Taim00R

Suggestions required regarding siblings visa or student visa

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

My understanding is that preeminent reside are not eligible to apply for sibling, they must have US Citizenship.

USCIS

12/03/2008...Sent I-130 form

12/04/2008...Papers reached Chicago LockBox (1Day)

12/11/2008...NOA1 (7days)

12/22/2008...NOA1 hard copy received (11 days ~ Heavy Snowfall Delayed Mail)

03/14/2009...NOA2 (92 days from NOA1)

03/24/2009...NOA2 Hard copy received (No touches or web approval)

NVC

04/06/2009...Received by NVC (23 days from NOA2)

DreAlphaBettas@aol.com

48 minutes ago, Taim00R said:

My brother is permanent resident of USA. If my brother apply for me through sibling visa how much time will it take?? 

Your brother cannot petition for you before he becomes a US citizen.  After he becomes a USC and files the petition, it will take around 15 to 20 years for a visa number to become available for you.

48 minutes ago, Taim00R said:

And what about student visa.. My brother can be sponser of me for my studies in USA?? 

Your brother can finance your education in the US, but you need to be accepted into a US school first before you can apply for a student visa.

Edited by Chancy
Clarification -- paying for expenses is not the same as sponsorship for a visa

Not to be rude, but how old are you?

There is no “sponsor” for a visit visa. He can of course offer to provide accommodation etc while you visit, but you will need to show ties to your home country to be granted a visit visa.

6 minutes ago, Taim00R said:

What about the visit visa if my sponser me for a visit visa and apply for that.. Will it have a chances of acceptance for my visa?? 

There is no sponsorship for a visitor visa.  Although you can indicate in the application form that your brother will finance your trip, you still have to apply based on your own merits.

9 minutes ago, Taim00R said:

What about the visit visa if my sponser me for a visit visa and apply for that.. Will it have a chances of acceptance for my visa?? 

There's no such as thing as sponsoring a visitor visa, you would apply by yourself on your own merits. Your chances of approval depend on a variety of factors, it's impossible to tell you how likely it is that you'll be approved when you haven't told us anything about your circumstances.

It kind of sounds like you're just fishing for ways to get to the USA. What exactly do you want to do, move there permanently, study there or just visit? Those are three very different things.

2 minutes ago, Taim00R said:

I want to get usa visa whether its through student or visit visa. The question I had whether my brother can sponsor me or not?? If he sponsor me  will it have negative impact on visa?? I means whether it had a chances of rejection of visa? 

He can't sponsor you for either of those visas. Any tie to the US will have a negative impact when applying for a non-immigrant visa but having a brother in the US will not get you denied by itself.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

OP,  to help break down what others have said regarding the different visas you have mentioned:

- If your brother becomes a U.S. Citizen, he can apply for you as his sibling but as previously stated that will take 15+ years. He cannot apply for this as a permanent resident.

- For a student visa, you would need to apply to a U.S. school and be accepted to be eligible for a student visa. Your brother can assist financially, but he would have nothing to do with the visa process otherwise. 

- For a visitor visa, you apply yourself and try to show proof that you will return to your home country. Having a brother in the U.S. can hurt your chances of being approved. No one can "sponsor" a visitor visa. 

Honestly your best bet is to first apply for a visitor visa and see what happens. If you are denied, you're out a couple hundred bucks but at least you'll know whether it's an option or not. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Taim00R said:

I want to get usa visa whether its through student or visit visa. The question I had whether my brother can sponsor me or not?? If he sponsor me  will it have negative impact on visa?? I means whether it had a chances of rejection of visa? 

So you plan on going back home after you visit or go to school?

Your brother can not sponsor you: as been said many times in this post.

You can apply for a visitors visa assuming you don’t qualify for an ESTA. Your brother has no roll in this.

If you are accepted into a university and you can afford it (whether it’s you or brother paying for it) you can apply for a student visa.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~MOved to What VIsa Do I Need, from Bringing Family of OSC - the OP's brother is a PR not USC and the OP is looking at any visa to get to the US.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Either a B2 tourist visa or an F1 student visa will require strong ties to your home country.  You will need to be able to convince the officer in the visa interview that you will go back home after the brief tourist visit (B2) or the completion of your studies (F1).  Having a brother in the US is a strong tie to the US, so that will reduce your chances of getting either one, but it is not impossible if your ties to your home country are strong (own property, many close family members, etc.).  For the student visa, you will also need to show the officer how you will be able to pay for the very high cost of international student tuition, fees, and living expenses.  There's also the challenge of getting accepted to a college or university in the US.  So it's time to do a lot more research on how much it will cost and what it will take to be a student in the US if you want to try for an F1.  The probability of success for either visa also partially depends on your age, marital status, and country of origin.  What is your nationality?  If you're applying from a high fraud country it is even more difficult.

Edited by carmel34

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You need to answer the question of what country you are from. If you don't provide certain information, we are unable to give accurate answers as far as a visitor visa. If you are from certain countries, you are eligible for ESTA. Please tell us where are from.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you even think seriously about a student visa ,  first you need to take the test to establish your proficiency in English

and then look at the cost of a semester in the USA as a foreign student,   its expensive 

The institution often provides official school forms for international students to certify financial responsibility. Besides requiring you to identify the source of financial support, a notarized signature from the individual providing the financial support and confirmation from the sponsor’s bank confirming funds are available to cover the cost of your education are certification requirements. Educational institutions vary on the type and extent of financial information needed to support the certified form.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.