Samibra

I need a help please for my spouse

87 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Comoros
Timeline

I am US citizen and I want to make a petition to my spouse but she just told me that she played the dvlottery 2022 and like we know that the result will began from May 2021. do I need to wait until she get the result for the lottery or I can apply the petition now? And if I send the application and after we discover that she win the lottery, what to do? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, imsambi said:

I am US citizen and I want to make a petition to my spouse but she just told me that she played the dvlottery 2022 and like we know that the result will began from May 2021. do I need to wait until she get the result for the lottery or I can apply the petition now? And if I send the application and after we discover that she win the lottery, what to do? 

Not a reason to wait.   If she wins you withdraw the petition 

YMMV

Timeline

I have another problem,  me and my wife we come from the some country and we are married but she is younger than me. I am 41 years old and she is 19 years old. there is not a problem for the different age ?  I am very afraid to send the application and the USCIS will reject it because of the different age. and we just meet 2 months ago and we got married.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, imsambi said:

I have another problem,  me and my wife we come from the some country and we are married but she is younger than me. I am 41 years old and she is 19 years old. there is not a problem for the different age ?  I am very afraid to send the application and the USCIS will reject it because of the different age. and we just meet 2 months ago and we got married.

USCIS won't deny for this reason.   I have a much bigger age difference.   It's all about demonstrating a bonafide relationship particularly to the consular.

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

USCIS won't deny for this reason.   I have a much bigger age difference.   It's all about demonstrating a bonafide relationship particularly to the consular.

Thank you so much because I we have the idea to change her age and it's not easy because we have to change her certificate of birth, passeport and  her diploma

Timeline
1 minute ago, imsambi said:

Thank you so much because I we have the idea to change her age and it's not easy because we have to change her certificate of birth, passeport and  her diploma

So your original plan was to falsify documents?

YMMV

12 minutes ago, imsambi said:

Use the dates on the original documents.   Using fake document will lead to very bad ending.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Timeline
14 minutes ago, payxibka said:

So your original plan was to falsify documents?

its not to falsify but her real age is 23 but  when she was little in fifth grade, her parents had lowered her age to justice so we gave her a new birth certificate so next week she found her real birth certificate which is at her normal age so i wanted to go to justice and make another judgment to have a new birth certificate with his normal age because I thought that USCIS will reject our application because of her age

Edited by imsambi

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Use the dates on the original documents.   Using fake document will lead to very bad ending.

when she was little in fifth grade, her parents had lowered her age to justice so we gave her a new birth certificate so next week she found her real birth certificate which is at her normal age so i wanted to go to justice and make another judgment to have a new birth certificate with his normal age because I thought that USCIS will reject our application because of her age

2 minutes ago, imsambi said:

when she was little in fifth grade, her parents had lowered her age to justice so we gave her a new birth certificate so next week she found her real birth certificate which is at her normal age so i wanted to go to justice and make another judgment to have a new birth certificate with his normal age because I thought that USCIS will reject our application because of her age

Yeah all of this sounds bad.  You wonder why Africans have a hard time getting visas or immigrating.

All of the dates should match.

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

Timeline

Another question brothers. I lived in US and worked there but I come back in my country since 2017. After almost 4 years I decide to go back in US and find a job and make a petition to my wife that I just meet and married 2 months ago. my question is, there is no problem if I didn't live there since 2017 and I didn't pay taxes ? 

Thanks 

Timeline
Just now, imsambi said:

Another question brothers. I lived in US and worked there but I come back in my country since 2017. After almost 4 years I decide to go back in US and find a job and make a petition to my wife that I just meet and married 2 months ago. my question is, there is no problem if I didn't live there since 2017 and I didn't pay taxes ? 

Thanks 

You have a filing obligation.   Whether you have a tax liability is a separate question.  US want you to report your worldwide income 

YMMV

As a US Citizen you are required to file a tax return every year.   You most likely do not owe anything as the income over abroad may be subject to an exemption.

2 minutes ago, imsambi said:

make a petition to my wife that I just meet and married 2 months ago.

hope you collected a  good mix a bonafide evidence for your I-130 petition

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

Yeah all of this sounds bad.  You wonder why Africans have a hard time getting visas or immigrating.

All of the dates should match.

So we should just leave her age that she have now in passport and diploma because someone told me here that USCIS won't deny because we have a different age 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.