zaback21

Please advise on RFE: Late Registered Birth Certificate

7 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

So, I received RFE 3 weeks ago regarding by F2B petition with my mother and have been asked to provide various documents and proofs regarding that. 

The main documents requested basically are the following:

Birth Certificate: I was born in the 80s but the government of Bangladesh only started issuing centralised national birth certificate after Birth Registration Act of 2006. So, I am getting a letter from Birth Registration office of  local City Council + another similar letter from Birth Registration head office explaining the reasoning for late registered birth certificate and why my birth certificate was issued in 2008 and not in 1980s when I was born. 

Religious Documents: I can't attach as this doesn't exist in our country in any form. I will explain that in the letter. Hence, non availability certificate also can't be provided since no such department exists to provide one. 

Early School Records: Early school mark sheets of mine shows only my name and age but no parents name or date of birth. I won't be providing any non-availabilty certificate as it wasn't the norm either to mention those details in school certificate. 

Medical Records: I was born at home and not in a hospital. The doctor is a family friend of ours for over 35 years. She will write a letter on her official medical pad explaining she helped deliver me on that day in our home and mention my mom. Hence, no hospital records will be provided as none is applicable. 

Census Records: Census records doesn't exist in our country. Same reasoning as for religious records. 

Affidavits: 3 affidavits will be provided. My dad, my paternal aunt and my paternal grandmother,  whom all are also US Resident explaining they were present during my birth. 

DNA Testing: Probably the most important part. I have already initiated the DNA testing with DDC. Currently the US embassy are not accepting DNA tests kit in my country until further notice. But I will be provided a Letter of Compliance to mention that and wait until the DNA testing is being done. 

Photos: I will provide photo of me and my mom at age 5, age 16, age 25. Age 5 was the earliest pic I could find of me and my mom unfortunately. 

Can anyone please advise if I missed anything or anything I can do better. Thanks in advance!

Just checking that your local mosque or whatever institution you use doesn’t have religious records? If your primary school is still in existence can they provide copies of registration records showing parent names? Other than that seems about the best you can do with what you have available. They may make you wait til the DNA results are in.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Just checking that your local mosque or whatever institution you use doesn’t have religious records? If your primary school is still in existence can they provide copies of registration records showing parent names? Other than that seems about the best you can do with what you have available. They may make you wait til the DNA results are in.

Thanks for the reply. Mosque doesn't keep any records or any such in our country. 

The school exists but they won't have any records whatsoever to be honest. I don't think they even kept my Kindergarten school mark sheet either. It's a lot of insignificant papers that has no use keeping in the first place for 30 years. 

Only my dad's name is mentioned in my mark sheet which I forgot to mention in the above post as having mother's name wasn't norm till government made it mandatory since 2000. So, it can show my dad, but won't show my mom's name there. 

I hope I don't have to get a non-availabilty certificate as the school went through several change of management and ownership and would be difficult to even manage to get any certificate. Only the name remained same, but everything changed in the school,  so in a way it's not even the same school or kinda doesn't exist. 

Quite honestly - they’re not going to care whether or not you get a non availability certificate for school records, what they are interested in is getting proof, not why you can’t get any. As said previously- you may find yourself waiting for the DNA if there isn’t enough other evidence to satisfy them.

Timeline
8 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Quite honestly - they’re not going to care whether or not you get a non availability certificate for school records, what they are interested in is getting proof, not why you can’t get any. As said previously- you may find yourself waiting for the DNA if there isn’t enough other evidence to satisfy them.

Thanks for the message. I guess I will have to wait till 2021 to see how DNA testing goes. Not sure if the embassy is not accepting and conducting tests due to immigration ban or due to embassy at limited activity due to Covid-19. 

• 6 months later...
Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi. Do you have any update regarding your RFE?

On 12/7/2020 at 1:50 PM, zaback21 said:

So, I received RFE 3 weeks ago regarding by F2B petition with my mother and have been asked to provide various documents and proofs regarding that. 

The main documents requested basically are the following:

Birth Certificate: I was born in the 80s but the government of Bangladesh only started issuing centralised national birth certificate after Birth Registration Act of 2006. So, I am getting a letter from Birth Registration office of  local City Council + another similar letter from Birth Registration head office explaining the reasoning for late registered birth certificate and why my birth certificate was issued in 2008 and not in 1980s when I was born. 

Religious Documents: I can't attach as this doesn't exist in our country in any form. I will explain that in the letter. Hence, non availability certificate also can't be provided since no such department exists to provide one. 

Early School Records: Early school mark sheets of mine shows only my name and age but no parents name or date of birth. I won't be providing any non-availabilty certificate as it wasn't the norm either to mention those details in school certificate. 

Medical Records: I was born at home and not in a hospital. The doctor is a family friend of ours for over 35 years. She will write a letter on her official medical pad explaining she helped deliver me on that day in our home and mention my mom. Hence, no hospital records will be provided as none is applicable. 

Census Records: Census records doesn't exist in our country. Same reasoning as for religious records. 

Affidavits: 3 affidavits will be provided. My dad, my paternal aunt and my paternal grandmother,  whom all are also US Resident explaining they were present during my birth. 

DNA Testing: Probably the most important part. I have already initiated the DNA testing with DDC. Currently the US embassy are not accepting DNA tests kit in my country until further notice. But I will be provided a Letter of Compliance to mention that and wait until the DNA testing is being done. 

Photos: I will provide photo of me and my mom at age 5, age 16, age 25. Age 5 was the earliest pic I could find of me and my mom unfortunately. 

Can anyone please advise if I missed anything or anything I can do better. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/12/2021 at 10:30 PM, bulls2030 said:

Hi. Do you have any update regarding your RFE?

No. Still waiting for the embassy to schedule dna appointment. And it's been 6 months now with embassy being open for 4 i think. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.