Ruddin

My gay husband threaten me for divorce and my immigration status will be gone

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I am in a sex sex marriage too. I am from Boston, MA. I HIGHLY advise you to get a good immigration lawyer. The law firm that represented me is Iandoli, Desai & Cronin PC (www.iandoli.com) and has a lot of LGBT clients- the founding partner of this firm is part of the LGBT community too. Sorry for your situation and i hope you find help soon!

@Ruddin, the first step is to gather your belongings and find a safe place to live. That is my best recommendation to you. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

1 hour ago, Boston17 said:

I am in a sex sex marriage too. I am from Boston, MA. I HIGHLY advise you to get a good immigration lawyer. The law firm that represented me is Iandoli, Desai & Cronin PC (www.iandoli.com) and has a lot of LGBT clients- the founding partner of this firm is part of the LGBT community too. Sorry for your situation and i hope you find help soon!

are you going through the same sitution like me? can you please contact with me . I will appreciate your advice

Edited by Ruddin

Filed: Timeline
22 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

@Ruddin, the first step is to gather your belongings and find a safe place to live. That is my best recommendation to you. 

This^^

Also if the profile picture you uploaded is of you PLEASE change it. 

You need to find a new immigration attny if your current one is friends with your abuser. You can google pro bono lawyers + immigration + your state. You can also call 211 or go to the website 211.org to find local agencies that can help you with both domestic violence and divorce/immigration legal issues. But you need a new immigration attny as well as a divorce attny. 

PLEASE REMOVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER from the post above. 

Edited by Villanelle

4 minutes ago, Villanelle said:

This^^

Also if the profile picture you uploaded is of you PLEASE change it. 

You need to find a new immigration attny if your current one is friends with your abuser. You can google pro bono lawyers + immigration + your state. You can also call 211 or go to the website 211.org to find local agencies that can help you with both domestic violence and divorce/immigration legal issues. But you need a new immigration attny as well as a divorce attny. 

PLEASE REMOVE YOUR PHONE NUMBER from the post above. 

@Villanelle glad you caught that. I reported the post just in case @Ruddin does not see it right away. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There are provisions in the case of spousal abuse.  

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/imbra.html

Get yourself to a safe place, first and foremost.  Find an independent lawyer who is not involved with your abusive partner and can best represent you.  

Good luck and stay safe!

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

hello All ... 

I moved here 2017 may through k1 visa and we are in relation since 2015 and my husband is a USA citizen and we got married may 2017 and i received my conditional green card 2018 sept and i applied my remove the condition( my husband sign the paper for (I-751) july 2020 and its been a year i did not get any update except( Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken). Now this Friday my husband filed a divorce without my consent but still we are living the same place. I am from Washington dc . My question what should i do at this moment? is the divorce impact my immigration process? what should will be my next process? my immigration lawyer is my husband friend so is it possible to get another lawyer for my case? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
  1. You can get your own divorce lawyer. However, if you it were me and I do not have anything worth fighting for, like wealth division etc, I would just let him proceed with the divorce at his own expense and later get the divorce certificate from him or county clerk. However, if there is something to be divided between the 2 of you, get a lawyer. there are also pro-bono lawyers and NGOs that help at no cost/ little to no cost.
  2. Get the divorce certificate and request USCIS to switch your ROC to "divorce waiver option."
  3. Regardless of 1 above, start gathering as much evidences of bonafide marriage as you can. You will need them later down the road.

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Are you even listening to helpful suggestions you have been already provided?

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Ruddin said:

hello All ... 

I moved here 2017 may through k1 visa and we are in relation since 2015 and my husband is a USA citizen and we got married may 2017 and i received my conditional green card 2018 sept and i applied my remove the condition( my husband sign the paper for (I-751) july 2020 and its been a year i did not get any update except( Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken). Now this Friday my husband filed a divorce without my consent but still we are living the same place. I am from Washington dc . My question what should i do at this moment? is the divorce impact my immigration process? what should will be my next process? my immigration lawyer is my husband friend so is it possible to get another lawyer for my case? 

Please don’t post the same question multiple times. The answers won’t change. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline