JoeBacon

Case FE Review Note Asking for W2/1099, Already Submitted...

11 posts in this topic

So today we got a Case FE Review Note from the NVC after submitting all our documents for a CR1 visa and waiting around 6 weeks, it said the following:

Please submit every 2020 W-2/1099 form for *PETITIONERS NAME*.

The thing which is confusing us is that we already submitted her 2020 1099 and it is marked as accepted. So we have no idea what to do now.

Can anyone help? We have tried phoning the NVC today, but couldn't get through (all operators are busy, then they hang up...).

Some further info which might  help: The petitioner (my wife) works for an online English school which is based in China, but also have a US office address, which is the address they listed on the 1099. Could this be the reason for the case note? Maybe they think that she works for a US company and therefore they expect a W2? When in fact it is a Chinese company and they will only issue a single 1099 MISC.

Is there something else we are missing here? Does anybody have any idea what this case note means in this situation? The use of the word 'every' kind of makes it seem like they are expecting multiple documents but she is a contracted worker so should only have a single 1099 per year right?

Edited by JoeBacon

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, JoeBacon said:

So today we got a Case FE Review Note from the NVC after submitting all our documents for a CR1 visa and waiting around 6 weeks, it said the following:

The thing which is confusing us is that we already submitted her 2020 1099 and it is marked as accepted. So we have no idea what to do now.

Can anyone help? We have tried phoning the NVC today, but couldn't get through (all operators are busy, then they hang up...).

Some further info which might  help: The petitioner (my wife) works for an online English school which is based in China, but also have a US office address, which is the address they listed on the 1099. Could this be the reason for the case note? Maybe they think that she works for a US company and therefore they expect a W2? When in fact it is a Chinese company and they will only issue a single 1099 MISC.

Is there something else we are missing here? Does anybody have any idea what this case note means in this situation? The use of the word 'every' kind of makes it seem like they are expecting multiple documents but she is a contracted worker so should only have a single 1099 per year right?

Submit the 1099 again. She is a self employed independent contractor if she gets a 1099-MISC. Only an “employee” gets a W2. She would have Schedule C and SE as part of her tax return. Did you submit those?

Anyway there have been several cases this year that got to interview in London and the interviewer said they could not see the W2. These were “employees” not “contractors”, but the same principle...wage statement was not appearing in the file. They had to leave and upload again and wait for the interviewer to get back to finishing up once they got it uploaded. Yes, they had already submitted to NVC and it showed up as accepted. A glitch in their system? Submit again.

The terminology is not specific to her personally. Submit “every” W2 or 1099 would be directed to people who work 2 or more jobs so get multiple wage statements.

Edited by Wuozopo

On 6/2/2021 at 8:28 AM, Wuozopo said:

Anyway there have been several cases this year that got to interview in London and the interviewer said they could not see the W2. These were “employees” not “contractors”, but the same principle...wage statement was not appearing in the file. They had to leave and upload again and wait for the interviewer to get back to finishing up once they got it uploaded. Yes, they had already submitted to NVC and it showed up as accepted. A glitch in their system? Submit again.

Thank you for your excellent advice, it is really appreciated!

After reading your reply we decided to call the NVC again to talk to them about it and finally managed to get through after a 2 hour hold! The lady on the phone said that it was actually an issue on their end, like you said! We also noticed that two of the joint sponsors documents were still showing as 'submitted' when everything else was 'accepted'.

On the phone they said the request for both the W2/1099 AND the documents still being marked as 'submitted' was an issue there end. She said that she could see all the documents had been reviewed and accepted and that perhaps somebody just forgot to mark a couple of them as accepted on the web portal.

It's all a bit crazy, she created a 'supervisor referral' but said it could take up to 6 weeks to fix this issue! Although she was hopeful it would be quicker.

Just leaving this here to say you were definitely right and thanks for the reply. Also, so that anybody who has this issue in future can see what happened with our case.

Thanks again!

On 6/2/2021 at 10:16 AM, more00 said:

After you submit it to them how long do you have to wait again please 

I think if you have to resubmit documents you go to the back of the queue again, so currently around 38 days I think?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
17 minutes ago, JoeBacon said:

Thank you for your excellent advice, it is really appreciated!

