should I wait to hear from the Ghana embassy that they have received the application before we fill out the DS-160 or should I go ahead now? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

At this time the USC should get the IRS transcripts and complete the I 134 and mail these to u

the Ghanian needs to wait to hear from embassy as 

1. need a form to do the medical exam (and the date of that medical is the 6 month expiration date of the visa so don't do it too early

2. need a document to get into embassy for interview

3. need criminal reports from all countries lived in since 16 if there for more that a year (so if u ever lived outside Ghana get,  that one)/the ones we got from morocco expired in 90 days so watch for that from your own country and don't get too early

4.  if your documents are in Akan,  you must also bring English translations for all (plus the original in Akan)

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Birth certificate.
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below
Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
44 minutes ago, KateD said:

FYI, I just got an email today from the NVC that they have sent my k1 application to the Ghana Embassy. It has been there since March 2020. Good to see movement from NVC to Ghana finally.

Question: Should I wait to hear from the Ghana embassy that they have received the application before we fill out the DS-160 or should I go ahead now? 

Congratulations!

Timeline
1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

At this time the USC should get the IRS transcripts and complete the I 134 and mail these to u

the Ghanian needs to wait to hear from embassy as 

1. need a form to do the medical exam (and the date of that medical is the 6 month expiration date of the visa so don't do it too early

2. need a document to get into embassy for interview

3. need criminal reports from all countries lived in since 16 if there for more that a year (so if u ever lived outside Ghana get,  that one)/the ones we got from morocco expired in 90 days so watch for that from your own country and don't get too early

4.  if your documents are in Akan,  you must also bring English translations for all (plus the original in Akan)

You, the foreign-citizen fiancé(e), (and eligible children applying for K-2 visas) will be required to bring the following forms and documents to the visa interview:

• Completed Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application. You (and any eligible children applying for K-2 visas) must: (1) complete Form DS-160 and (2) print the DS-160 confirmation page to bring to your interview. 
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
  • Birth certificate.
  • Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor
  • Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for six months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)
  • Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)
  • Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)
  • Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements
  • Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)
  • Payment of fees, as explained below

Thanks, for the information!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Beegirl said:

Congrats! I would go ahead and start things in motion now. After a year and half of waiting, I think you’re good. 

When was your NOA2? And when did you get to NVC

Thank you! I'm wondering when the application gets to Ghana if it will sit there awhile longer since they have been very slow in scheduling interviews.

My NOAA2 03/26/2020 and it arrived shortly thereafter at the NVC-- end of March/beginning of April.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
20 hours ago, KateD said:

Congratulations! Good news indeed, Nvc during this mess seems to be the only department attempting to bring families closer together :)  The Embassies though, I'm at a loss for words! Just to clarify, the sent your case to the embassy in Ghana, did they advise they would let you know when an appointment is scheduled? If so, sadly you may be waiting a while for an interview, there are alot of us that have been waiting for an interview, such as myself, I received that letter in 2-20 and have yet to receive an interview :( We most remain hopeful and patient, this can't continue forever! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, sweetk328 said:

Congratulations! Good news indeed, Nvc during this mess seems to be the only department attempting to bring families closer together :)  The Embassies though, I'm at a loss for words! Just to clarify, the sent your case to the embassy in Ghana, did they advise they would let you know when an appointment is scheduled? If so, sadly you may be waiting a while for an interview, there are alot of us that have been waiting for an interview, such as myself, I received that letter in 2-20 and have yet to receive an interview :( We most remain hopeful and patient, this can't continue forever! 

yep, that's why u don't try for medical too soon  / plus u need paper to give to dr so he knows the medical is for immigration

"hurry up and wait"   that's immigration for u

Doesn't Ghana tell K1's to schedule interview like other embassies ?

the CR1 u wait for is scheduled between NVC and embassy 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
20 hours ago, KateD said:

Thank you! I'm wondering when the application gets to Ghana if it will sit there awhile longer since they have been very slow in scheduling interviews.

