83 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 1/13/2021 at 11:40 AM, Lucky Cat said:

We moved here from McKinney in 2018....😃

On 1/13/2021 at 11:41 AM, Chauncey said:

I'm in Wylie 🙃 small world

Durn Yankees...

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

19 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

I'm waiting for the Durham NC VA but in a discussion with a staff member and the information they are distributing via email updates, they are following CDC rollout guidelines and only inoculating phase 1 and 1b. Those would-be frontline staff and anyone who is suffering from an acute disease and those over 75 years of age. Once that has been met then they will go into phase 2 which includes those older than 65.

Thanks for that update. I think I’ll call my local VA clinic and see what’s happening there. 

On 1/13/2021 at 8:28 PM, flicks1998 said:

I posted this in another thread, but this is part of the body of an email I sent to the organization I work for as I monitor all the global travel.  The key points are below, the full 9 page PDF is at the CDC web-site. 

The CDC has officially issued the COVID testing order for all passengers flying to the US starting January 26th, 2021.  Highlights are:

• Test needs to be conducted within 72 hours from departure
  • A PCR-test or antigen test is sufficient
  • All passengers 2 years of age and older are required to do a test
  • Crew members of airlines or aircraft operators are exempt as long as they follow industry standard protocols for the prevention of COVID-19 as is set for in the Safety Alerts by Operators issued by the FAA.
  • Passengers who have previously tested positive do not need a test if they can present their previous test results (with the last 90 days) and a signed letter from a physician stating they have been cleared for travel.
  • Connecting flights are OK, but connections cannot be more than 24 hours in length.  All flights must be on the same record locater. 

Do you know if any antigen test is accepted? Like is rapid antigen OK?

13 minutes ago, Bug&Bug said:

Do you know if any antigen test is accepted? Like is rapid antigen OK?

Yes its fine. Its bullet point #2 in my post.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Of course not, ever heard of the No FLy List. 

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• Captain Ewok changed the title to Air travelers will need negative Covid test to enter US
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Derailing posts removed~~~

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

On 1/13/2021 at 7:46 AM, Chauncey said:

Right. I meant with travel. More restrictions keep piling on every country making it really hard to find a place to meet your loved ones

At one time I was so disgusted with the immigration process, I was thinking of going overseas, taking the 2 week quarantine and then just living there.

24 minutes ago, Mylilelar1 said:

At one time I was so disgusted with the immigration process, I was thinking of going overseas, taking the 2 week quarantine and then just living there.

We actually did this for 8 months in the Philippines. It was great. However, my partner had to return to the US to take care of some job/business concerns that couldn't be taken care of remotely. Your situation may be different and I know your wife already has a ticket to travel to the US soon. Hope it goes smoothly for her.

One advantage of the COVID test requirement is that it makes me feel more at ease about long-distance travel and sharing the cramped interior of a plane with complete strangers. Sure, the tests aren't perfect, but they're better than no tests at all. The test requirement gives me some peace of mind about this already stressful process.

Edited by Adventine

-lurking in-

I just returned from Odessa, TX last Tuesday, to finally meet my online boyfriend. We're engaged now🥰 I had to take a test prior to leaving Texas as I live in Canada and they stipulated the test as a requirement to board the flight home. I'm back and currently in quarantine. Canada has very strict requirements to self check-in, daily, during the 14 days. 2 days ago I actually got a call from the "covid police". 

I really want to return and marry my Love, yet know it will require 4 weeks total of quarantine on either end of the trip. I just cannot afford that scenario, so I'm hoping as quickly as things change, there will somehow be a way that things will lessen before I return again much later since sooner is not an option with all these mandates. 

Realistically, I'll need the minimum of 6 weeks to go, return to Texas and marry, then come back, so he can start the immigration process. 

-lurking out-

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bebo1969 said:

-lurking in-

I just returned from Odessa, TX last Tuesday, to finally meet my online boyfriend. We're engaged now🥰 I had to take a test prior to leaving Texas as I live in Canada and they stipulated the test as a requirement to board the flight home. I'm back and currently in quarantine. Canada has very strict requirements to self check-in, daily, during the 14 days. 2 days ago I actually got a call from the "covid police". 

I really want to return and marry my Love, yet know it will require 4 weeks total of quarantine on either end of the trip. I just cannot afford that scenario, so I'm hoping as quickly as things change, there will somehow be a way that things will lessen before I return again much later since sooner is not an option with all these mandates. 

Realistically, I'll need the minimum of 6 weeks to go, return to Texas and marry, then come back, so he can start the immigration process. 

-lurking out-

Congratulations! My husband lives in Houston and I live in Toronto. We're holed up in the backlog awaiting our CR-1 interview in Montreal. I travelled twice to see him last year and during my quarantine in December was called 4x by public health officials. Quick question for you - where did you get your test to come back? Did they accept the PCR test from CVS? Just want to know for next time...thanks and congrats again! 

Just now, CGs_Mother said:

Congratulations! My husband lives in Houston and I live in Toronto. We're holed up in the backlog awaiting our CR-1 interview in Montreal. I travelled twice to see him last year and during my quarantine in December was called 4x by public health officials. Quick question for you - where did you get your test to come back? Did they accept the PCR test from CVS? Just want to know for next time...thanks and congrats again! 

Thank you☺️

I actually did an antigen rapid test at a drive-through mobile clinic in Odessa.Took 10 minutes for the results. I was horrified when I realized only as the procedure took place I knew it wasn't the PCR (tickle your brain type, the lady just placed two different swabs up my nostrils and turned for 15 seconds) I was SO concerned at the airport and thought I'd be turned away. However all 3 people - the check in agent in Midland, CBSA officer and the Public Health officer in Canada accepted my receipt of the negative test.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.