Abdoon

Sponsor does not meet minimum income requirements

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malawi
Timeline

Hi all, I'm sponsoring my mom and dad and today I received this message
"This case does not meet the minimum income requirement to sponsor the intending immigrants. To avoid delays, an additional Affidavit of Support Form I-864 from a joint sponsor may be submitted. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos. The consular officer will make a decision regarding this requirement at the time of the interview. For more information, please visit https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p. If joint sponsor is used to assist in sponsoring the intended immigrants, please note that a Form I-864EZ may not be used and a Form I-864 must be submitted, if it has not been already."

I submitted both AOS on August 2020 using my 2019 tax transcripts, I only made about 20k on 2019 but after graduating from college on 2020 I got a job on June 2020 and my salary raised to 75k. I have uploaded my current pay stubs, verification letter from my employment and I'm waiting for my 2020 tax transcript so that I can add I can add to AOS Supporting Documentation. I just want to know if I still need to find a co sponsor even though my salary is above the poverty guidelines. Please let me know. Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It would help your case to get the joint sponsor 

although you now make enough,  the job is relatively new 

It will, of course,  depend on the CO at time of the interview but if you have a possibility of one ,  i would ask and submit the I 864 with his/her IRS transcript

you should also look into the cost of health care insurance or find out if they can be added to your work insurance /  just for your own interests and in case they ask for this /  it is more normal in cases of CR1 as are able to work as soon as entering US but if your parents have no interest in a job or are senior citizens,  this is important

Timeline
23 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

It would help your case to get the joint sponsor 

although you now make enough,  the job is relatively new 

It will, of course,  depend on the CO at time of the interview but if you have a possibility of one ,  i would ask and submit the I 864 with his/her IRS transcript

you should also look into the cost of health care insurance or find out if they can be added to your work insurance /  just for your own interests and in case they ask for this /  it is more normal in cases of CR1 as are able to work as soon as entering US but if your parents have no interest in a job or are senior citizens,  this is important

Thank you for your input JeanneAdil, I will do whatever it takes to find a joint sponsor. I can add my parents to my work insurance so that's not an issue for now, thanks for pointing that out. My dad (56 years old) is willing to work as soon as he enters the US, in the other hand, my mom (52 years old) she is a planning to come visit for a couple months and go back to Morocco.  

12 minutes ago, Abdoon said:

in the other hand, my mom (52 years old) she is a planning to come visit for a couple months and go back to Morocco.  

? So why get her a green card? Does she plan to return to the US permanently at some stage?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

? So why get her a green card? Does she plan to return to the US permanently at some stage?

Yes, she will be back to the states to live with me permanently. 

16 minutes ago, Abdoon said:

Yes, she will be back to the states to live with me permanently. 

So the more relevant answer is whether she eventually plans to work or not?

Also curious as to what type of company you work for, being able to add parents to health insurance is unusual, I have heard of it for health companies though 

Edited by SusieQQQ

37 minutes ago, Abdoon said:

I can add my parents to my work insurance so that's not an issue for now, thanks for pointing that out.

You sure about that?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

So the more relevant answer is whether she eventually plans to work or not?

Also curious as to what type of company you work for, being able to add parents to health insurance is unusual, I have heard of it for health companies though 

No she's not planning to work. 

I'm a U.S. Navy submarine Officer. 

14 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

You sure about that?

Yes, I'm positive!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

You sure about that?

I would question that also

some policies allow to add people you are responsible for (under strict guidelines)  but the premium is too high for most of us

and most don't

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.