aratamorne

N-400 November 2020 Filers

451 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Submitted my N-400 form yesterday Online for a 5 year GC. After dilly dallying for about couple of months. Needed clarifications on many questions filing Online, doing it alone. However thankfully never needed to go to an immigration attorney for help, VJ and google saved me money. Shows 6 months for case completion. When approximately would I get the biometrics appointment from now ?

Edited by G_One

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
9 hours ago, G_One said:

Submitted my N-400 form yesterday Online for a 5 year GC. After dilly dallying for about couple of months. Needed clarifications on many questions filing Online, doing it alone. However thankfully never needed to go to an immigration attorney for help, VJ and google saved me money. Shows 6 months for case completion. When approximately would I get the biometrics appointment from now ?

Seems to be anyone's guess these days....I heard from someone here who got their NOA a week after filing (like everyone else) and this was back in May 2020. She's still waiting for her biometrics appt even though the site says the estimated completion date for her case is Dec 2020. Obviously, that is not likely to hold true anymore. The weeks when USCIS offices were closed in spring-summer have likely made the backlog worse.

Timeline
9 hours ago, TajTaj said:

I am not happy to share this horrible mistake made by USCIS but I want everyone to be careful  as follow-

I filed My N-400 on 6/9/2020 based up on IR Spouse of citizenship being qualified 3 years of PR that allows me file 90 days prior to my 3rd GC anniversary. and I had an interview on 11/12/2020. I passed exam but 2 weeks later My N-400 denied because I filed early and reason being given by uscis was issuance date on GC was not correct ( It should have been 1 month later as per USCIS)......  Uscis Explanation as follow -

Your permanent resident card indicates that you obtained immigrant classification CR1 on September 2, 2017. However, this information is incorrect and you should have received immigrant classification CR6 on the actual date of approval on October 2 2017. 

so be careful when you file N-400 based up on spouse of citizenship.

this is AWFUL ! What a stressful experience this must be for you :( I am so sorry. 

And to think this was a mistake on the part of USCIS. I hope they do not charge you to file again? 

On 11/24/2020 at 12:26 PM, KimberleyVDB said:

Submitted my application on Nov 18. I'm in CA, my estimated time is July 2021 but I'm not going to be putting bets on that one 😂

We filed on the same day!!! My estimated time is July 2021 as well 😆

On 11/25/2020 at 4:31 PM, TajTaj said:

I am not happy to share this horrible mistake made by USCIS but I want everyone to be careful  as follow-

I filed My N-400 on 6/9/2020 based up on IR Spouse of citizenship being qualified 3 years of PR that allows me file 90 days prior to my 3rd GC anniversary. and I had an interview on 11/12/2020. I passed exam but 2 weeks later My N-400 denied because I filed early and reason being given by uscis was issuance date on GC was not correct ( It should have been 1 month later as per USCIS)......  Uscis Explanation as follow -

Your permanent resident card indicates that you obtained immigrant classification CR1 on September 2, 2017. However, this information is incorrect and you should have received immigrant classification CR6 on the actual date of approval on October 2 2017. 

sorry to hear this, so you're really a CR6 supposedly? I hope you get to inform them completely about their mistake since you already paid and had their interview taken. They should have seen it before the interview took place. 

We filed for my husband today. Filed under the 3 year rule. We had put it off for a while because to be honest we needed an “immigration process” break.  The kick was the change in civics test, as mentioned it does not seem to be too bad but my husband has test anxiety and just the thought of more questions was all the push we needed to get back in the process. Good luck to everyone. We are in the Portland Oregon area. 

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Sunya and Tim said:

We filed for my husband today. Filed under the 3 year rule. We had put it off for a while because to be honest we needed an “immigration process” break.  The kick was the change in civics test, as mentioned it does not seem to be too bad but my husband has test anxiety and just the thought of more questions was all the push we needed to get back in the process. Good luck to everyone. We are in the Portland Oregon area. 

Portland here as well 😊

I hear you on needing an 'immigration break'. I hope this will be the final step and we can be done with the entire ordeal once and forever. 

