fem_femme

Immigrant Visa Status Question

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys. My spouse was approved last week and although I had registered at a pick up location the passport was supposed to have been picked up according to the Embassy's instructions, at the end of the interview, the CO told my spouse to pick up the passport at the Embassy and not teh location the Embassy tells you to register on their website. Spouse was told to pick up passport tomorrow at 1pm at the Embassy and I just checked the status of his visa/passport, and it says "ready" and the last update was on the day of his interview. In the instructions, I read that "ready" means that spouse is scheduled for interview, so I'm confused now. Has anyone encountered "ready" status and what does that mean because I read that it's supposed to say "pick up" for you to pick up the passport although eh was given an exact day and time to go back to the Embassy for the passport. Can anyone explain this to me as we are both confused. I thought ready meant as if the passport is ready but I guess not. If spouse is supposed to pick up passport tomorrow at 1pm, shouldn't the status already say "pick up" as thre's just a day left? Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I can't help you with your semantics question, but since you were given exact instructions I wouldn't worry about the details of it and just follow what they say to do. As you may know by now, this whole process is anything but clear. Trying to affix rhyme or reason to everything might drive you mad.

You got through the big hurdles! Why sweat the small stuff? Congrats on your success 🥳

👐

Patience......patience.

23 minutes ago, neca said:

I can't help you with your semantics question, but since you were given exact instructions I wouldn't worry about the details of it and just follow what they say to do. As you may know by now, this whole process is anything but clear. Trying to affix rhyme or reason to everything might drive you mad.

You got through the big hurdles! Why sweat the small stuff? Congrats on your success 🥳

thank you...i only worried because everyone seems to be picking up their passports based on the status and my spouse's status doesn't indicate pick up even though he is supposed to do it tomorrow. Can I also ask, once he enters the US, since he doesn't have an actual green card in his posession yet, is he supposed to go directly to the tourist visa border control or the us citizen/gren card/canadian citizen border control? My spouse asked me this and I have no idea. Which lane did immigrants with CR-1 status approach?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
2 hours ago, fem_femme said:

since he doesn't have an actual green card in his posession yet, is he supposed to go directly to the tourist visa border control or the us citizen/gren card/canadian citizen border control?

Since he is not yet a US Citizen or has a green card, I imagine that he goes to the non-citizen/tourist visa line, but I'm not too sure so hopefully someone will either correct me or affirm what I've said.

I think that if you're traveling with him you both can be in the citizen line, but if he will be coming in alone, his visa is only used to get him through the Point of Entry/will later get him a greencard, so he will go in the non-citizen/tourist line. If you can't get a better answer then mine, he can definitely ask the "wrangler" that is invariably there to help queue people; I'm sure they will know where to direct him.

👐

Patience......patience.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.