SN@5127

Canadian born child (unmarried over 21)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have applied (Form-130) for my Canadian born child back in Sept of 2017. The file is located in USCIS Vermont Office. I check USCIS Processing time frequently however, I am confused on date(s) Can anyone out their share their view/comment/experience about this.

USCIS website I check Processing time page and in "Receipt date for a Case Inquiry"  column has a date but some time that date shows March 15 2105 and few days later same column shows Feb 15 2015. I can understand when the date moves forward but the question is why this dates is moving backwards. Please have your comments.

Stay Safe out there

Thanks,

SN

Backlogs building up can cause it to move backwards. 
Are you checking this website because you haven’t received an approval notice for the petition yet?   Approval is any way likely to happen well before the priority date is current (which is when a visa will be available). Visas for F2B are currently only available for priority dates before July 2015 (and right now only for adjustment  of status as visa issuance in this category is banned till year end).

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline

Thanks for a quick reply.

Yes I am checking to see the approval and see the progress of cases so date of my receipt which is Sept 11 2017 is getting any closer. 

-sn

Ok so honestly... I wouldn’t be checking it so frequently. You still probably have a couple of years to go, either way. I just want to clarify that you know it is the visa bulletin, not USCIS processing times page, that is the important thing to check for when a visa will be available? (Though same thing there, nothing of significance will happen for probably a year or two, you’ll get notification to submit documents about a year before they expect a visa to be available.) Hard to tell until next year and the resumption of normal visa interviews how bad the backlogged effect from this year (Covid shutdowns at the embassies plus bans) is gong to be.

Timeline

To respond to your question, It is USCIS Processing Time website and not "visa bulletin" as you mentioned.

One last question today PLEASE: Would you know the form numbers that would filled (a year or so before visa). When I got my forms done long time ago, I was already in the USA so I filed all forms together. 

Thanks again

-s

18 minutes ago, SN@5127 said:

To respond to your question, It is USCIS Processing Time website and not "visa bulletin" as you mentioned.

One last question today PLEASE: Would you know the form numbers that would filled (a year or so before visa). When I got my forms done long time ago, I was already in the USA so I filed all forms together. 

Thanks again

-s

Ok, I guessed you missed my point. Again: the processing time is generally of no consequence as the petition is usually processed and approved well before a visa is available. Perhaps because you did adjustment of status,  presumably in an immediate relative category, you do not understand the importance of the visa bulletin for numerically limited visas. I was trying to ensure you understood that it is the visa bulletin that matters.

The NVC will send you all the information. DS260 and I864 are the main ones. If you follow table B in the visa bulletin, you will know when to expect these.

Edited by SusieQQQ

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 

To give you an update, we are in the same boat I am a nationalized Canadian living in Woodbridge ON and  moving to Kansas MO to stay with my mom my PD is March 2017 but my file is in California, today my mom sent me a picture of my NOA with the approval so I guess that now I have to wait for the NVS to send the information or the date on the table.

PS: You should be getting your NOA soon and let me know if you get information on your end!

Regards,

David  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.