4 posts in this topic

Hi, good afternoon, after sending the documents to the NVC today I received an email with the following information.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________
We reviewed the Affidavit of Support form and supporting financial documents you submitted. While
we will schedule your case for an interview, there is something incomplete or missing. This could affect
the Consular Officer's ability to make a decision on your case.
On the attached Affidavit of Support Assessment Letter, we have put an "X" by each item you need to
correct.
If your Affidavit of Support form needs correction:
 Fill out a new form online.

Print, sign and send the form to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa
interview. Do not send the updated form to NVC.
If there are supporting documents missing:
 Send the missing documents to the principal applicant so he or she can take them to the visa
interview. Do not send the documents to NVC.
After NVC schedules the immigrant visa interview, we will send you an appointment letter with
additional details. You do not need to contact NVC or send us additional financial information at this
time.
You can access instructions for Affidavit of Support forms and read Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
online at nvc.state.gov/aos (English) or nvc.state.gov/aos/espanol (Spanish).
***FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial sponsors, joint sponsors and applicants
should be aware of responsibilities when signing an I-864 and the consequences for a sponsored immigrant's
acceptance of federal means-tested public benefits. For more information visit https://nvc.state.gov/aos.***

ASSESSMENT LETTER
Regarding Evidence of Income for Financial Sponsor:
____JOSE_______________________________
=====================================================================
======
These instructions refer only to the financial sponsor named above. The National Visa Center
(NVC) reviewed the Affidavit of Support form and evidence that you submitted. You are
missing one or more documents that are required to demonstrate your income level. Please
review the instructions below and collect the missing documents.
Do NOT send these documents to NVC. We will schedule your visa interview without
having reviewed these documents. Instead, give all requested documents to the visa
applicant, who should give them to the consular officer during the visa interview. Failure
to submit the requested documents at the time of the visa interview can delay this case.
The visa applicant may be found ineligible to receive a U.S. visa under INA section 221(g)
due to failure to provide some information or document(s).
You can find more information about evidence of income at https://nvc.state.gov/aos (English)
or https://nvc.state.gov/aos/espanol (Spanish). You do not need to contact NVC at this time.
After we schedule the immigrant interview, we will send the applicant an appointment letter.
***FINANCIAL SPONSORSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES: Financial sponsors, joint sponsors and
applicants should be aware of the responsibilities when signing an I-864 and the consequences for a
sponsored immigrant's acceptance of federal means-tested public benefits. For more information visit
https://nvc.state.gov/aos.***
=====================================================================
======
Please gather these marked items:
[x] Proof of current employment (examples: a recently dated job letter, or pay stub).
[x] According to the current poverty guidelines for a household of your size, the income you listed does not meet the
minimum requirement to sponsor the intending immigrant(s) on this petition. If your income alone is not sufficient
to meet the income requirement for your household size, the intending immigrant will be ineligible for an immigrant
visa. If you do not have assets to supplement your income, we recommend that you seek a joint sponsor or a
household member to help you meet the requirements to financially support the intending immigrant(s) on this
petition. If you choose to add joint sponsors or household members, please have them complete the appropriate
Affidavit of Support form(s) and give it, along with supporting financial evidence such as IRS transcripts, Form
W-2s or Form 1099s, proof of assets, proof of employment, proof of domicile, and/or proof of U.S. status, to the
visa applicant to submit at their visa interview. Do not send these documents to NVC.
a

My question, does this mean that my case is closed and an interview date pending?

That I should bring these documents to the interview, or send them to the NVC to close my case.

28 minutes ago, joseraul20 said:

Hi, good afternoon, after sending the documents to the NVC today I received an email with the following information.

My question, does this mean that my case is closed and an interview date pending?

That I should bring these documents to the interview, or send them to the NVC to close my case.

It pretty clearly states, multiple times, not to send the documents to NVC.  Follow the instructions in the letter.

I think NVC will inform you once you are 'documentary qualified.'  Timing of interview entirely depends upon the consulate's IV processing situation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.