My NOAA2 03/26/2020 and it arrived shortly thereafter at the NVC-- end of March/beginning of April.

Don;t you schedule your own interview after you pay the fee and complete the DS-160?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
2 hours ago, sweetk328 said:

The email (see below) didn't mention scheduling the interview for me. SweetK328, is your application at the NVC or embassy? It looks like on your timeline that it hasn't left NVC

I realize that my application is probably moving from one pile to the next and the wait could still be significant. But...at least there is some movement.

image.png.079d88118cd25847b31134425564eacf.png

Timeline
50 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

Doesn't Ghana tell K1's to schedule interview like other embassies ?

the CR1 u wait for is scheduled between NVC and embassy 

39 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Don;t you schedule your own interview after you pay the fee and complete the DS-160?

Yes, that is the normal procedure. However, from what I have seen, the interviews that have been happening since Feb of this year are reschedules from people that had interview appointments prior to the shutdown.

I believe my application is in the first batch of applications that have been sent to the Ghana Embassy from the NVC since the shutdown. Hopefully, it will be "normal" operating procedures. However, I am also preparing myself for my application to sit there for some time before the embassy reaches out to me with next steps. 

Edited by KateD

Timeline
3 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

2 hours ago, KateD said:

The email (see below) didn't mention scheduling the interview for me. SweetK328, is your application at the NVC or embassy? It looks like on your timeline that it hasn't left NVC

I realize that my application is probably moving from one pile to the next and the wait could still be significant. But...at least there is some movement.

image.png.079d88118cd25847b31134425564eacf.png

Well your letter indeed is different from the one I was referring to that I received,  mine is still at the embassy. As an Ir1 it will remain there until they schedule my interview. K1's are handled by the Embassy and all documents are collected and sent to them. Nvc did just confirm that they do not do the processing of documents for  any K1's hence the reason yours was sent to the Embassy..I  was wondering why it mentioned applying for the visa,  It all makes sense now.  Me and my husband are a Ir1 which is processed differently. As far as my timeline, I sadly put little time into updating that, and to be honest, could be off on some of the entries, I'm not really up speed with all the abbreviations etc lol. But either way...any movement is progress! I pray it just continues. I just got off the phone with NVC and she said the same sad old story they have said for almost a good year. Accra is still not scheduling appointments at this time and we are in the queue for an interview.  :( SMH

Edited by sweetk328

Timeline
42 minutes ago, sweetk328 said:

Well your letter indeed is different from the one I was referring to that I received,  mine is still at the embassy. As an Ir1 it will remain there until they schedule my interview. K1's are handled by the Embassy and all documents are collected and sent to them. Nvc did just confirm that they do not do the processing of documents for  any K1's hence the reason yours was sent to the Embassy..I  was wondering why it mentioned applying for the visa,  It all makes sense now.  Me and my husband are a Ir1 which is processed differently. As far as my timeline, I sadly put little time into updating that, and to be honest, could be off on some of the entries, I'm not really up speed with all the abbreviations etc lol. But either way...any movement is progress! I pray it just continues. I just got off the phone with NVC and she said the same sad old story they have said for almost a good year. Accra is still not scheduling appointments at this time and we are in the queue for an interview.  :( SMH

No worries. I hope you get an interview and your application moves to Ghana soon. I also hope that it is the Ghana Embassy requesting the applications. I have speculated  if the NVC is telling the Ghana embassy that they are tired af of storing applications for them, they have ran out of storage space, and the Ghana Embassy can store them in their big, half-empty, building.

Timeline
On 8/31/2021 at 12:35 PM, KateD said:

I think yu should do it now.

Timeline

It seems the Embassy in Ghana is back in business! I woke up this morning to an email from NVC with my interview appointment for 10-18th! Omg...finally we have been dq'd since 2-21-20 and have been waiting for an interview for almost 2 years! We are an Ir1...keep checking your emails, Ghana is back! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.