femme25

Marriage fraud advice

60 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, sos & ogs said:

Hello,

This is a sensitive topic, and one I’m glad to see on VJ.

I do NOT believe that the OP is trying to cancel his whole entire life for retaliatory reasons. She is trying to find out her rights and get advice from other people going through the immigration system. Also, he has only been in the US for 2 months, so his entire life is really in his home country.

Maybe his entire life PLAN is going to be canceled. If so, it is not because of her, it’s  because he is trying to use her for US immigration benefits. However, if he did not earn immigration legally, he is who possibly ruined (canceled) his own plans.

OP is a woman who has been cheated on and violated because someone possibly used her to break US federal immigration law, and it would be devastating, especially after all the time apart, to know that he was not waiting for her, he was waiting to enter the US. It’s not only devastating for that reason, but also because he was pretending to love her enough to get married while having a secret second life. Marriage is typically a lifetime decision, not an “until I enter the US” decision.

In my opinion, US immigration is a more difficult and lengthy process for legitimate people because of illegitimate people who think that they are entitled to come to the US any way possible, even through marriage fraud and scams.

She is asking for advice to have his immigration benefits cancelled and wants to physically keep him from getting his GC (criminal act). OP doesn't ask for constructive advice relating to her or husband's immigration but for destructive advice. That's not even what this message board is for. Cheating in marriage is not immigration fraud and the law won't bend to her whims.

VisaJourney is not your personal army to get info on how to make someone else's immigration harder. OP can file for divorce. Duh.

Edited by Alenx

On 6/18/2021 at 1:29 PM, femme25 said:

What can I do now because I rally don't want him to get his g.c....

I am so sorry you're having trouble delivering the punishment you want him to endure. You have my deepest sympathy. Visajourney will certainly point out proper ways for you to take revenge, if they exist legally.

Edited by Alenx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

All we know for certain is that he holds an unrestricted Green Card, anything else is speculation.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Alenx said:

Another thing we know is that the OP has an intent to find ways for her ex-ish husband not to receive said unrestricted Green Card. Which won't make a difference for the husband.

That is pretty common,  and usually pointless.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

On 6/18/2021 at 11:52 PM, Scandi said:

Doesn't matter what happens to his physical greencard, he's still a permanent resident whether you like it or not. The greencard is only the proof of his status, not the status itself. So for you to try to do something with the card would be both foolish and a crime, and it wouldn't make any difference to his immigration process other than a little more hassle to get a new card. 

You haven't mentioned that you have any kind of proof of immigration fraud, only infidelity. So I take it you don't have anything to prove to USCIS that fraud was committed? If so, don't spend another second thinking about his immigration process as there's nothing you can do, and it no longer has anything to do with you (other than you and any potential joint sponsor still being on the hook for the i-864).

Divorce and move on, and hope that he becomes a citizen as soon as he can so you're off the hook for the affidavit of support.  

If by infedelity you mean sleeping with someone, he didn't do it...I only caught him on 2 dating websites where he liked a few girls, so he's been looking into profiles around. I know he didn't sleep with anyone as he just moved here two an a half months ago and I give him ride to work and back each time and can see that his work team arrives all together and the rest of the times he's either home or we're out together so even if he wanted to sleep with someone, he can't at this point lol. However, after all I did for him over the years, I would never expect him to scroll through dating website profiles just a month or two after moving to the US. I'm not even sure the point as he doesn't even speak English besides a few basic phrases. 

Just now, femme25 said:

If by infedelity you mean sleeping with someone, he didn't do it...I only caught him on 2 dating websites where he liked a few girls, so he's been looking into profiles around. I know he didn't sleep with anyone as he just moved here two an a half months ago and I give him ride to work and back each time and can see that his work team arrives all together and the rest of the times he's either home or we're out together so even if he wanted to sleep with someone, he can't at this point lol. However, after all I did for him over the years, I would never expect him to scroll through dating website profiles just a month or two after moving to the US. I'm not even sure the point as he doesn't even speak English besides a few basic phrases. 

