Sercanned

Question about after N400 interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi all

I passed my interview yesterday and status is showing I'm on line for oath ceremony. Now what gets me is that during the interview officer looked surprised and asked me twice if I don't have even a traffic ticket. I said no sir. Now it got me worried that what if he didn't have my background check? What if they make me wait for my oath ceremony until they get my background check? 😞 what do you all think? Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

He already knew and was surprised as most of us have a speeding ticket ,  etc

USCIS conducts an investigation of the applicant upon his or her filing for naturalization. ... The background and security checks apply to most applicants and must be conducted and completed before the applicant is scheduled for his or her naturalization interview

Timeline
11 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

He already knew and was surprised as most of us have a speeding ticket ,  etc

USCIS conducts an investigation of the applicant upon his or her filing for naturalization. ... The background and security checks apply to most applicants and must be conducted and completed before the applicant is scheduled for his or her naturalization interview

Oh so he could've thought there was an error on background check? Yeah I had 3 accidents since I came to state but cops have always fined the other driver knowing they were guilty. And I never speed since I'm afraid to be pulled over lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sercanned said:

Oh so he could've thought there was an error on background check? Yeah I had 3 accidents since I came to state but cops have always fined the other driver knowing they were guilty. And I never speed since I'm afraid to be pulled over lol

no,    he wouldn't think there was a mistake in  the background check

it is thouough   /  just most of us have a ticket sooner or later and a clean record is just that "a clean record"

When i went to get my report to go marry,  there was a 10 year old speeding ticket on record as my state keeps it there forever/  surprise surprise

Timeline
21 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

no,    he wouldn't think there was a mistake in  the background check

it is thouough   /  just most of us have a ticket sooner or later and a clean record is just that "a clean record"

When i went to get my report to go marry,  there was a 10 year old speeding ticket on record as my state keeps it there forever/  surprise surprise

Wondered why he repeated himself then 😅

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.