traveler_me

Could a detailed GoFundMe campaign against a 5 year travel ban be dangerous to reverse it?

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
57 minutes ago, traveler_me said:

Lawyer has claimed 90% success rate with cases like ours, and even has seen success for worse cases than ours. 

Lawyer said time to overturn can be anywhere from 1 month to 6 months vs. a waiver taking a year or more.

The amount of answers on this thread that are unrelated to the question is alarmingly high.

We cannot pay the lawyer fees, so the only option we see right now is a Go Fund Me. When answering, please keep to the topic, which is how a Go Fund Me campaign could affect the process.

My only suspicion is if the government would check into our facebook posts etc. and then see our go fund me campaign w/ negative experiences with CBP and then they make a frivolous decision to deny any app based on our negative account being told to the world.

search VJ site and you will see lawyers often promise things that may or may not happen

but as for your question about the "go fund me" we can not answer correctly 

as no one here knows if you are aware and following the regulations for what this fund would be

it would be a charitable fund and you must do this legally 

we thought to do one for my brother when he was waiting for an expensive lung transplant and when we consulted a lawyer ,  what we found out was the rules are so scrict,  it is almost impossible / your fund can only be used for the process /  nothing personal, etc and the big thing is "it has to benefit the public"

https://www.nonprofitpro.com/article/rules-charitable-giving/

Edited by JeanneAdil

1 hour ago, traveler_me said:

My only suspicion is if the government would check into our facebook posts etc. and then see our go fund me campaign w/ negative experiences with CBP and then they make a frivolous decision to deny any app based on our negative account being told to the world.

It’s very possible they may check... when filing your wife will need to disclose her user names of all online forums/accounts etc e.g. Facebook, the go fund me, email addresses, Twitter and any other accounts she has including this forum if she has an account.. 

you need to be extremely mindful that anything posted on the internet is viewable by USCIS/NVC/Consulate should they choose to look it up and in this day and age they tend to look more than you think to help protect the country against extremists etc.. 

everything you post regard to the go fund me and your case should be true and factual, making unsubstantiated accusations or posting false, misleading statements about your wife’s denial for financial gain “could” lead USCIS to consider moral tribute as a factor when considering the application/waiver.

You need to remember they too have access to all the information including statements signed by your wife, obtained at time of entry from CBC they will not just take your word for how she was treated. They’ll get all this information for CBC plus it’s also possible that they have audio and video footage of her interview to substantiate they’re side of everything that occurred. accusations of mistreatment really need hard evidence, mocking the CBC Officers litterateur skills and making claim to falsehoods isn’t in my opinion a strong case, especially when you’ve already said your wife didn’t lie during her interview and signed the statement as being true and correct. 

as you’ve said in your prior post. Y’all moved back to the US, she planned to work remotely and she was funded by an American missionary while she was on a tourist visa.. a play on words by your lawyer may not help you any.. you keep saying she wasn’t working for an American employer, yet the American missionary was funding her? Is this minor technicality of wording really worth the time wasted and expense? When at the end of the day both are paid in American dollars either directly or indirectly to or for her?

personally I’d be forgetting the go fund me and the lawyers advise, your chances of arguing the case and winning are very slim and if you don’t, you’ll still need to submit the waiver such a waste of time and money for the sake of pride... stop living in denial and accept what you did was wrong.. failure to accept your mistake could go against you when determining the case... you need to acknowledge you messed up and will not do it again, if you can’t do that then why should a waiver be approved? 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

5 minutes ago, HRQX said:

*CBP

Sorry... we call em CBC back home is habit 😂 same thing tho

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.