Did you also have such a firm surveillance on him when he was still outside the US?

On 6/18/2021 at 10:31 PM, Diane and Chris said:

Did you say he is no longer living with you?  If he has not filed a change of address, you should sent his GC back to USCIS when it arrives. If he has filed a COA, his GC will be forwarded to him by the Post Office. Good luck moving forward. 

So he is renting a room half an hour away closer to his work. He called me asking me if I can contact him once his g.c. arrives because he might find a new place later on and he doesn't trust the people he shares the home with, so he wants to get the card from me. He also said that even though this is th reason, but more important reason why he dosn't want to change the address is he still hopes that I'll tak him back so he doesn't want to end up messing with address changes then further complicate receiving his g.c. 

4 minutes ago, femme25 said:

So he is renting a room half an hour away closer to his work. He called me asking me if I can contact him once his g.c. arrives because he might find a new place later on and he doesn't trust the people he shares the home with, so he wants to get the card from me. He also said that even though this is th reason, but more important reason why he dosn't want to change the address is he still hopes that I'll tak him back so he doesn't want to end up messing with address changes then further complicate receiving his g.c. 

Well, I advise you better give him the card once it's delivered. Would be the ethical and legal thing to do. Even without good English on his part, you can get in major trouble for trying "to disappear" a legal document like that, just sayin'. :-)

2 hours ago, Alenx said:

Nice, trying to basically cancel someone's entire life for retaliatory reasons. I'm kind of glad his GC is for 10 years and you won't succeed. My advice is you get a grip. Generally speaking, cheating on a partner doesn't mean the relationship is not bona fide. and that's all the Immigration services care about. Withholding his GC from him would be way too much in my opinion (and it's also not for you to decide on the outcome of his interactions with the USCIS). It would also be ineffectual, because his status is independent from a piece of plastic.

If the relationship is broken, is it possible it is not only his fault?

a few people talked about infedielity and cheating...i never implied he had s*x but rather i caught him on two dating sites liking a few profiles....this after all i did for him and helped him a lto in life at his hardest and lowest times when I didn't have much money myself at that time but i made sure to help him...he got on a dating site a month or two after moving and starting our lives together. 

Just now, femme25 said:

a few people talked about infedielity and cheating...i never implied he had s*x but rather i caught him on two dating sites liking a few profiles....this after all i did for him and helped him a lto in life at his hardest and lowest times when I didn't have much money myself at that time but i made sure to help him...he got on a dating site a month or two after moving and starting our lives together. 

Could be any kind of reasons. Sex addiction, trying to blow off some steam from conflict in the relationship. That's all speculation. Are you trying to explain why you don't want him to receive his GC?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
9 minutes ago, femme25 said:

Tomato, tomâto. Some would certainly think of their husbands being on dating sites as infidelity, and you have no idea what he did while you were married before he moved to the US.

Either way, you don't seem to realize that immigration wise it doesn't matter if he dated one person online only or if he had sex with a hundred women - neither would be considered immigration fraud. So him cheating or not cheating on you is of zero importance in this instance, it only affects your relationship, not his immigration journey. 

Since this is not an immigration issue, there are probably better forums for you to look into in regards to self-healing, possible divorce advice or seeking help if you want to work things out. This is an immigration forum and your issue isn't an immigration issue, just a marriage issue at this point. 

Edited by Scandi

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

5 minutes ago, femme25 said:

It's also very possible that he just doesn't love you. And never has. But aside from such speculation, you won't get anywhere without proper evidence of immigration fraud. I think that could jeopardize him. Having sex with other women outside the US is not such evidence however, I think. Or, if you think he is prone to felony, he might get himself in trouble and you can then report him to authorities if you want. Felony convictions can mess up a Green Card holder. 

Anyways, good luck with your relationship! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.