penny065

Post K-1 interview - Embassy holding onto passport 3

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline

Our Embassy resumed K1 visa processing recently and my Fiancé had a second interview. They asked him to re-submit the DS-5535 for Admin Processing (we have submitted it twice previously) and they held on to his passport. It's now been over 3 weeks since his interview. I was wondering if this is normal and/or if anyone has had a similar experience? I'm just a bit wary since they previously lost our DS-5535 paperwork following the first interview. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, penny065 said:

Our Embassy resumed K1 visa processing recently and my Fiancé had a second interview. They asked him to re-submit the DS-5535 for Admin Processing (we have submitted it twice previously) and they held on to his passport. It's now been over 3 weeks since his interview. I was wondering if this is normal and/or if anyone has had a similar experience? I'm just a bit wary since they previously lost our DS-5535 paperwork following the first interview. 

Just my two cents.  If they are holding onto his passport, this is a good sign.  I am not sure how many others they are processing at the same time, but all you can do is wait until they send everything back with the stamp.  This sounds like good news and I will wait until you receive the news.  I cannot say "I will wait until next week" as I have no clue how long it will take.  But at least you are on the home stretch of the visa approval process and not waiting on your NOA-2.  Your situation is actually very encouraging!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Its really not a case of the embassy loosing  documents as much as it is they are not labeled so the embassy knows what case they go to

Documents should have the case #.,  both names and both DOB's on each and every page in the upper right hand corner before you scan or mail them

if you've ever worked in an office and waited for papers to come in on a printer ,   you know that they come in mixed up with papers from other sources trying to fax to your office at the same time 

Label each sheet so the officer knows they belong to your case

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.