SEWI

NEW <72hr COVID Testing

29 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Toby & Becky said:

How did your test at T5 go? Did you have any issues at arrival in the US? We set up for testing Monday at T5 at noon, and are departing Tuesday at 9am. Booked online for the rapid antigen test. 

It was super easy for us. We arrived at 5:30 an hour before we booked, hardly anyone there and we were in test done and out within ten mins. We went and got A coffee at the nearby Cafe Nero and got our results before we even had a first sip - 10 mins no more. Negative thankfully! We went back and picked up the printout however we did notice they made an error on the date of the test as it said the following day, which would have invalidated it as it stated a test taken after we would have travelled, so check all the details match up. No sooner did we go to leave when suddenly the lack of queue turned into a long queue, so I think it’####### and miss to how busy it is. 
departing the next day, prepare to keep your results print out handy. We showed it to at least 4 people, it held up plane a bit but wasn’t too difficult. 
departing plane at LAX we had to show the print out again to a few people as you step off, this slowed things down a bit. Then had to show it again to immigration. Once that was done everything was fine and we were out. All in all not a bad experience all things considered! Just be prepared to show that negative print out over and over again so keep it handy! Good luck! 

On 1/5/2021 at 8:04 PM, Morgan5698 said:

departing the next day, prepare to keep your results print out handy. We showed it to at least 4 people, it held up plane a bit but wasn’t too difficult. 
departing plane at LAX we had to show the print out again to a few people as you step off, this slowed things down a bit. Then had to show it again to immigration. Once that was done everything was fine and we were out. All in all not a bad experience all things considered! Just be prepared to show that negative print out over and over again so keep it handy! Good luck! 

Thank you so much for posting what the experience is like traveling with the negative result. My husband is traveling back to LAX tomorrow from Heathrow and now I can tell him what to expect. And to keep the printout handy!

6 minutes ago, LunaSky said:

I don't think those are accepted.... 

It has to be a private test with a "travelling letter" stating you're negative.

This has been my understanding also. 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone travelled recently from thr UK to the US with BA? I am trying to establish what is an 'acceptable' covid test - I can get a rapid antigen test or a PCR test, but the price difference is HUGE! I am hoping to use the rapid antigen test taken the day before travel at a clinic that can process the results within 15 mins and provide the official results. I just wanted to ask if anyone has and any issues with the airlines being particular about which test was taken. Thanks!

9 hours ago, KathB said:

Has anyone travelled recently from thr UK to the US with BA? I am trying to establish what is an 'acceptable' covid test - I can get a rapid antigen test or a PCR test, but the price difference is HUGE! I am hoping to use the rapid antigen test taken the day before travel at a clinic that can process the results within 15 mins and provide the official results. I just wanted to ask if anyone has and any issues with the airlines being particular about which test was taken. Thanks!

As far as I'm aware, the airlines have to comply with the country-specific rules, not their own rules. USA is accepting antigen (rapid test) or PCR (1-2 days test). I'm getting the antigen one in a couple of weeks for Heathrow > Chicago.

6 hours ago, corntop said:

As far as I'm aware, the airlines have to comply with the country-specific rules, not their own rules. USA is accepting antigen (rapid test) or PCR (1-2 days test). I'm getting the antigen one in a couple of weeks for Heathrow > Chicago.

Thank you!! I also think the rapid antigen test is ok for the US too, I am just going in circles here and really appreciate hearing your thoughts. It's such a stressy time! Good luck with your trip and thank you again.

1 hour ago, Bug&Bug said:

Im in heathrow T5 at the testing centre. Its pretty much empty, no queue, and like 4 people waiting for results.

Is travel out of UK permitted? I thought it wasn't allowed as we're in lockdown. 

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
On 2/15/2021 at 9:55 AM, KathB said:

Why don’t you call BA and get the answer from the source? Things change rapidly regarding Covid. 

Try this BA testing page https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/coronavirus/covid19-tests#departure

Edited by Wuozopo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.