SJordanS

Just did Biometrics yesterday. Too soon to request Expedite of EAD?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

So my husband received a GREAT job offer. He already has a social security number. He just did his biometrics yesterday after waiting only 7 weeks. Before my question, here is my timeline:

1/7/21 -  Mailed AOLS pkg. Adjusted from K1. Sent I-485 & 765

1/27/21 -  NOA1 for I-485 and Rejection of I-765 for filing on older edition. 

2/8/21 -  Mailed new I-765

2/20/21 - BIOMETRICS SCHEDULED (less than 20 days from NOA1)

3/10/21 - EAD updated into USCIS system and receipt text to me

3/18/21 - Completed biometrics

3/19/21 - USCIS emailed action on case which basically states USCIS is reviewing his case

My husband received a great job offer and they want to hire him as soon as his AOS is completed. He wants to lessen burden on me and help but also wants to be a taxpayer and start paying into his own social security. IS IT TOO SOON TO REQUEST AN EXPEDITE?  I have heard in this very forum in the past that its risky to request it. How can it harm us? Thanks for feedback. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

10685284_10203853223303551_1747007237_n.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, SJordanS said:

So my husband received a GREAT job offer. He already has a social security number. He just did his biometrics yesterday after waiting only 7 weeks. Before my question, here is my timeline:

3/19/21 - USCIS emailed action on case which basically states USCIS is reviewing his case

My husband received a great job offer and they want to hire him as soon as his AOS is completed. He wants to lessen burden on me and help but also wants to be a taxpayer and start paying into his own social security. IS IT TOO SOON TO REQUEST AN EXPEDITE?  I have heard in this very forum in the past that its risky to request it. How can it harm us? Thanks for feedback. 

You could have requested an expedite the moment it was filed.  Not sure about the nonsense you've abouts heard about being harmed.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

You could have requested an expedite the moment it was filed.  Not sure about the nonsense you've abouts heard about being harmed.

Not sure either. But I plan on calling USCIS in a bit. Thank you!

8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 hour ago, SJordanS said:

you can request expedited. It is up to USCIS to decide if your case is expedited or not 

duh

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, SJordanS said:

Not sure either. But I plan on calling USCIS in a bit. Thank you!

You must mean on Monday cuz they are already closed for today 

YMMV

*** One noncontributing and bashing post removed. Post constuctively.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

On 3/19/2021 at 3:57 PM, SJordanS said:

Thanks for asking this question. We have asked for expedition on our case before through our congressman for the K1, but idk if it harmed our case in any way at all. 

I was wondering if we should do the same for EAD for the same obvious reasons as your husband has. We probably will ask our congressman's help once more because this is taking too long already.. On USCIS' website it shows more than 4 months for EAD..  I just received the text message with our case numbers for AOS and EAD. Once I get the paper NOA1, I will ask for expedition also. 

A question for you: How many pictures did you send with your AOS and EAD package? 

Would be great if you update here. 

Timeline
On 3/20/2021 at 5:10 PM, bebifa said:

Thanks for asking this question. We have asked for expedition on our case before through our congressman for the K1, but idk if it harmed our case in any way at all. 

I was wondering if we should do the same for EAD for the same obvious reasons as your husband has. We probably will ask our congressman's help once more because this is taking too long already.. On USCIS' website it shows more than 4 months for EAD..  I just received the text message with our case numbers for AOS and EAD. Once I get the paper NOA1, I will ask for expedition also. 

A question for you: How many pictures did you send with your AOS and EAD package? 

Would be great if you update here. 

I did not send any pics the AOS package. Just what they asked for. II have uploaded pics onto a document tab on USCIS website along with evidence and plan to bring it to the interview. I am waiting for an email as I was told by the USCIS rep that I should expect an email to fax evidence for the expedited EAD. Once I know hear more I will come back and updated.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
On 3/19/2021 at 3:24 PM, payxibka said:

You must mean on Monday cuz they are already closed for today 

No I called at 4:30 and they were open and told me they are opened until 8pm

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there, may I ask how you were able to get your biometrics done so quickly after you filed for AOS after coming on a K1? I've seen that people are waiting over 6 months just for a biometrics appointment. Also how did your husband apply for jobs while waiting for EAD? I know they usually ask if you have work authorization on a job application.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
On 4/7/2021 at 11:28 AM, SJordanS said:

UPDATED MY TIMELINE. EAD Approved!!! 

that's great.  Can you please take a moment to share any insights and advice you have that might help others here get their biometrics and EAD as quickly as you did?  Thanks!

Timeline
On 4/11/2021 at 8:58 AM, David and Anna said:

that's great.  Can you please take a moment to share any insights and advice you have that might help others here get their biometrics and EAD as quickly as you did?  Thanks!

Yes, basically I did a search right here on VJ on how to expedite. There was a poster who posted his success story and I basically took the same draft of his request letter and made it my own. Of course I included the job proposal letter (very important of course) and explained with everything going on in the world, we are fortunate to even have a job offer especially with no certainty on what this year brings. Also in him being able to get EAD, it will also enable him to get his drivers license here in CA. He can start working Uber in the evenings after work. Lots of opportunity. He will then be a taxpayer as the rest of us are. When we made the request over the phone we had to wait for the email which told us exactly what to fax in. We faxed it and it only took 5 days. I believe that him having a social security may have helped. At least thats my opinion. Good Luck. 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

On 4/15/2021 at 10:26 AM, SJordanS said:

Yes, basically I did a search right here on VJ on how to expedite. There was a poster who posted his success story and I basically took the same draft of his request letter and made it my own. Of course I included the job proposal letter (very important of course) and explained with everything going on in the world, we are fortunate to even have a job offer especially with no certainty on what this year brings. Also in him being able to get EAD, it will also enable him to get his drivers license here in CA. He can start working Uber in the evenings after work. Lots of opportunity. He will then be a taxpayer as the rest of us are. When we made the request over the phone we had to wait for the email which told us exactly what to fax in. We faxed it and it only took 5 days. I believe that him having a social security may have helped. At least thats my opinion. Good Luck. 

Congrats to you!! Did you have to do anything to get the biometrics appointment set up or did you just wait for that part? Thanks! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/15/2021 at 8:26 AM, SJordanS said:

Hi, 

Can you link the poster who you referenced so we can take a look? Do you need to wait for the biometrics letter in the mail or can you set it up ahead of time? Thanks for your help. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.