femme25

Marriage fraud advice

60 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Alenx said:

It's also very possible that he just doesn't love you. And never has. But aside from such speculation, you won't get anywhere without proper evidence of immigration fraud. I think that could jeopardize him. Having sex with other women outside the US is not such evidence however, I think. Or, if you think he is prone to felony, he might get himself in trouble and you can then report him to authorities if you want. Felony convictions can mess up a Green Card holder. 

Anyways, good luck with your relationship! :)

It is him who knows whether he loves me or not but the fact is that he keeps texing me day and night since he got kickd out wanting to reconcile. He also wants to offer me the $10K I helped him with when he was at the lowest point in his life overseas and I supproted him so he offered to pay back the money I helped him survive at a certain point when he lost his savings. He said today that i will get back the money that i helped him for and he is hoping that it will gradually make me reconsider a divorce that I mentioned to him. 

10 minutes ago, femme25 said:

It is him who knows whether he loves me or not but the fact is that he keeps texing me day and night since he got kickd out wanting to reconcile. He also wants to offer me the $10K I helped him with when he was at the lowest point in his life overseas and I supproted him so he offered to pay back the money I helped him survive at a certain point when he lost his savings. He said today that i will get back the money that i helped him for and he is hoping that it will gradually make me reconsider a divorce that I mentioned to him. 

Maybe he thinks you divorcing him could hurt his immigration (which it can't, as his GC is 10 years). Or maybe he just wants to "buy" his own Green Card from you. Who knows? :wub:

Edited by Alenx

I would advise you two get marital counseling. You have no immigration issue. Best of luck to you!  

On 6/18/2021 at 4:06 PM, Lucky Cat said:

-Protect yourself physically and financially through a good divorce attorney.

-Let him handle his own immigration affairs.

-Seek happiness for yourself, and move on.

Remember, he could not have immigrated without a LOT of evidence which YOU, yourself,  provided.   Be aware that the I-864 you signed will remain in effect even after a divorce.  It is in your best interest if he becomes a US citizen as soon as possible.  

Girl, he's gotten lucky with that automatic 10 greencard.  Too bad for Covid19 delays.. 

If your life is not in danger, stick it through and get your money's worth or back. Don't make it easy for him through divorce. Keep collecting more evidence so that when you do get divorced, you can get part of your money via alimony. If you get pregnant, make sure you become the primary caregiver and fight for full/physical custody and take his behind to child support and make sure you get him to pay a lot in child support. 

I would never advice anyone to file for divorce based on cheating/assumed cheating. Most men will cheat. Pick your battles and fight the ones you can win. You leave him for this, chances are you will never stay married. But if your life is ever in danger, then yes, leave the marriage and if he threatens your life and gets physical, call the police and maybe his behind can get deported. Play your cards right and fair. Only then will you get true justice. #karma

Edited by VALU

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

All the studies I have seen show that women cheat more than men.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

guys, can you please tell me whetehr this means that he can petition to become a citizen in a year after his green card arrives (or counts from the day he entered the US) because i remember that it was conditional 2 years, then in a year, the LPR is allowed to apply for citizenship, so since i thought he was getting his 2 year card, now the citizenship rule in our case confuses me. 

14 minutes ago, VALU said:

Keep collecting more evidence so that when you do get divorced, you can get part of your money via alimony. If you get pregnant, make sure you become the primary caregiver and fight for full/physical custody and take his behind to child support and make sure you get him to pay a lot in child support. 

You are advising her to stay with him to collect more evidence and backstab him afterwards to get alimony and child support? :lol: I'm sorry it is your personal experience that most men cheat (why is that?), but hearing stories like this, I think cheating to end the relationship might be the better way out, comparably LOL

1 hour ago, femme25 said:

He offered to pay you back the $10K?! That's great.... Make sure he really does... That way, you won't hold that over his head forever.... And then level the playing field. Recuperate your money and time... Don't walk away empty handed. Never let anyone get away with using you. Fight til the end....💪🏿

Edited by VALU

25 minutes ago, Alenx said:

You are advising her to stay with him to collect more evidence and backstab him afterwards to get alimony and child support? :lol: I'm sorry it is your personal experience that most men cheat (why is that?), but hearing stories like this, I think cheating to end the relationship might be the better way out, comparably LOL

It's not my personal experience that men cheat. It's common knowledge. I have never even cared to look at my partner's phones. It was never an issue for me. I know how to pick my battles. Some battles are useless to fight and a waste of time. However, we are talking about marriage here, not just dating. In a marriage, cheating alone is not enough grounds for divorce, unless it becomes abusive and dangerous....

Edited by VALU

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
29 minutes ago, femme25 said:

guys, can you please tell me whetehr this means that he can petition to become a citizen in a year after his green card arrives (or counts from the day he entered the US) because i remember that it was conditional 2 years, then in a year, the LPR is allowed to apply for citizenship, so since i thought he was getting his 2 year card, now the citizenship rule in our case confuses me. 

He can file for citizenship 5 years (minus 90 days) from the date he entered the US. That is if you don't get back with him, if you're getting back together and keep being married he can file 3 years (minus 90 days) from the day he entered the US.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

28 minutes ago, Alenx said:

Oh, and I was advising her on another strategy, where she has control, to get to the same/similar results...  All hope is not lost, sister. .  Fight for your rights 💪🏿 😉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Scandi said:

Either way, you don't seem to realize that immigration wise it doesn't matter if he dated one person online only or if he had sex with a hundred women - neither would be considered immigration fraud. So him cheating or not cheating on you is of zero importance in this instance, it only affects your relationship, not his immigration journey. 

If the above is true, it's such a horrible system that the US government has set up, which essentially, sets up unwitting Americans to be scammed by unscrupulous foreigners, & as a bonus, the rest of the American populace have to bear these unscrupulous people for the rest of their lives. Personally, I think if there is evidence of cheating (before or after the immigrant's arrival in the US) or if the marriage ends in divorce in a couple of years then the immigration process should end right there, & the immigrant should be asked to go back to their country of origin, & if they don't want to do that then there is a good chance that the immigrant didn't necessarily come over to the US for love/marriage (which is a precondition for fiancee & marriage visas) but for economic or some other reasons, which means they violated the federal immigration laws. I came over on a fiancee visa a couple of years ago, & while things are going really well for us, let's say they weren't, & we ended up getting divorced, I would be totally heart-broken & I would just want to go back to my own country because my SOLE reason to be here was/is to be with my wife, & if we were no longer together then, I wouldn't want to be here, & I would rather be with my family & friends in my country, where I have spent my whole life.

I hope, at some point, there will be some common sense changes made to the way the fiancee & marriage visas are handled, so that it gets a lot easier for genuine couples to get together a lot faster while the scammers are shown the door the very moment they show their true colors. Right now, it seems, that scammers only have to put on a good face for a couple of years, & that earns them a lifetime in the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

This is not an immigration issue, and the OP has received sufficient advice, so this thread is now closed to further comment.

TBoneTX

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.