Kaypei

K1 visa validity period during covid-19

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My k1 visa got denied on 17th of may the CO said were married which which are decision is baseless, my case was returned to uscis few days ago I got a notification of termination which I was waiting to see if it's same reason the CO said my got denied for but to my surprise uscis the validity period of case was 4 month which as expired... I thought expiring period of cases is extended because of covid-19.. can any be of help 

Edited by Kaypei

7 minutes ago, Kaypei said:

I thought expiring period of cases is extended because of covid-19..

No. I-129F validity periods have not been extended. The policy has not changed, thus it's still solely at the discretion of the CO: https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM050207.html "Validity of a K-1 Petition"

K1 petition that is denied for almost any reason is moved vvveeerrry slowly back through the system and you get notified after the petition has expired.

That way they have less to explain to you and no effort spent to assist you if possible.

Once denied, for most, the best thing to do is get married and go the IR1/CR1 route.

I don't think anything can be done about the k1 petition. That one is over.

Timeline
1 minute ago, HRQX said:

No. I-129F validity periods have not been extended. The policy has not changed, thus it's still solely at the discretion of the CO: https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM050207.html "Validity of a K-1 Petition"

Thanks so much for your response... so painful to be going through this God is with me 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, randy32 said:

K1 petition that is denied for almost any reason is moved vvveeerrry slowly back through the system and you get notified after the petition has expired.

That way they have less to explain to you and no effort spent to assist you if possible.

Once denied, for most, the best thing to do is get married and go the IR1/CR1 route.

I don't think anything can be done about the k1 petition. That one is over.

This is a very harsh decision... God knows why 

19 minutes ago, Kaypei said:

This is a very harsh decision... God knows why 

Probably because you had some type of marriage/engagement ceremony?    It is unfortunate, but if you want a visa, you will have to start over.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Probably because you had some type of marriage/engagement ceremony?    It is unfortunate, but if you want a visa, you will have to start over.

Yes we had introduction ceremony... this is heart breaking to live with 

7 hours ago, Kaypei said:

Sorry to hear about the visa denial.  Unfortunately, it's not unusual for K1 cases to be denied due to the couple having some sort of traditional or religious ceremony, making them "too married" for K1.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Sorry to hear about the visa denial.  Unfortunately, it's not unusual for K1 cases to be denied due to the couple having some sort of traditional or religious ceremony, making them "too married" for K1.

Thanks so much for your kind words you don't know how much I need that... we keep pushing forward 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Our introduction ceremony in Nigeria was just me meeting the family. We cooked, ate, prayed, danced, enjoyed each other company. I met the entire family within three days. 

We took pictures with all the family. Nothing to show or speculate we were married. Because we waited...with immigration you have to be careful...

Edited by Rosemichelle
additional information

Timeline
On 8/27/2021 at 4:29 AM, Kaypei said:

Omg, i also did my introduction will this count against me? What should i do now we just got our application approved by USCIS? 

Timeline
On 8/27/2021 at 3:00 PM, aggie_1691@hotmai said:

How did they find out that you had an introduction ceremony? Did you show pictures?

I showed pictures too, now I'm scared...we didn't think that count,  the pictures were for our relationship timeline, what do i do?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bubukay said:

I showed pictures too, now I'm scared...we didn't think that count,  the pictures were for our relationship timeline, what do i do?

I don't know if it count against you... but mine counted 

Edited by Kaypei

Timeline
6 hours ago, Bubukay said:

I think it depends on what the ceremony looks like. Did you wear same clothes, was it a party? Did he pay bride price? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.