David Balos

Category changed from IR-2 to F11?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

So let's start with the fact that my petition was filed a month before I was turning 21. (almost 2 years ago) Throughout the whole process I was advised that my category was going to be IR-2 and it was. My petition was USCIS approved and then I got DQed in May 2020. I had my interview scheduled for October 2020 at the London Embassy, I have gone through the medical examination and vaccinations which have been paid for and then a day before my interview the US Embassy in London called me and advised me not to come to the interview because I was affected by the Trump proclamations.

Recently I have logged into the NVC CEAC and realized that my Visa Category have changed from IR-2 to F11. I thought my age should freeze at the time of the application and I shouldn't age out.

Obviously I am worried on how long this process is going to take as this isn't IR-2 but F11.

I have already submitted the NVC Contact Form to advise that the category shouldn't been changed to F11.

This whole process created so much stress and loss of money considering my police certificates have expired as well as the medical examination.

Can you please help? Did you guys came across this?

I appreciate any help, have a great day.

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2021 at 5:57 AM, David Balos said:

Hi Everyone,

So let's start with the fact that my petition was filed a month before I was turning 21. (almost 2 years ago) Throughout the whole process I was advised that my category was going to be IR-2 and it was. My petition was USCIS approved and then I got DQed in May 2020. I had my interview scheduled for October 2020 at the London Embassy, I have gone through the medical examination and vaccinations which have been paid for and then a day before my interview the US Embassy in London called me and advised me not to come to the interview because I was affected by the Trump proclamations.

Recently I have logged into the NVC CEAC and realized that my Visa Category have changed from IR-2 to F11. I thought my age should freeze at the time of the application and I shouldn't age out.

Obviously I am worried on how long this process is going to take as this isn't IR-2 but F11.

I have already submitted the NVC Contact Form to advise that the category shouldn't been changed to F11.

This whole process created so much stress and loss of money considering my police certificates have expired as well as the medical examination.

Hi ! any update to your case ? We have same issue 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, paulzxc said:

Hi ! any update to your case ? We have same issue 

Hi!

Yes, I spoke with my lawyer and I am quoting her email: "You are absolutely right, the embassy made a mistake when it changed your category from Immediate Relative (IR-2) to a family preference-based category (F-11). Your age was frozen when your step-mother filed an immigrant petition on your behalf, as such you are still an immediate relative and an immigrant visa should be available to you now."

We are now trying to get hold of the embassy. I already tried contacting them but had no reply. I got my lawyer to contact the embassy so hopefully we will hear back something soon about changing the visa class back to IR-2.

Hope this helps :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/14/2021 at 5:57 AM, David Balos said:

Hi Everyone,

Hi ! Any update to your case?!! I have same issue!

Timeline
On 6/13/2021 at 6:48 AM, Tony2 said:

Hi ! Any update to your case?!! I have same issue!

My lawyer sent a request to the embassy to change my visa class to the correct one and requested immediate interview.

Currently waiting for the embassy

thanks,

Timeline
On 6/16/2021 at 3:49 PM, David Balos said:

My lawyer sent a request to the embassy to change my visa class to the correct one and requested immediate interview.

Currently waiting for the embassy

thanks,

Hi all,

I recieved an email to reschedule the interview today

thanks,

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Tony2 said:

Congratulations!! Me too i have schedule,, so I updated all the documents specially the medical exam to avoid any 221g issues 

Yes me too I am getting all the documents ready

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2021 at 9:06 PM, David Balos said:

Hi all,

I recieved an email to reschedule the interview today

thanks,

Hi plz any update did the embassy changed the visa class back to ir2

On 6/21/2021 at 9:11 PM, Tony2 said:

Congratulations!! Me too i have schedule,, so I updated all the documents specially the medical exam to avoid any 221g issues 

What did you do pro 🥺

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

as the op has not logged in for 1.5 years, this thread is now locked.

if one has questions pertaining to the topic, please start a new thread.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.