When I checked with USCIS over the phone a few weeks ago, the current processing times for N400 were 12-13 months for the Portland office. Let's hope that improves! 

Good luck to both of you! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Filed my N400 finally just now.

Need to wait for 72 hours to show up this application online on my account.

Just found that the Final filled form (actual N400 form auto filled using the online entry data) missed the spouse/kids address - State and County parts, I dont care much as my address is correct all the way.

My USC Journey noteshttps://tinyurl.com/myUSCNotes 

Citizenship: Completed SFO/CA(Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Nov 31, 2020 (Day 00): Submitted N400 Application, filed online.

Dec 07, 2020 (Day 08): NOA Receipt received in the mail.

Feb 19, 2021 (Day 82): Biometrics reuse notice received online.

Dec 22, 2021 (Day 387) Interview is  scheduled for 01/25/2022.

Jan 25, 2021 (Day 420) Interview and Oath is completed.

Passport: Completed (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Jan 26, 2022 (Day 00): Submitted Application at USPS - Regular speed.

Feb 01, 2022 (Day 06): DOS received (status: in process) Locator 69: New Hampshire: Old Gen Passport to come.

Feb 23, 2022 (Day 28) :  Approved on DOS site.

Feb 28, 2022 (Day 33) :  Received the passport - Old Gen.

Mar 01, 2022 (Day 34) :  Received the passport card.

Mar 04, 2022 (Day 37) :  Received the original Naturalization Certificate safely.

SS Updates: In Progress (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Feb 29, 2022 (Day 00) :  Received the passport card, used it for SS updates request on the same day.

Good afternoon fellow November Filers! Made it just in time to answer 6 questions rather than 20 by filing 11/26/2020 (Thanksgiving day). Charlotte, NC office with expected 8 month turnaround. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Los Angeles area here 

filed n400 online for My wife on the same day she was eligibile under the 3 year rule 

751 Is pending 

Good luck all 

On 11/25/2020 at 2:21 PM, khasieu113 said:

Hi all, here is my timeline.

11/05/20 - Application submitted

11/05/20 - Biometrics done - Military perk

11/18/20 - Additional Information request

11/20/20 - Additional information Summited 

You got your biometrics done  same day you submitted application ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 11/25/2020 at 1:31 PM, TajTaj said:

Curious when did you or ur spouse enter USA . September 2nd or October 2nd ? 

4 minutes ago, Lazybones18 said:

Los Angeles area here 

filed n400 online for My wife on the same day she was eligibile under the 3 year rule 

751 Is pending 

Good luck all 

You got your biometrics done  same day you submitted application ? 

Yes. It's one of the service member's perk. You can go to ACS station without an appointment.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
48 minutes ago, khasieu113 said:

Yes. It's one of the service member's perk. You can go to ACS station without an appointment.

Military can do biometrics even BEFORE filing N400 🙂  When they are dreaming the n400 itself...

My USC Journey noteshttps://tinyurl.com/myUSCNotes 

Citizenship: Completed SFO/CA(Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Nov 31, 2020 (Day 00): Submitted N400 Application, filed online.

Dec 07, 2020 (Day 08): NOA Receipt received in the mail.

Feb 19, 2021 (Day 82): Biometrics reuse notice received online.

Dec 22, 2021 (Day 387) Interview is  scheduled for 01/25/2022.

Jan 25, 2021 (Day 420) Interview and Oath is completed.

Passport: Completed (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Jan 26, 2022 (Day 00): Submitted Application at USPS - Regular speed.

Feb 01, 2022 (Day 06): DOS received (status: in process) Locator 69: New Hampshire: Old Gen Passport to come.

Feb 23, 2022 (Day 28) :  Approved on DOS site.

Feb 28, 2022 (Day 33) :  Received the passport - Old Gen.

Mar 01, 2022 (Day 34) :  Received the passport card.

Mar 04, 2022 (Day 37) :  Received the original Naturalization Certificate safely.

SS Updates: In Progress (Details: Click the hidden content below)

Spoiler

Feb 29, 2022 (Day 00) :  Received the passport card, used it for SS updates request on the same day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.