pantherboy

USCIS letter a few weeks before I 751 process

14 posts in this topic

Hello all, my wife received her GC back in 2019 and we are only a couple of weeks away from filing the I 751.

But today, thanks to USPS Informed Delivery, I know that a letter from USCIS is coming later on today. I'm very worried. 

Do you guys know what that might be? And why is it coming at this point in the process (she's has no pending file or anything like that)?

If I remember correctly I got a letter reminding me that it was nearly time to file I 751

Everything crossed for a smooth and stress free journey

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I predict it will NOT be bad news......it is probably a reminder to file the I-751.  Some people get reminders...some don't.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

10 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

I predict it will NOT be bad news......

Good to hear.

I'm pretty paranoid and I even called the 1-800 number to see if my wife's A number is in removal proceedings...

I have every thing ready for I 751, just waiting for the right date to send it off. This letter shocked me quite a bit.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, pantherboy said:

I thought USCIS doesn't do that and it's up to us to remember when to file the petition. 

Or they still do but it's pretty rare.

Some people get reminders....some people (like my wife) don't........

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

We got a reminder letter from USCIS  a few weeks before the conditional green card expired most likely what it is. 

K1 Visa Arrived USA July 2017

Married August 2017

AOS Approved July 2018

Filed for i751 joint application May 2020

Fingerprints reused October 2020, and February 2021 and June 2021 (Yes 3 fingerprint notices)

Case move to National Benefits Center December 2020 for quicker processing from California Service Center

Oct 2021 out of processing time inquiry made, response May 5th 2022 that our i751 case will be addressed at our n400 interview

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento

Approved June 08, 2022

Filed for Naturalization May 2021

Fingerprints reused May 2021

Combo interview May 16th 2022, in Sacramento, 

Approved June 08, 2022

Oath Ceremony completed June 29th 2022

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

We just got a reminder letter this year in January that was  just 1 month before our 90 day window opens. It is probably reminder letter, don't worry...

Removal of Conditions

02/06/2021: Filed and package sent

02/10/2021: Received by USCIS

03/18/2021: NOA 1

07/01/2021: Biometrics waived

09/27/2011: Case approved, no interview (K1 visa)

Service Center: WAC

4 hours ago, pantherboy said:

I can confirm that it is the reminder to file I-751. 

It's weird that this was sent to my old home address even with AR-11 already submitted a while ago. 

USCIS is notoriously delinquent at getting the address changes put through in a timely manner.

Great news that it is nothing bad though!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, pantherboy said:

I can confirm that it is the reminder to file I-751. 

It's weird that this was sent to my old home address even with AR-11 already submitted a while ago. 

It would be weirder if they'd actually gotten the address right. AR-11 are pretty useless in my experience, they send everything related to the green card to the address in the application. Like people don't move.🙄

On 2/23/2021 at 5:31 AM, Mollie09 said:

It would be weirder if they'd actually gotten the address right. AR-11 are pretty useless in my experience, they send everything related to the green card to the address in the application. Like people don't move.🙄

After doing some research on this forum, yeh, it's pretty common that people still have their notices sent to old address.

I guess I'll file the I-751 with new/current address and hopefully everything will be updated by then.

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I got the reminder after submitting the I751 (only by a couple of days) but they sent it to my old old address despite me doing an AR11 twice lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I'm convinced the address they have for the person and the address for the application are kept totally separate, and the AR-11 only updates the former and never the latter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.