5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, 

I have couple of questions and I hope you guys can help. 

• My daughter is schedule for her interview in the US Embassy in the Philippines on February 19. I won't be there to accompany her but my mom would be there. Would that be a problem?
  • On the letter it states "No other applicants and no petitioners will be allowed entry". That means she'll be alone inside the embassy. How long does it usually take? 
  • What could possibly be the interview questions?
  • I read she has to hand carry all documents in original form. I filed online and of course I have the original supplemental documents such as my naturalization certificate and passport. Would a colored photocopy suffice?
  • How long did the Medical examination took for both day 1 and 2?
  • Is my mom considered as a legal guardian to accompany my daughter in her medical?

Thank you all in advance. 

How old is your daughter? If she is a minor your mom can accompany her to the interview per Manila embassy guidelines 

”Applicants may bring ONE person to help if they are elderly, disabled, or a minor child.”  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MNL-Manila.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

How old is your daughter? If she is a minor your mom can accompany her to the interview per Manila embassy guidelines 

”Applicants may bring ONE person to help if they are elderly, disabled, or a minor child.”  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MNL-Manila.html

She is 13. Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
9 hours ago, jarj said:

Hello, 

I have couple of questions and I hope you guys can help. 

• My daughter is schedule for her interview in the US Embassy in the Philippines on February 19. I won't be there to accompany her but my mom would be there. Would that be a problem?
  • On the letter it states "No other applicants and no petitioners will be allowed entry". That means she'll be alone inside the embassy. How long does it usually take? 
  • What could possibly be the interview questions?
  • I read she has to hand carry all documents in original form. I filed online and of course I have the original supplemental documents such as my naturalization certificate and passport. Would a colored photocopy suffice?
  • How long did the Medical examination took for both day 1 and 2?
  • Is my mom considered as a legal guardian to accompany my daughter in her medical?

Thank you all in advance. 

1.  No

2.  Answered by other poster

3.  Age appropriate 

4.  Originals of her documents not the petitioner 

5.  Depends on how busy.  Typically 3 to 4 hours and 1 to 2 on day 2 (recent reports indicate that SLEC is getting everything done in a single day).

6.  Should be

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I hope it helps. NG

1.    Accompanying persons

Attorneys are not permitted to accompany clients into the waiting room or to their interview. The following persons may accompany a visa applicant to their interview:

• Applicants may bring ONE interpreter if they do not speak English or Filipino well enough for an interview.
  • Applicants may bring ONE person to help if they are elderly, disabled, or a minor child.

2.       I think that for a minor with a complete and approved documentation questions might be very simple. Names, DOB, School attended. Perhaps the last time you have seen your parents. Interview should be than 15 minutes or less.

3.       Pre interview checklist: You can find all the steps and documentation needed related to your case.

U.S. Embassy Manila, Philippines - MNL (state.gov)

4.       FOR MEDICAL:

St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic Ermita, Manila (slec.ph).

5.       She can be the guardian.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.