femme25

Marriage fraud advice

60 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Sorry op, he's getting a 10 year green card and nothing you can do about it. Plus the green card is his personal property so you can't hold on to it. To add insult to injury, even if you divorce him you are still responsible for his affidavit of support sponsorship and any financial woes in incurs with the government. Unless at some point he is no longer a greencard holder. 

As others have said, just divorce and move on. Though you'll still be responsible for his financial sponsorship. All the best.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from General Immigration Discussion to the Effects of Major Changes forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Did you say he is no longer living with you?  If he has not filed a change of address, you should sent his GC back to USCIS when it arrives. If he has filed a COA, his GC will be forwarded to him by the Post Office. Good luck moving forward. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Doesn't matter what happens to his physical greencard, he's still a permanent resident whether you like it or not. The greencard is only the proof of his status, not the status itself. So for you to try to do something with the card would be both foolish and a crime, and it wouldn't make any difference to his immigration process other than a little more hassle to get a new card. 

You haven't mentioned that you have any kind of proof of immigration fraud, only infidelity. So I take it you don't have anything to prove to USCIS that fraud was committed? If so, don't spend another second thinking about his immigration process as there's nothing you can do, and it no longer has anything to do with you (other than you and any potential joint sponsor still being on the hook for the i-864).

Divorce and move on, and hope that he becomes a citizen as soon as he can so you're off the hook for the affidavit of support.  

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

11 hours ago, femme25 said:

Hi guys. I really need some help please. I got married overseas a few years back, but it's only 2 months ago that my husband moved to the US after obtaining his IV through the US consulate. Yesterday, only two months after, he left his phone behind, and while he was at work, I checked his phone and found that he's active not only on 1 dating website but a few others! There was also a profile of a female offering s*x in some dating site that I am not familiar with and there was a 'mutual like' between his and her profile. I am feeling really down because this was my 2nd marriage and it took just two months and I feel like a total failure and felt really hurt. I spent around $15K on him while he lived overseas as he became broke after a certain period and I was forced to also pay for our trips at the times we met overseas. Is this a ground for an annulemnt? All I have are his dating profile photos and the few photos of half naked women in his phone, plus that s*x profile where they both likd each other. I heard annulment is tough to get, so should I just file for a divorce instead of an annulment to save myself the energy and the headach?

P.S. Since he just moved to the US, his green card hasn't even arrived yet. I chckd his case status and it shows the day when we paid for his card which as April 1st, the day he entered the US. I asked him to leave so he's no longer living in my house, but he sure is beginning me to take him back. He now claims that he's only there because I am on facebook lol and how does he know if I'm not talking to men on FB. Mind you that my Fb profile is closed and you can only see my profile photo there, the rest are not for the public and I also ahd our mutual photos on Fb, so I don't se where the logic is in what he claims since I put up our family photos while his own FB doesn't have one single photo of us. 

What can I do now because I rally don't want him to get his g.c....

1) Should I go to court tomorrow and immediately try to get annulment and servie it to him?

2) an I contact USCIS and tell them not to send his g.c. to my address and explain why?

3) Should I not do anything right now, wait for his g.c. to arrive and not give it to him but rather print the datign site evidence, write a statement, and send the g.c. with the evidence back to whichever USCIS?

4) Will his 2 month living with me hurt his g.c. in the long run even if he manages to get his g.c. if it arrives soon?

What would be the best and most effective option for me? Again, after so many thousands of dollars lost, my 35-38 years wait time gone for thinking that I finally got married again, I really don't think he should be getting that card because I invested to much money and time into this relationship and helped him out with everything, and all I get is him on dating sites within two month...it could be even after he entered the US, but since I only discovered him a few days ago two month into our reunion as husband and wife, I am saying two month. Please help!!! 

This is so heartbreaking. How about you guys go for marriage counseling before taking the divorce route? Pray to the Lord to intervene in the situation. There’s nothing God can’t do. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

The only evidence of marriage fraud that USCIS is likely to do anything with is documentation such as emails, text messages, etc. in which he specifically talks about only marrying you for US immigration benefits, and that he would leave you shortly after his arrival in the US with a 10-year green card.  If you have no documentation like that, USCIS will most likely do nothing with a claim of online flirting.  If you have written evidence of his actual intent to commit marriage fraud, send it with an explanation to USCIS.  Divorce this loser and move on.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, carmel34 said:

The only evidence of marriage fraud that USCIS is likely to do anything with is documentation such as emails, text messages, etc. in which he specifically talks about only marrying you for US immigration benefits, and that he would leave you shortly after his arrival in the US with a 10-year green card.  If you have no documentation like that, USCIS will most likely do nothing with a claim of online flirting.  If you have written evidence, send it with an explanation to USCIS.  Divorce this loser and move on.  Good luck!

