gronk

K1 NVC letter for Turkey/Trying to schedule interview

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello,

My fiancé and I are trying to schedule our K1 interview with the Turkish embassy and I have not received the letter from the NVC yet.  As of January 4th, the Turkish embassy has started to process K1 visas (https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/).

We have filled out the DS-160, and I believe we are ready to pay our fees and schedule our interview.  I contacted the NVC today and they informed me that the embassy has not requested any K1 visas for processing yet.  Is this process correct, I feel like we are stuck in a loop as the US embassy scheduling service has told us that we need to contact the NVC and the NVC is telling me to wait for the embassy to contact them.  Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It may be they are doing K1 interviews for the packets that have been on hold in the embassy since the spring of 2020 or if any people are getting approved,  it is the ones who have been going thru AP for the past year

and they are not requesting new packets till they are done with all the "on holds" there 

I looked at your embassy site and there is no news of new interviews at this time

all you can do is wait as there are still many travel restrictions because of covid 

and be patient as this is only the beginning of wait and wait some more for all the immigration processes you are just starting

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
49 minutes ago, gronk said:

Hello,

My fiancé and I are trying to schedule our K1 interview with the Turkish embassy and I have not received the letter from the NVC yet.  As of January 4th, the Turkish embassy has started to process K1 visas (https://tr.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/).

We have filled out the DS-160, and I believe we are ready to pay our fees and schedule our interview.  I contacted the NVC today and they informed me that the embassy has not requested any K1 visas for processing yet.  Is this process correct, I feel like we are stuck in a loop as the US embassy scheduling service has told us that we need to contact the NVC and the NVC is telling me to wait for the embassy to contact them.  Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks!

Your status on ceac needs to show "READY" in order to interview 

YMMV

If you check ceac.state.gov and use "immigrate" for your visa type, you'll see the results which will tell you everything. I have detailed instructions in my PDF. 

Join us in the SEPTEMBER 2020 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY thread and download the PDF file on the first post of the first page for tips, tricks, and hacks to follow your case to the embassy. I'll post both links below:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/746671-september-2020-k-1-noa2-to-nvc-to-embassy/

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

BTW    there are 2 K1 interviews on the portal for Turkey scheduled 

have you tried to write to those 2 VJ members to ask if their packets have just been sent to the embassy or if they have been "on hold "  since the spring?

always check your portal and read what other VJ members from  your embassy post as they have the best information

Timeline

Thank you for your responses.  I did find the two other's that have interviews scheduled and have messaged them for more information.  I realize that the embassy beginning to schedule for K1's is like a drip and not everything happens at once, but it is good news that they have begun to re-schedule.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I was told the same thing when I called NVC. They sent our case to Ankara Embassy and I should contact embassy going forward. Our case was sent in October 2020 and we submitted the DS-160 and we have been in the “Ready” status since November. My understanding from the website is that they are processing only Turkish citizens and those in Turkey, which you are a Turkish citizen so hopefully you will get something soon. My fiancé was assigned to Ankara. Embassy told me I have to wait for the letter with interview details. I am just praying they email the packet since my fiancé received his NVC October 4 letter at his home on November 27. Good luck!

Timeline

We are on the same page. Although I'm a Turkey resident. My case has not been sent to Ankara embassy. I contacted the embassy they told me to contact NVC and ask for your case to be transferred. Then I contacted NVC, they told me no this is ANkara's task to request. Again Ankara, and the answer was no that is NVC's task. 

This is 2 monthS since I got my NOV2 😔

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.