After reading your reply we decided to call the NVC again to talk to them about it and finally managed to get through after a 2 hour hold! The lady on the phone said that it was actually an issue on their end, like you said! We also noticed that two of the joint sponsors documents were still showing as 'submitted' when everything else was 'accepted'.

On the phone they said the request for both the W2/1099 AND the documents still being marked as 'submitted' was an issue there end. She said that she could see all the documents had been reviewed and accepted and that perhaps somebody just forgot to mark a couple of them as accepted on the web portal.

It's all a bit crazy, she created a 'supervisor referral' but said it could take up to 6 weeks to fix this issue! Although she was hopeful it would be quicker.

Just leaving this here to say you were definitely right and thanks for the reply. Also, so that anybody who has this issue in future can see what happened with our case.

Thanks again!

I think if you have to resubmit documents you go to the back of the queue again, so currently around 38 days I think?

Ooh okay thank you still waiting 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 11:09 AM, JoeBacon said:

Just a final update to this topic for future reference of anyone experiencing the same issue.

Today we received the email letting us know that we are now documentarily qualified!

So it was in fact a glitch on their end. We did not have to submit further documents. We phoned the NVC phoneline and the person we spoke to created a 'supervisor referral' because she believed that the mistake was on their end. She said the supervisor would take a look at it as soon as possible, which could take up to 6 weeks, but is usually a lot quicker.

Roughly a week later we got the notice that all documents were approved and we are documentarily qualified. We did not need to take any further action, did not submit any new documents, and did not 'go to the back of the queue', so to speak.

Good luck to anyone who experiences the same issue, hope this information helps!

Hi! I have the same issue, but also what I am worry the most is that the summary information when a I logged in to CEAC says the following:

"Due to the numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law, this petition is not eligible for further processing at this time. The National Visa Center (NVC) will retain the petition until an immigrant visa becomes available. The NVC will notify the petitioner, principal applicant, or attorney of record when this petition is eligible for further processing. The principal applicant should not make any firm plans such as disposing of property, giving up jobs, or making travel arrangements at this time"

My question to you is that if you also had this message in you summary information when received the Case FE Review Note? 

THANK YOU any information is really appreciated!

Timeline
14 minutes ago, wendyc.cruz@gmail said:

Hi! I have the same issue, but also what I am worry the most is that the summary information when a I logged in to CEAC says the following:

"Due to the numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law, this petition is not eligible for further processing at this time. The National Visa Center (NVC) will retain the petition until an immigrant visa becomes available. The NVC will notify the petitioner, principal applicant, or attorney of record when this petition is eligible for further processing. The principal applicant should not make any firm plans such as disposing of property, giving up jobs, or making travel arrangements at this time"

My question to you is that if you also had this message in you summary information when received the Case FE Review Note? 

THANK YOU any information is really appreciated!

What is your visa type?

You haven’t created a profile or timeline on this website. It would be really helpful to those answering your questions if you would do that. 

4 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

What is your visa type?

You haven’t created a profile or timeline on this website. It would be really helpful to those answering your questions if you would do that. 

its F11, whats weird is that my priority is not current its actually june 2017, but two month ago NVC enable my case to pay and do all the steps, I submitted all documents 30 days ago and today I got an email with Case FE Review Note requesting the same. But when I logged in the summary information says what I describe before and no longer appear my petionner nor my co sponsor, only me and status says "complete"

Timeline
3 hours ago, wendyc.cruz@gmail said:

its F11, whats weird is that my priority is not current its actually june 2017, but two month ago NVC enable my case to pay and do all the steps, I submitted all documents 30 days ago and today I got an email with Case FE Review Note requesting the same. But when I logged in the summary information says what I describe before and no longer appear my petionner nor my co sponsor, only me and status says "complete"

Sounds like a mistake. Call them. 

• 9 months later...

Hey folks, 

i have a question regarding CR1 visa. We have added my second mom as a joint sponsor and she is retired, NVC asking us to submit every 2020 1099 form, could you please anyone help us with what this form means ? From where we can get it ? And why they are asking for it ? As per our understanding that form related to only independent contractors which is not the case with me second mom, appreciate all answers and help. 

Bashar,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.