nancies

Sudan ( Am i doing it correct ?)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

So I want to Khartoum ,Sudan  and married my sweetheart of 9 years . We applied for a K1 visa several years ago and was not approved .  

I need some support from you guys . I am gearing up to apply again for a spousal visa and really don't even know where to start . Any help will be appreciated , even if its someone in the same boat . 

Anybody from Sudan or has applied to a spousal visa  from there ?

1 hour ago, nancies said:

So I want to Khartoum ,Sudan  and married my sweetheart of 9 years . We applied for a K1 visa several years ago and was not approved .  

I need some support from you guys . I am gearing up to apply again for a spousal visa and really don't even know where to start . Any help will be appreciated , even if its someone in the same boat . 

Anybody from Sudan or has applied to a spousal visa  from there ?

It won't be a K3 for you, those are no longer a thing.  It will be a CR-1.  I suggest you read the guides here, and read and research as much as you can about the entire process.   As you may have learned from your K-1 experience, it is not fast, cheap or easy.  It may take a couple of years.

You will definitely want to address the reasons for the K-1 denial, as that can also lead to a CR-1 denial.  Other than it being Sudan, do you have red flags?  Differences in age/religion etc?

Sudan is a high fraud country, so you will need lots of visits and time spent in person to overcome that.

On the other hand, having applied for a k1 a few years back and now marrying the same person does point to length of relationship and is a positive. 

Read the guides at the top of the page too

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

Thank you to all that replied . I don't know why the K1 was not approved . Anyone know how I find out ?

Also only 1 year apart in age .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.