Zowky

Processing times question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

We are awaiting for approval of our I-751. Our receipt starts with SRC. However it has been transferred several times (Texas to NBC to CA back to NBC). Because it starts with SRC, do we look up the Texas processing times? Or because it was transferred to NBC we follow "all field offices?". 

Thank you! 

I don’t think anyone can actually have a clear and accurate answer for you since there are 200 million factors playing in this so called processing time. My personal opinion is that you’re lucky that you started at SRC. They actually do things and that’s why you see there’s at least movement. Too many folks stuck at other centers for months and easily over a year and don’t see one single movement. 

Timeline

We applied in May 2020. I'm trying to figure out of we need to submit a case inquiry. SRC's new receipt date for inquiry is June 2020, so if we still count as SRC then we are already outside normal processing times. I just wasn't sure if all the case transfers/jurisdiction changes meant that SRC was no longer service center. I guess we can try to call and ask.

@Zowky,

hi there!

Since you have your application at NBC, and have an interview scheduled, you should look at the "all field offices" section. I actually was also confused to look in texas or all field offices, I too am an SRC filer in Nov 2018.

Usually, all divorce waiver cases may go via NBC for interview scheduling, and then physcially remain there until local office schedules an interview.

I had sent an inquiry via my local congressperson and USCIS got back to them with a detailed explanation, they said that physically the case file is still at NBC, but case has been transferred to my local field office and is awaiting an interview date, once that happens they will physically move the case file as well to the local office. They specifically mentioned to monitor the processing time under the "all field offices" section. Hope this helps!

Just today the worse case time for local office adjudication is 35 months. Until yesterday it was 29months. If your receipt date is before May 2018, you can inquire, but will be of no use, they will send the generic response that we already know, that once local office schedules case, it will send us a mail with the date and time.

All the best!

Edited by ie1059

Timeline
On 4/23/2021 at 9:19 PM, ie1059 said:

@Zowky,

hi there!

Since you have your application at NBC, and have an interview scheduled, you should look at the "all field offices" section. I actually was also confused to look in texas or all field offices, I too am an SRC filer in Nov 2018.

Usually, all divorce waiver cases may go via NBC for interview scheduling, and then physcially remain there until local office schedules an interview.

I had sent an inquiry via my local congressperson and USCIS got back to them with a detailed explanation, they said that physically the case file is still at NBC, but case has been transferred to my local field office and is awaiting an interview date, once that happens they will physically move the case file as well to the local office. They specifically mentioned to monitor the processing time under the "all field offices" section. Hope this helps!

Just today the worse case time for local office adjudication is 35 months. Until yesterday it was 29months. If your receipt date is before May 2018, you can inquire, but will be of no use, they will send the generic response that we already know, that once local office schedules case, it will send us a mail with the date and time.

All the best!

Hi there!

So as an update, we called USCIS and were able to speak with a rep. We explained our situation, and he said that because our receipt number starts with SRC, we follow SRC processing time even though it was transferred to NBC. So he filed a case inquiry for us for being outside of processing time.

Well, I guess he was wrong because my husband received an email that says we are still within standard processing time. I'm not sure why the person on the phone had incorrect information. I'm not sure what we do next other than just wait. We can apply for his citizenship in May so hopefully that helps move the process along.

We don't have any interview scheduled. Our case status just says that it's been transferred. We are married and filed jointly. We had an interview when my husband adjusted his status. I guess we are maybe the unlucky SRC people that aren't moving at a lightning pace. If it's at NBC are we guaranteed an interview? We are fine either way, just frustrated and tired. 

No RFE sent to us, but my husband's parents received one. I guess when his parents' received their green cards they applied for my husband as well. But they responded to the RFE and cancelled the filling and explained. Could this be why it is taking so long and why we've been transferred so many times?

Thanks everyone. I hope we all get approved soon and this waiting ends.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.