leila85

I-751 filers and waiting time in California 2021

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone,

my attorney filed my I751 with a waiver on Thursday July 22 with FedEx next day delivery and USCIS received it on July 23 2021. I am in San Diego (CA).

Is there anyone who filed in June this year or beginning of July in California that have already received the extension letter? And also how long is it taking for the biometric appointment? 
I don’t trust my attorney at all and I am scared he might have messed up something. I’m going to let him go once I receive my biometric appointment. 
Help I need to travel outside the country. 
Thanks in advance and good luck to you all folks ❤️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife already has her extension letter (filed early this month).

No biometric appointment yet.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline

Hello @DaveAndAnastasia thank you for your prompt reply!

I actually need to take back everything I said about my attorney lol.

This is an Update for everyone: after I posted this I received a phone call from the attorney assistant saying that she just received my I-797 extension mail 😟

I was shocked since they literally filed my case last week. 
-My case was received on 7-23-21 in Phoenix AZ

-today 7-28-21 I received my I-797     extension letter. 
-Location San Diego (CA)

-Filing I-751 waiver 

I’ll keep posting for updates and I wish everyone a speedy process 🙏 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Timeline

@katana-dolphin hey, Lol sorry I actually thought I replied to your message! 
as far as I know filers from 2020 have seen a delay because of the pandemic but now things are getting back to normal again with USCIS. So I’m sure you’ll receive good news soon 😃 

did you get your biometric appointment  waived? 
just a heads up I received my extension few days after my attorney filed, but I haven’t heard anything about biometric yet. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

@leila85  Hi!  Yes, my bio appointment was waived shortly after I filed in july 2020. Yours should have been waived too!  Have you traveled outside the States using the extension letter and expired gc?

Timeline

Thank you I hope they do! No my green card expires in September. But I’m going to travel outside the country soon! 

Timeline

@katana-dolphin Thank you I hope they do! No my green card expires in September. But I’m going to travel outside the country soon! 

My attorney said it’s fine to travel with the expire gc and the extension letter. There is a website called avvo.com and you can create an account and ask questions to attorneys for free. 
Also several people here travelled with an expired GC and the extension letter. 
I’m just worried that they are going to send me the biometric appointment when I’m outside the country if they don’t wave it 😬

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.