I agree.  Anyone who is smart enough to plan this kind of fraud is also smart enough to cover his tracks.  I think proving fraud will be difficult in the absence of specific admission of the crime.   

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

17 hours ago, femme25 said:

Hi guys. I really need some help please. I got married overseas a few years back, but it's only 2 months ago that my husband moved to the US after obtaining his IV through the US consulate. Yesterday, only two months after, he left his phone behind, and while he was at work, I checked his phone and found that he's active not only on 1 dating website but a few others! There was also a profile of a female offering s*x in some dating site that I am not familiar with and there was a 'mutual like' between his and her profile. I am feeling really down because this was my 2nd marriage and it took just two months and I feel like a total failure and felt really hurt. I spent around $15K on him while he lived overseas as he became broke after a certain period and I was forced to also pay for our trips at the times we met overseas. Is this a ground for an annulemnt? All I have are his dating profile photos and the few photos of half naked women in his phone, plus that s*x profile where they both likd each other. I heard annulment is tough to get, so should I just file for a divorce instead of an annulment to save myself the energy and the headach?

P.S. Since he just moved to the US, his green card hasn't even arrived yet. I chckd his case status and it shows the day when we paid for his card which as April 1st, the day he entered the US. I asked him to leave so he's no longer living in my house, but he sure is beginning me to take him back. He now claims that he's only there because I am on facebook lol and how does he know if I'm not talking to men on FB. Mind you that my Fb profile is closed and you can only see my profile photo there, the rest are not for the public and I also ahd our mutual photos on Fb, so I don't se where the logic is in what he claims since I put up our family photos while his own FB doesn't have one single photo of us. 

1) Should I go to court tomorrow and immediately try to get annulment and servie it to him?

2) an I contact USCIS and tell them not to send his g.c. to my address and explain why?

3) Should I not do anything right now, wait for his g.c. to arrive and not give it to him but rather print the datign site evidence, write a statement, and send the g.c. with the evidence back to whichever USCIS?

4) Will his 2 month living with me hurt his g.c. in the long run even if he manages to get his g.c. if it arrives soon?

What would be the best and most effective option for me? Again, after so many thousands of dollars lost, my 35-38 years wait time gone for thinking that I finally got married again, I really don't think he should be getting that card because I invested to much money and time into this relationship and helped him out with everything, and all I get is him on dating sites within two month...it could be even after he entered the US, but since I only discovered him a few days ago two month into our reunion as husband and wife, I am saying two month. Please help!!! 

Aww, I’m so sorry. I would contact USCIS or contact an attorney to see your options. I don’t really have the best advice, as I’m in a similar situation. This is my second marriage, both I petitioned for. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@femme25

I am very sorry you are going through this, and I too don’t want your husband to get his green card, but most of what others have said here is correct - what you described is not evidence of fraud...

Financially, too, it is in your best interest for him to become a citizen.

That being said, I do believe this was a case of Marriage fraud, and my sense of justice, wants him to not get a green card and be deported. I am sure you feel the same but a thousand times more so...

The most one can do though is to report to USCIS about what you suspect is fraud. Perhaps would help get on his file at least putting more burden on him to prove he married in good faith when he applied for citizenship.... this may only at best draw out his citizenship application, which again is not in your favour...

It’s tough....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe you should give the guy a break.  Its not easy being separated from your wife.  I'm not saying thats an excuse, and personally I wouldn't .. but men DO.  Its just a fact of life.
The damage is done.  He can get a job and pay his fair share of the expenses, the real damage has possibly already been done and you have little more to lose than you potentially 
already have if you give it a little more time.  If I were absolutely convinced it was marriage fraud, I would crucify someone over it.  Legal action, report to USCIS with all the evidence,
try to get deported, etc. But this isn't necessarily that.  He just married a stalker and she caught him.  My wife was a stalker too, and I appreciated it.  Meant she cared.  We were 100%
open with each other.  Unhid friends etc, theres a way to do that.

Nice, trying to basically cancel someone's entire life for retaliatory reasons. I'm kind of glad his GC is for 10 years and you won't succeed. My advice is you get a grip. Generally speaking, cheating on a partner doesn't mean the relationship is not bona fide. and that's all the Immigration services care about. Withholding his GC from him would be way too much in my opinion (and it's also not for you to decide on the outcome of his interactions with the USCIS). It would also be ineffectual, because his status is independent from a piece of plastic.

If the relationship is broken, is it possible it is not only his fault?

Edited by Alenx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
On 6/18/2021 at 2:29 PM, femme25 said:

Slow down. Is it something you can work out?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.