DannyA

EAD/AP Renewal - Help / Questions

8 posts in this topic

Hey!! Firstly, thank you to everyone that's on here providing support and guidance!!  You all are amazing ! 

I have just updated my timeline and have a couple of questions as I'm about to renew my EAD Combo Card but have noticed that the I-765 has been updated since I applied last year. I would highly appreciate any assistance that will enable me to send over my documents this week as my card expires in Feb 2021.

Form I-765

Question 25 - Your Current Immigration Status or Category (for example, B-2 visitor, F-1 student, parolee, deferred action, or no status or category)

My immigration status prior to adjusting was WT - VWP,. Is this the same considering I have a pending case?

Question 27 - Eligibility Category

Am I still a C9 category?

Question 30.a. - Have you EVER been arrested for, and/or charged with, and/or convicted of any crime in any country?

I believe this question has been updated on the new version of the form. I was given a reprimand when I was 15 years old (2007) in the United Kingdom that appeared on my record as 'No Live Trace'. I had said yes and provided the additional evidence / police records on my I-485 application, but didn't need to with last years I-765 form. Would the correct answer to this question be yes and if so, would I need to attach police records as evidence when filing?

Form I-131 

Question 4.a. - Have you ever been issued a reentry permit or Refuge Travel Document? 

Would the answer to this question be yes as I have received an advanced parole?  

I am under the impression that there isn't a filing fee as I have a pending adjustment case and in addition, that this should be sent to the Chicago Lockbox location (where I first sent it).

Thank you in advance !!!!

22 minutes ago, DannyA said:

Question 25 - Your Current Immigration Status

Pending adjustment of status

22 minutes ago, DannyA said:

I am under the impression that there isn't a filing fee as I have a pending adjustment case

Make sure to include a copy of the I-797C receipt notice of your I-485 in your renewal application packets.

Edited by Chancy

40 minutes ago, DannyA said:

Is this the same considering I have a pending case?

Put "No status." Although you currently don't have a status, you are in a period of stay authorized by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Am I still a C9 category?

Yes. "(c)(9)( )" On the first page you'll select "Renewal of my permission to accept employment"

Would the correct answer to this question be yes and if so, would I need to attach police records as evidence when filing?

You don't answer that question at all. That question is only for C8 EAD applicants. "If you entered the eligibility category (c)(8) in Item Number 27., provide the information requested in Item Numbers 30.a. - 30.g."

Question 4.a. - Have you ever been issued a reentry permit or Refuge Travel Document? 

Answer is "No." Advance Parole (I-512) is neither reentry permit (I-327) nor Refuge Travel Document (I-571).

I am under the impression that there isn't a filing fee as I have a pending adjustment case and in addition, that this should be sent to the Chicago Lockbox location (where I first sent it).

If you paid the full fee for I-485 then it's free. Attach 2 copies* of the I-485 receipt notice as proof.

*1 for I-765 and 1 for I-131. Each application should have it's own set of documentation. You can then submit everything together in the same envelope.

Edited by HRQX

On 10/19/2020 at 11:56 AM, Chancy said:

Pending adjustment of status

Make sure to include a copy of the I-797C receipt notice of your I-485 in your renewal application packets.

Thank you !! I'm sending my forms today :) !!! 
Question - On the envelope, would it be the following -

"Work Authorization & Advanced Parole Renewal
Form I-765 and Form I-131" 

Would the words 'Original Submission' need to be included?

On 10/19/2020 at 12:05 PM, HRQX said:

Put "No status." Although you currently don't have a status, you are in a period of stay authorized by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

Yes. "(c)(9)( )" On the first page you'll select "Renewal of my permission to accept employment"

You don't answer that question at all. That question is only for C8 EAD applicants. "If you entered the eligibility category (c)(8) in Item Number 27., provide the information requested in Item Numbers 30.a. - 30.g."

Answer is "No." Advance Parole (I-512) is neither reentry permit (I-327) nor Refuge Travel Document (I-571).

If you paid the full fee for I-485 then it's free. Attach 2 copies* of the I-485 receipt notice as proof.

*1 for I-765 and 1 for I-131. Each application should have it's own set of documentation. You can then submit everything together in the same envelope.

Thank you !! I'm sending my forms today :) !!! 

2 minutes ago, DannyA said:

"Attention" field will already reference Family Based Adjustment of Status (FBAS): https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses "If You Have a Pending Adjustment of Status Application"

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS

Attn: FBAS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Putting "EAD/AP Renewal" on envelope is optional.

3 hours ago, HRQX said:

"Attention" field will already reference Family Based Adjustment of Status (FBAS): https://www.uscis.gov/i-765-addresses "If You Have a Pending Adjustment of Status Application"

USCIS Chicago Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service (USPS):

USCIS

PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

For FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries:

USCIS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Putting "EAD/AP Renewal" on envelope is optional.

Makes perfect sense, appreciate you!

Just on a side note, i'm currently working 2 jobs (full time & part time). Is that frowned upon by the USCIS? As I was going to include both pay stubs as additional evidence 

14 hours ago, HRQX said:

Not at all.

Cheers!! FedEx delivered today! Now the waiting game, hopefully they send me an acknowledgment soon :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.